Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

ecco ruined thread, voted 1, recommend restarting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

BottleKnight posted:

I have made a new chart for everyone to disagree with.

Emotional does not mean hysterical, and calm does not mean boring. Slytherin does not mean evil, and Hufflepuff does not mean dumb. I did it mostly on feel so I can't really put into words what my thought process was.

I only included people I've interacted with/read enough of so if I missed you maybe I'll update it some day.

I promise I like pretty much all of you so if you don't like your spot don't take it personally!

My calm rating is off the charts

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

vegeta tries to measure the calm rating and his scouter falls asleep

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

merk is mafia's tenkai star

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i regularly sing just a friend by biz markie but i replace the word friend with clam for somed reason. this indicates a very high clam rating

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

instead of chart we should each have tradihng cards with our stats

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i recall someone doing that in the past. diqnol maybe? hes a sports guy

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

what o_o

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

CCKeane posted:

Ravenclaw is pretty much the worst house. All of the other houses praise values and effort, Ravenclaw praises and worships talent.

Anyone can be brave or kind or ambitious. Not everyone can be brilliant and clever and all that jazz. Ravenclaw is filled with people who make their talents a stronger part of their character than their choices.

ravenclaw isnt the house for smart people, despite what stupid hat says. its the house for people who value the pursuit of knowledge above all else. its not like everyone in every other house is stupider than all the ravenclaws.

that said rowling didnt understand her own houses bc hermione isnt in ravenclaw.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

BottleKnight posted:

I don't wanna go into it but Hermione is well-written and does in fact belong in Gryffindor.

she's not well-written, which is exactly why she belongs in gryffindor.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

supposedly values courage over knowledge, spends all of her time studying and learning things instead of doing bmx tricks. yeah ok. loving bullshit. also the stupid hat put me in the evil wizard house

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

her dentist parents instilled the importance of courage in her as they expertly delved into the mouth of many a screaming child

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

who even values bravery over everything else. like wtf. how is there a whole house dedicated to this.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

people write about things they don't understand all the time. i know she doesn't understand several things about her own universe because it contradicts itself all the time.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

the way she says it works in interviews and the way it actually works, as written, are two different things. she doesnt have a clue

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

if she was revising it after the fact she would probably say something along the lines of "it should have actually been like ____" as she did with ron getting married to hermione, the greatest of sins

specifically she talks about slytherin house a certain way, all the time, that is contradictory to how it is presented in books 1-7 and movies 1-60

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Amoeba102 posted:

Read the first 3 ASoIaF books. Then read Pratchett.

Does it really matter? It's all fantasy.

oh can we only talk about things that matter??? is that it??? is that how this is gonna go?? FINE

im going to go watch "ZOMBEAVERS" tomorrow

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Amoeba102 posted:

In your own head, it can be whatever you want it to be. Same goes for Authors when they put it on the page.

its fine if its different in her head, but there is really only one interpretation of a childrens book, when its on paper. its not some deep thing with multiple meanings, just one meaning that wasnt what she apparently intended.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

which indicates to me that she is in fact a stupid idiot, and not as good a writer as whoever made zombeavers.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

well what she wrote then doesn't really make sense, unless everyone in the universe has brain damage from magic whiplash, which is possible.

i know i am calm because i took the calm drugs

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i just tried to watch five youtube videos at once to save time and it didn't work

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

do you think greedo shot first amoeba

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

in my world view there is a zero percent chance that greedo ever shot first and anyone who thinks that he did is a piece of %$@Y&#@

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

emperor palpatine would destroy voldemort

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

flatluigi posted:

"god why can't i just be a massive raging transphobe in peace" - that dude

thats how you might read it, if you were genetically engineered ot be a failure coward

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Hitler

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

its impossible to save the mafia thread jakep

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

-_-

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

:gas:

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

:solid:

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

"trapping himself"

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

tell it to the judge

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Tremendous Taste posted:

Alex is very handsome

I'm HIm

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

100YrsofAttitude posted:

When does a mosquito bite get itchy? I just watched one hover around my arm, land, wander around for a few seconds before I guess biting me? I don't know if it did, I killed it as soon as it stopped moving. But anyway does it itch because of the fact that it sticks its mouth in you or is it only after it's sucked blood, or even later once it removes it's mouth?

some ppl actually have anti-mosquitobite itch genes.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

JakeP posted:

Can we add this to the OP

also this http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Giant_Fish

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

super metroid does not have music..!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMmwIk9L7I0

"aa.....aaa..........aaa....aa..."

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

to any1 reading this thread who's feeling down...i just want you to watch this video because u ARE good enough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5p6qpG3bLA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Look Under The Rock posted:

Mafia thread, today I have deep cleaned my whole apartment, reorganized my closet, cut up some old ratty concert t shirts into tank tops, started study guides for midterms, and now I am eating homemade turkey stew and thinking about getting my :sun: on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5p6qpG3bLA