Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Opopanax posted:

I just looked back at the first game I ran and only 2 players are still active.

Also Ecco is catching up to me in legitimate games run, this will not stand

But who is winning the race for illegitimate games run?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
One of my friends is allergic to chocolate and berries. Like, what even is the point of living under those circumstances?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

BottleKnight posted:

I have only recently tried hummus and it is very good. I am going to have to try more things with it.

Hummus is amazing.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

JakeP posted:

I feel that 95% of people with "gluten allergies" are full of poo poo. Also people with all kinds of allergies shouldn't reproduce.

Allergies are not genetic, fyi

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

busb posted:

The only thing I'm allergic to is antibiotics. Lucky I never need them.

When antibiotics stop working you will become a god amongst men, as mere mortals succumb to the shortcomings of their immune system.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

ljtrigirl posted:

A friend from my game group recommended it.

Welcome!

The ladies who play mafia are universally awesome. The guys on the other hand, well.....

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Does anyone talk to Rarity? I miss her.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Amoeba102 posted:

She's playing pbp LOTR LCG.

FRIENDSHIP OVER.

(I dont even know what that is)

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Amoeba102 posted:

Lumpen is fine, if not stubborn in his methods.

FV, come to Sydney and we'll play in person. Rathar than play by post, which is much slower. Lord of the Rings LCG is probably the best co-op card game around.

I'll be there in October for work.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

ljtrigirl posted:

Eh. It's not Mafia if you're not pissing someone off.

Wow, you're a natural.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

busb posted:

I do lie about my allergies irl though, and say I'm allergic to seafood. It's the only way to avoid the death stares about why I hate the taste of seaspew.

You are dead to me now.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

busb posted:

Seriosuly we have discussed this already even in thread with you!

Bowmore you me f_v are going to grab a drink in October. Place tba. I thought bowmore was in Sydney. I will see if any auspol mafias want to join, but id rather drink some beer/scotch than play some card game or Mafia tbh

Unfortunately because of why I'm down for work, the place will have to be at Sydney Olympic Park. There are technically a couple of nights where I can leave the venue, but I'm usually way too tired to do so due to working 15 hours a day for 8 days straight.

fiery_valkyrie fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Aug 13, 2015

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I have no idea. There is a thai place (good) and a Ribs & Rumps (bad) at Olympic park.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Also, I can get all the free soft serve icecream I want.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

imgay posted:

same, but i get it from the golden corral allyou can eat

Well I dont feel special anymore.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm down for a conference Monday-Monday. The evenings on Monday to Thursday are all taken up with work events. I do have Fri/Sat/Sun evening off, although Sunday I usually end up working late and the rugby final is on so Olympic park is a nightmare of people/closed roads.

I'm ok with going somewhere easy to get to via train, since the train station is right outside my hotel, but it absolutely has to involve sitting down since I spend the whole week walking around, and dont be surprised when I'm ready to go to bed at 9pm, since I start every morning at about 7am (and obviously have to get ready earlier than that).

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

busb posted:

Fv works some sort of nerd cosplay conference over the weekend iirc. They dress up as their favourite seafood animes

Dude, I told you that in secret.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Samfucius posted:

So, what game should I join?

This one

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3734881

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Amoeba102 posted:

And you can't get down a couple days early or leave a couple days later? It's a shame you can't do some touristing down here.

I'd rather not be away from home any longer. No offence, but I've been to Sydney a million times.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

bowmore posted:

worse, an EB games convention

Guess you dont want those free tickets then?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

Hello mafia thread. I hear you've been asking about me :smug:

I was. I had noticed a distinct lack of nefariousness in the games I've been playing recently.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I just opened the lid on my pool filter so I could clean it out and there was a cane toad living in there.

Lizards I can handle.

Snakes I can put up with.

Cane toads are the most loving disgusting revolting creatures ever to set foot on the earth.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

bowmore posted:

freeze it, then shatter it with a sledgehammer

It's in the freezer already

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Magnus Gallant posted:

Cane toads are an invasive species. They should be killed.

Frozen and smashed with a hammer is probably not the most humane way to kill an animal.

Actually freezing them until they are dead is exactly the most humane way to do it.

Magnus Gallant posted:

Basically only people who have a specific chemical made to kill cane toads should be killing them. Either that or people who are trained professionals should be disposing of cane toads.

Please come and live in QLD and then give people a lecture about cane toads.

They are non-native, invasive and deadly to pets.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Magnus Gallant posted:

If you read the link that tmm posted earlier then you'd see that freezing cane toads is did not make the top 3 humane recommendations to kill and dispose of a cane toad as per the RSPCA.

I don't have access to that chemical, I'm not touching the drat thing, let alone decapitating it and I wouldn't have a clue how to go about gassing it. Freezing it is.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Amoeba102 posted:

I want to run an Australian Fauna mafia now.

Would the scum be animals that can't kill you?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

uranus posted:

i havent had it but im not opposed to it in principle

It is extremist opinions like this that are going to lead to the downfall of society.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm watching Vikings on Netflix. It is very good.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm sick and feeling very sorry for myself. Stupid cold.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Magnus Gallant posted:

I found an apartment on Craigslist that is super cheap and awesome. How likely is it that I am being scammed? Like 95%?

97.345812%

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

QuoProQuid posted:

Is someone already living there?

Are there rats in the walls?

Is there a serial killer in the walls?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

This thread right now is making me miss the days when Ecco yelled at us for talking about anything other than mafia.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

That would be awesome. Can you tell him for me?

Also, every time I sneeze it feels like someone is slicing my throat with razor blades.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Asiina posted:

Please keep the discussion mafia related.

Sorry thread mum.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I don't care about the off topic, I just don't like the arguing.

Let's never fight again!

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

bowmore posted:

also when was the last time there was a decent game of mafia?

Coins of Kerm was good.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

I "got mad at you" for casing me so you'd stop casing me (which you did). Very few players thought I was actually scum by the end of the game, and we'd have won easily but for an unfortunate cop investigation (made by a player who thought I was town).

I didn't blame my scumbuddy, I said they made some tactical errors but that ultimately it was the clutch cop investigation that shot us down. The scumbuddy then got mad at me.

s h r u g

Are you still not over this?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

Am I not allowed to provide my side of the story to someone who brought it up apropos of nothing?

You lost a game. Get over it and move on.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Live blogging my cold: I am now at the point where I have a cough that makes me sound like a 2 pack a day smoker for the last 50 years.

Being sick sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

BottleKnight posted:

I have a friend who refuses to play the new Borderlands with me because she hates the Australian accents in it so much. Even if you accept the absurdity that accents could make you hate a game, how could you hate the Australian accent? It's a pretty entertaining one to listen to, even if the vernacular is ridiculous.

Is the problem that it's not really an Australian accent? That its just some American doing a poor imitation of an Australian accent? Cause I hate those too.

I mean honestly, there are Australians everywhere. There is not a single country that you can go to that doesn't have Australians in it, so just hire a drat Australian to do the job.

This is actually a pet peeve of mine.