Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

Holy poo poo I finally found this thread. I swear I looked though the games threads on several occasions and never saw it. I knew goons had to be playing this. Anyway I picked this up immediately after it came out of nowhere. But I've only really started playing it after I got a G29 for Christmas. I just couldn't play it like I wanted with the DS4. I've been tweaking ffb and setups as I plod through the pro championship with a 95 imprezza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fingat
May 17, 2004

I did see that profile earlier in the thread and played around with it this week. I like it, its similar to the setup I was using before but more streamlined. I switched over to it today and finished out the last 2 rallys to finish 3rd in the pro championship. That got me the 500k I needed for the 01 Subaru and an invite to the elite championship. I was a little extra motivated today after going to a rally yesterday. Now I need to plow through the 1000 pictures i took.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Why couldn't I tweak my setup before the first stage of the goon league? I under-steered off the cliff :killdozer:

Fingat
May 17, 2004

SPACE HOMOS posted:

Anyone with a wheel have tips for hairpin and acute turns? I currently don't have the shifter for the g29, so while turning its hard to keep track of the handbrake button. I either understeer into the corner or lose control on the exit. Its also easy to lose track of the paddle shifters as the is doing full turns.

I had the same problem and bound the handbrake to the clutch.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Finally got to run through all the stages of the goon league. Those were some of the most clean runs I've done on Wales. Although I'm not sure what I might be doing wrong but I didn't get to setup the car before the first stage again.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Game is a deal of the day on amazon on ps4. I'm still debating if I want to play it on the big screen.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

You are a bad influence on my wallet.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

My trepidation was that I have it on pc already.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Sadistic posted:

You could just plug your PC into the TV as well.

I'd be doing that but I wouldn't have anything to connect the wheel to.

Yea but the HDMI cable I would need to reach it would cost more than the ps4 version.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

DIRT Megathread: Goon Park Expose

Looking forward to strapping into career mode this weekend. I fixed my dirt rally stutter last week and have been enjoying it on my new card all cranked up. Does does 4 have the same wheel and ffb settings rally had? I really liked the real rally settings that was up on steam works and want to set it up the same.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Is it unlocked on steam already? Does the GMG version unlock through steam too? Looking at the Steam reviews and seeing lots of graphics complaints, how is it comparing to rally?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fingat
May 17, 2004

They added the hill climb and then the rallycross in patches after the initial early access release. Not really DLC since it was still early access when they added it but sort of I guess.

• Locked thread