Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Rolling staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Games are fart

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
The debate of whether something is or is not art is simply answered with a more important question: Who cares?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Somberbrero posted:

Why not just use jinteki.net though? The lag issue has been fixed and I bellieve almost everything has been implemented.

Is this free?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Someone made a new graph and people argued about where they should be placed in the last thread. It was something awful.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I made it to Master Guardian I in Counter-Strike, friends!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Chicago is better than New York.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

JakeP posted:

What percentage of games do you think get added to the mafia wiki?

Our system for adding games to the wiki is really bad and it cannot be considered reliable for anything.

For example, I have played in or modded 8 games since coming back, and only 1 has been added to the wiki.

Perhaps give more people editting rights or something, otherwise lets not pretend its an accurate representation of the games played

If only we had a queue to add completed games to the wiki.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CapitalistPig posted:

I often miss the ones in the thread

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

EccoRaven posted:

unsurprisingly you are not the first person to think this and unsurprisingly the answer is "it's actually way complicated."

Additionally it's worth reminding that it doesn't actually post anything to the wiki, what you see is just the result of elaborate (and very temporary) scripting.

It would be incredibly easy if votefinder kept the master record of completed games instead of the wiki. You could populate the start of the list with a modified version of the current wiki entry.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

EccoRaven posted:

Technically it already does, but it doesn't actually sort properly for some reason. It also obviously lacks the game's result (or whether the game actually happened at all for the occasional dud that never gets off the ground).

These are easily fixable issues I'd think.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

BottleKnight posted:

I have made a new chart for everyone to disagree with.

Emotional does not mean hysterical, and calm does not mean boring. Slytherin does not mean evil, and Hufflepuff does not mean dumb. I did it mostly on feel so I can't really put into words what my thought process was.

I only included people I've interacted with/read enough of so if I missed you maybe I'll update it some day.

I promise I like pretty much all of you so if you don't like your spot don't take it personally!

Gulag being barely visible on the map in the calm/serious bucket is a beautiful troll.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Kumbamontu posted:

I was just about to post this. :golfclap:

COME BACK TO CS: GO

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

EccoRaven posted:

Quote this post and tell me the last song you listened to with a brief description of how you feel about it, and I will tell you what your Victorian household servant position would have been.

Tal Bachman - She's So High. Some guy was singing it at trivia last night but couldn't place the name. I regretfully knew the singer and name.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

QuoProQuid posted:

Donald Trump - Self-Aligned Jester Bomb - self-destructed N1

Donald Trump - Jeb Bush-Aligned Patsy - has achieved his win condition by ensuring a Jeb Bush nomination!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
* [http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3727286 WIFOA: A Political Mess] - Scum (MMT, yuming, Hal) and Survivor (Grandicap) victory. Hosted by merk.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Kumbamontu posted:

I'm feeling creative and I need a flavor to work with. Not necessarily planning on running anything right now if there's an influx but I want to write something

CS: GO Mafia - The Story of "Where Did Kumba Go?"

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

JakeP posted:

if they are alive they open up as they are dying from being cooked, if they are already dead they do not

Sounds like your dota game

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
American Psycho is my favorite book.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

JakeP posted:

i liked the movie should I read this

Yes

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Poorly worded win conditions are the worst :(

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

uranus posted:

10 quick tricks to tell if your significant other is a drug lord billionaire who has recently escaped from prison

Is he really a billionaire? Where does he keep his money?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Magnus Gallant posted:

So what you're saying is you're a hardcore badass

I saw a guy checking his fantasy football team while sitting second chair in court one time.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I'm having a mafia problem. It seems like I'm doing an ok job picking out the scum, but I get shut out when making cases on them.

Look at the casework that you found compelling in previous games and try to determine why you found them compelling. The best cases, to me, convey the strongest reason for why someone is scum in a very succinct manner. The long, flowery cases get overlooked because people are lazy. You need to capture and persuade your reader in 1-3 short sentences/points.

I also like to use pointed questions at people to try to get them to either review or comment on my case. This will also help you determine the alignment of the players that you prod. It's a give and take though; you can't be the guy who only asks questions of others without putting out his own responses to their questions.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CapitalistPig posted:

yeah this, get a laptop and get a free upgrade, why wait?

Why do I want Windows 10? What is great about it?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

JakeP posted:

Also the more obviously town you are the more likely that town will take your thoughts into consideration, don't be a scummy player and then come out of nowhere with a case and expect people to be swawyed

This is one of the biggest problems with our town players. You have to be able to separate your belief about an unflipped player's alignment from the cases that person makes. You also have to separate your belief of an unflipped player's alignment from every other belief you have about an unflipped player's alignment.

You can definitely say things like:
"I think merk is scum, but his case on JakeP is great. ##vote JakeP."
"I think merk is scum. I think JakeP is scum, but probably not scum with merk. ##vote JakeP."

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Goons. If you are ever feeling down or need someone to talk to, please do not hesitate to reach out to mafia goons. We have a great community here with people who want you to succeed in whatever you choose to do. We will be your sound board, your motivation, or your crutch. Please look us up for a PM, Skype, or in-person chat.

No one here should ever feel alone or up against the world by themselves.

I don't know very many of you, and many of you probably dislike my in-game persona. However, I value being a part of this Internet community over any other Internet community. I will go out of my way to help a goon in need.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I watched John Wick two nights ago. It is incredible.

Quote this post and I'll ignore you quoted it.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I wonder what I will eat for lunch today.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
At least Taste has de-evolved back to trolling Taste. We've come full circle.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Can I join this movie thing? This is interesting.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
The Merkplex 31 wants to open.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

EccoRaven posted:

The Pearl of Port Lourde will open sometime this week.

It is about poor fisherman who find a giant pearl and are driven by greed and desire to destroy each other over it.

This is a wholly unique idea that has never been seen before by anyone ever.

I will play.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
My original playlist is best playlist.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Please delete page 109.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Magnus Gallant posted:

I agree no one should have guns.

If you want to hunt use a bow and arrow or a crossbow or a sword or a bow that shoots swords.

Most guns used for hunting aren't bad; people are bad. Some of my best memories involve sitting up in a deer stand. Outside of those trips, the shotguns were locked away in a safe.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I am sick, goons. What should I do today on my sick day?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

EccoRaven posted:

or accept that we live in a politically diverse society and someone can believe silly or even dangerous things and still be an otherwise pleasant person and good friend.

I wish everyone could follow this line of thinking.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

You know what you call a fat professional athlete? So drat good at his or her job that they don't have to ascribe to your ideas on beauty.

Pablo Sandoval is the best 'fat' major league baseball player. The guy moves quicker than almost everyone else on the field both on offense and defense, but he still gets slammed in the media and by fans for his weight. He's my second favorite MLB player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqFsEyw8Mcg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kLz8QD-wNI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

Incorrect, Prince Fielder exists.

Prince Fielder is back to amazing form this year, but he's not as athletic as Sandoval. He's great at the plate and that's about as far as his talents go - the rest of the time he's stuck at first base.

JakeP posted:

Miguel Cabrera would like a word with you.

I think kind of the same thing about Miguel Cabrera, although he did do well outside of being chained to first base.