Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I must have played this game about 20 times and i'm still enjoying this lp immensely. :allears:

The dialogue is so great, i never really paid too much attention to it before but reading it here makes me appreciate it all the more. Also gifs are fantastic for this game because it has so much animation going on in the background during cutscenes. I'm glad to see that you haven't missed any of my favourite giffable moments yet.

I'm at work while reading this so i cant open any tindeck links but i still hear the music in my head. One thing I feel I should point out which I love is that in that last fmv, it plays a different more up-tempo version of the forest-escape theme from before. Any other game would probably have just pasted the other version over the movie and called it a day. Such a small touch but I loved it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

NOT IMPRESSED

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Krumbsthumbs posted:

One of my buddies tried to do the "Dagger Do" in high school with a very real and somewhat sharp knife. Unlike Zidane's knife, his was double bladed, so it was quite a surprise when he left a nice gash on the back of his neck when he didn't cut through his hair in one swipe like Garnet did.

What followed was a memorial trip to the ER with his bemused parents and several friends trying (and failing) to hold in their laughter, and then a trip to the Barber because boy howdy did he mess up his hair.

Don't try to cut your hair like a Final Fantasy Princess folks, it does not end well.

I cannot believe stuff like this actually happened. Kinda makes me like this scene even more now.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Hedgehog Pies are only found really early in the game, I think.

You can run into them on Disc 1 just after leaving Lindblum through the basement. They show up near the Qu's Marsh and Chocobo Forest iirc.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

mateo360 posted:

I have not seen what ever this walking glitch is people are talking about.

I just recently started playing the steam version with controller and there is definitely something wrong with walking/running in general. It feels off. I may play on keyboard instead.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Infinite Undiscovery was a huge stinking pile of poo poo, but it had one moment that always stood out to me. Normally you roll around with a party of 4 but in one desert area halfway through the game, your party splits up into multiple groups and they all set off into the desert at the same time. You're only controlling your characters but whenever monsters showed up, everyone would start launching into their attacks and it was seriously really awesome to behold. It's kind of bizarre that it's the only time the game pulled it off since it looked really cool and would have made for some interesting boss battles. Aside from that though, everything else about that game stunk to high heaven.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Mega64 posted:

I don't think it's really explicitly stated in-game, but Terra actually exists within Gaia due to the failed attempt at merging the two planets alluded to in Oeilvert. The red moon we've seen is the former moon of Terra (with the blue moon being Gaia's).

Huh. This never occurred to me in all my playthroughs. I always assumed the Terra we see here was a different planet but the failed merging attempt makes a lot more sense now. I guess my confusion comes from some of the events we'll be seeing next.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Shinjobi posted:

*looks at one folder*

:raise:

*loooks at another*

Hmmmmm, I'm just not seeing it.

Zidane just needs to hold Kuja still so Amarant can kill them both with his No Mercy cannon.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Mega64 posted:

Movement of time...? If it's talking about a clock, forward is clockwise, and backward is counterclockwise.

Forward and back
And then forward and back...

I never knew Eiko could also do the jump rope minigame. This lp continues to amaze me.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

ApplesandOranges posted:

As a minor note, if you have Steiner use Doomsday Sword (remember Sword Magic?), it hits all opponents, but not your own party. Incidentally, it's also the only Sword Magic to hit more than one target.

Doomsday Sword owns. It sucks that you get it so late in the game. I used the poo poo out of it as soon as I got that rod.

What was everyones final party? For me, I went with the true final four: Zidane, Vivi, Steiner and Garnet. Only recently during a new game did I focus on using different members, I think I ended up using Freya, Amarant and Eiko for that run and enjoyed it a lot.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Thank you Mega! Excellent LP. (You too, OFS!)

I feel really bad because that last gif didn't load for me. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Grats on finishing the level one run OFS, was looking forward to the conclusion.

Also cross-posting this from the FF14 thread:

:eyepop:

• Locked thread