Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

I have this Vietnam zippo lighter.

It's from a family member and I've been told it's from an uncle who was in Vietnam (he was).

I don't really know anything about Zippos and just from some googling I can see that fake Vietnam lighters are a huge problem. I found one just like this that sold on eBay (in way worse condition) but I don't know anything else, really.

I'm hoping there's some Zippo expert out there that can tell me if this thing is legitimate and so forth. It's in really loving good condition which for something of this age is always a red flag for me.

Here's the gallery of full-res photos of it - http://imgur.com/a/VFL1U

Any ideas? Any questions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohnonotme
Jul 23, 2007
Yay!
Looks very fake, or was never used. Can you take a pic of the underneath?

Edit - just saw the gallery, it's a fake. The numbers on the base would have told me what year it was - but they are just stamped on pointless "1"s.
Still a nice piece of history though - some fake Zippos are worth nearly as much as real ones, because they are just as old.

Ohnonotme fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jul 4, 2015

mkdnn02
Jan 26, 2004

Ohnonotme posted:

Looks very fake, or was never used. Can you take a pic of the underneath?

Edit - just saw the gallery, it's a fake. The numbers on the base would have told me what year it was - but they are just stamped on pointless "1"s.
Still a nice piece of history though - some fake Zippos are worth nearly as much as real ones, because they are just as old.

Well, I dunno those "pointless 1s" are zippos way of dating early lighters. Only thing I'm seeing is that corresponds to a 1967 lighter, however that's listed as full size not a slim one like that. I'd shoot zippo an email see what they say. http://www.zippo.com/about/article.aspx?id=1582

• Locked thread