Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
smr
Dec 18, 2002

Man, I can't wait for the devs to fix the loving "no fullscreen if you're on mobile GFX cards" bug that has been present since day one. I bought this the moment it hit early access and have yet to play it due to that :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smr
Dec 18, 2002

Buck Turgidson posted:

Really? You can't even alt+enter? What happens?

Does nothing. It's a known bug, lots of people have filed reports, but no fix as of yet.

smr
Dec 18, 2002

Ahhhhh! They finally fixed the mobile GPU bug and I'm able to play it and holy fuckballs is this game awesome!

I never thought I'd see an honest spiritual successor to Richard Burns Rally (or my old favorite, Michelin Rally... 20 minutes stages and you couldn't save between them goddamned that game was beautifully cruel) but this is scratching all of the right itches. I only had a chance to run the first two Greek rallies in a looser-than-goose-poo poo 60's Mini Cooper but I loved every minute of it.

I'm so happy they decided to reboot as a more focused rally sim instead of the increasing bro-racing tilt of the last two Dirts.

smr
Dec 18, 2002

I've had this game installed since it hit Early Access and am wondering: is it taking up just shy of 40GB on everybody's machine, or did my version cruft up somehow? It's by far the single biggest app I have installed and, given that I'm on a 500GB SSD, if a delete and install fresh can shrink that somehow, I'd do it, but I'd like to know if it's just this big for reals.

smr
Dec 18, 2002

tehsid posted:

I've just reinstalled early this week, and its taking up 32gb.

Thanks everyone. Looks like I could save a few GB, but not sure if it's worth the hassle.

32GB. My Lord, how far we've come.

smr
Dec 18, 2002

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

idk DR was too bare bones for me I guess :shrug:

I prefer the bare-bonesness :) I don't want to run a team or hire engineers or paint liveries... I want to drive rally cars. D4 is fun and I like the handling a bit better, but I went back to DR last night for a minute and instantly lost two hours.

I think I'll keep both installed for now though. They're fun in different ways.

smr
Dec 18, 2002

What's the general consensus on the WRC games, like 5 or 6? Even worth trying or just pale clones at this point?

smr
Dec 18, 2002

With the caveat of "I've never actually driven a rally car in real life", I went back and forth between DR and D4 tonight for a few hours and the feeling D4 is taking it for me. I think I prefer it at this point, but will be keeping both installed for the time being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smr
Dec 18, 2002

AcidRonin posted:

Man some real life or fake but actually CREATED tracks would be awesome. Monte Carlo, Mt. Washington, something.

This is what I'm missing most in this game, and is why I generally play DR instead. I hope there's some DLC coming to address this, but due to the poor sales compared to DR, I think D4 might be dead :S

• Locked thread