Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

bUm posted:

Someday I'll work on trying to transition to manually gearing, but it seems like it'll be a pain trying to juggle for awhile learning whilst maintaining steering/throttle/brake precision on a controller (probably should transition to manual in PCars before this... PCars is much tamer and repetitive, even if the controller control isn't as good).
Try this config. All you need to is tap A+X or A+B to shift with the clutch, and you've got quick access to the handbrake if needed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Just got into the E30. Monte Carlo is a riot to drive now. Are there any good baseline setup changes that can improve the E30 across all the different rally areas?

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

I am posting in this high quality thread.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

I said come in! posted:

Dirt Rally is the Dark Souls of racing sims.
This really needs to go into the next OP.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Welp, there went my league race:

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Got all the way to Monte Carlo, threw car off a cliff. :(

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Qmass posted:

Celebratory scandi-flick

That flick is so GOOD.

*edit*
New page, too late
:widowsnypa:

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/dirt-3-complete-edition-free-game

Dirt 3 Complete Edition is free on Steam for about the next 2 days, if you don't already have it.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Monte Carlo on VR wasn't too bad. Wales made me sick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

I think the big issue for me is getting my viewpoint bounced around, even though I'm sitting still. Might explain why Monte Carlo and other "flat" tarmac stages don't affect me as much.

That said I'll try aspect lock tonight and see how it goes. :D

*edit*
Took some fumbling to find the aspect lock feature, but that looks like it did the trick. Now I just need to remember to shut my eyes if I'm about to wreck.

Bentai fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Jan 4, 2017

• Locked thread