Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Hadn't played this for a couple of months but wanted to try out all the new content. Loaded up a hillclimb at Pike's Peak....... hahahaha JESUS CHRIST that's tough. I completed it on my third try with a pretty bad time because for the last 2 minutes of the race one of my back wheels had lost it's tyre. This game is really fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Great Joe posted:

When you're finally getting the hang of the 4WD cars, do yourself a favour and get in the Lancia Stratos to ease into RWD. :getin:

Stratos was the first car I bought after the 60s Lancia, needless to say I quickly retreated back to the 60s one and have hardly touched the stratos since. I'm liking the group b 4wd cars too much too.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah I've been playing the poo poo out of dirt rally again ever since getting a vive and wheel set up. Restarted my whole career because I was up to professional in my last career using an xbox controller and it didn't feel right using the same one.

Last time I played the game Finland wasn't even added. Holy poo poo those stages are a hell of a ride even in the 1960s cars. "crest jump crest crest crest jump right 4 crest".

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Roller Coast Guard posted:

Does Dirt3 really offer anything that I don't already have in Dirt Rally?

Gymkhana !!!!! (it's lame)

The rest of Dirt 3 is a very fun arcadey rally racer though.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

MeatloafCat posted:

There's a pretty extensive Q&A on reddit with Paul Coleman. Things are sounding really good so far. https://www.reddit.com/r/dirtgame/comments/5rnuqk/im_paul_coleman_chief_games_designer_for_dirt_4/

Very excited about Dirt 4, it's sounding really sweet.

In other news I went go-karting yesterday and I couldn't help but drift around every corner. Dirt Rally has ruined any hopes of me being a track racer and I don't care, taking corners sideways in real life is so much loving fun.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Norns posted:

I guess if you have infinite funds for tires. Sure.

Eh it was an indoor track which was really smooth and shiny, it was practically impossible not to. Great fun though!

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Really looking forward to smashing out some stages after work today. I've got a logitech driving force GT wheel, do you think I should just keep the logitech software off and use the game's FFB settings then? It sounds promising at least.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Really enjoying Dirt 4 so far but god drat some of the pace note timing is really off. It seems to go all over the place which is a little frustrating.

I do really enjoy managing my team and decorating the cars and getting sponsors though, that's a lot of fun. :3:

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
I really need to look into tuning. My car knowledge is very limited so I feel like I'd just make the car worse than it is by default!

E: Also if someone has a logitech driving force gt steering wheel and have been able to get a good profile for Dirt 4 set up I'd love to see it. I'm not sure if I've got mine dialled in properly and I'm at a loss at what to change.

Aphex- fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Jun 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

a mysterious cloak posted:

What was the mode in Dirt 2 (?) where it was basically a super high-speed run through the desert/canyons and stuff? I miss that. It horrifying and awesome.

Trailblazer, and yeah it was awesome. Definitely my favourite mode in that game. Tricked out rally cars with absolutely huge gently caress-off spoilers.

• Locked thread