Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Frankston posted:

How do the modern 2010 cars handle? I'm using the Subaru at the moment and I like it a lot. 4WD is awesome.

So grippy you start to take liberties with them, and then immediately fly off the road when you play older cars again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Yes, I've played this for a hundred hours and have yet to touch any of the tuning options.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

shortspecialbus posted:

Jesus Christ I am bad at this game. I swear the car goes flying off into space at the slightest provocation and is allergic to staying on the road. Playing with a g27 and manual clutch + h shifter and you'd swear I've never been in a car in my life based on how bad I am. I simply cannot go more than 10 feet without the car wrapping around itself or launching off of something. What the gently caress am I doing so wrong? I've been playing rally games forever and my wife's first cousin is This Guy so I should get some sort of inhereted skill via marriage, right? Apparently not because while I've always done well in every other rally game ever I can't do gently caress all in this game.

How are your Logitech Profiler and in-game wheel settings? I was going all over the place until I tuned mine (to some I read from Steam forums).

And yeah the car makes a huge difference. Try with the 2010 Fiesta, if you're still flying everywhere your settings are probably borked.

Double Bill fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jul 26, 2015

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Stratos is fine, just imagine you're riding a giant, very pissed off snake.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Here's a real life preview of the track coming up in the next update (within a week?): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2s-WqXcG9A

Should be really fast and awesome.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

My Finland experience: I'm going too fast. Am I going too fast? I should probably brake just in case. Welp, too late.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

I thought the Focus felt a lot faster too, but in the previous league I played (2000s, Finland) the top 5 were all Imprezas, with just a few Focuses fitting in the top 10. I guess not?

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Stratos has absurdly short wheelbase, which makes it handle unlike any other car in the game. It's also by far the fastest of the 70's cars. Just don't touch the handbrake, ever.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

I can only recommend gradually easing yourself to the realism, because holy poo poo this game gets intensive. I started playing this back in May with a 360 pad and 3rd person. Then switched to dash cam. Then disabled the driving assists. The bought a wheel (cheap as dirt DFGT, but it's good enough). Then switched to manual sequential transmission. Now it's just about impossible to get bored of the game, I'm 200 hours in and still playing every day.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

DFGT has been perfectly adequate for me so far, and only paid 50 bucks for it. Though I kinda want one that works on PS4 also, but not enough to pay $400 for it.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

This is every new DR player: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh8pSPmKupc

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Wooper posted:

It's funny how in career mode, apart from starting in a poo poo mini, you have to run the gauntlet of uncontrollable RWD cars while you l2p before you can get into the real deal, 4WD cars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPze5pP8B9c

The gauntlet continues into Group B too, at least if you buy the 205. Despite being 4WD that thing is terrifying with the new physics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

The game excellent apart from the low number of courses. It doesn't take long until you know them all by heart, and rallying from memory instead of notes is kind of against the spirit of the whole thing.

• Locked thread