Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I have considered a mafia game where everyone can only post once but they can edit their single post freely. It seems like an interesting idea for a one-off gimmick game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Tom Tucker posted:

Sup everyone! Just spent a little time re-reading some old Mafia games, good stuff!

Hope everyone is doing well :)

we were just talking about your win in the witch france game this morning in discord. How's the family?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

merk posted:

Now that you mention it, I think it was Ecco that ran this game? I was definitely a player in the game though.

The Battle of Bonampak.

It was more an art piece than a mafia game.

===

Asiina posted:

There was an eccogame where merk was a pro-town cult leader who had to be killed before any of the cult recruiters could be killed, but obviously his identity was a secret.

I was scum in that game and for whatever reason every town just believed without question that the cult that said they were pro-town were actually pro-town, so scum didn't have a chance.

Yes, I'm still salty about that one.

The Misery of Madriu.

It was wild to me, too.

===

merk posted:

edit: My favorite Ecco thing was the setup where he had two seemingly independent games going at once. At some point, a great flood occurs where the two games merged together.
Samurai Assassins / Ronin of Rakuen. The merging is here.

The flood game was A Eulogy in Euskara.

quote:

:s: Namacuix, Itzala Laxalt, Revolucionario (scum-aligned goon), has died in the flood. :s:
:s: Scientastic, Handia Oreja, Entzulea (town-aligned watcher), has died in the flood. :s:
:s: walrusonthehill, Ligako Patino, Azti (town-aligned faith healer), has died in the flood. :s:
:s: Fat Turkey, Olaya Razo, Vagabundo Vagante (town-aligned vigilante), has died in the flood. :s:
:s: The Ninth Layer, Jimeno Corrales, Campesino (town-aligned vanilla), has died in the flood. :s:
:s: Senior Spangiel, Agustina Maite, Campesino (town-aligned vanilla), has died in the flood. :s:

===

Retro Futurist posted:

My favourite thing was still the jaguar game ecco did, where Melvin breadcrumbed SCUMHUNTER as VT, and me and I think Fitz and someone else were a 3 person scum team trying to find a 4th, who wound up being dbd who was a suicide bomb and almost immediately killed me and Fitz, taking out 3/4 scum d1
Settlers of Yucatan. Fits hammered himself, ending the game on day 1 with no town deaths.

===

Jump King posted:

Remember Eccos all sk game to decide who makes the new mafia op? I believe the result was the shank 2 thread

Modmageddon.

===
This is one of the most important games I ever ran.

===

Jonathan Fisk posted:

in the spirit of all this ecco appreciation you should all join her game

this one

Yes.

===

Thank you all for the kind words, I appreciate it.

Amnistar made my favorite post ever made in a mafia game:

kaschei posted:

For you to know that a mislynch is worse than prayer, after accepting that it is better than a nolynch, means you must have some definite, sure idea of the minimum power of prayer that tells you that nolynch+pray effect is better than mislynch.

You don't have any definite, sure ideas of the power of prayer at all.

Amnistar posted:

Nope, I have faith.

Happy moon landing. I last posted at the founding of Baltimore. I will not post again.