Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Are you going to redo every terrible LP of a great Jrpg on the archive?

I'm ok with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Mega64 posted:

Flee-Gil, which nets you 10% of the gil you would've run from an encounter if you run away normally

In other news, I commend your decision to stick with the original names. (Much as I was looking forward to "no no no, where I come from 'Kike' is a perfectly innocent word")

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Mega64 posted:

There's a new enemy here, the Carve Spider. No big deal.
My first association was "what if Harvey had a Spider persona. Like... jazz-y sax-playing Spider". I dunno, I need to sleep instead of reading LPs.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

This was an exceptionally adorable update.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

VagueRant posted:

I wish there was a new Shadow Hearts. :smith:
I wish there was an LP for the third Shadow Hearts game.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

You're probably looking into Alexandria's succession politics infinitely more than the developers did.

The father was the king. His wife, the Queen, took over after his death. Garnet will succeed Brahne.
Why would you think that? Is the game poorly researched when it comes to (for instance) its theatrical influence?

Sum Mors posted:

I think it came about because very few monarchies in general were "typical". The deal of succession is different in every monarchy and the rules changed with every succession because of political intrigue and murder and plot and all that. It's never been cut and dry and anyone with the will to kill could usurp and make up new rules as to why they were legitimate.
No. Most examples of anything are "typical", because that's what the word means, monarchies included. If we were to talk about salic law (simplified - only males get to inherit) you could go on about how it's not necessarily the common standard. But the order of inheritance going from parent to child is pretty much the rule.

I realize few of us know or care much about the rules and customs of monarchies (despite the sad fact that we still have quite a few monarchies around) - which is absolutely fine. Just... don't start explaining things you don't know or care about?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Schwartzcough posted:

I'm sad you're retiring from LPing, but I'm glad it's because you're too busy doing better stuff. Thanks for everything!

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Hooray. I thought I'd have to buy this come the steam summer sale (but seriously, I probably will regardless)

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuckdamnit. I've spent to long recommending people use tindeck rather than youtube, thinking specifically of the archives.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Mega64 posted:

Attack its core while it's up however causes a counter attack.
Don't you mean "Attack while its core is up!

It's gonna counter attack!"

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Endorph posted:

every comic has beatrix crying
It's a powerful symbol. Don't want to overuse it.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Someone mentioned Lani will actually change her tactics based on Scan results?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fenrir posted:

How far have you read through the LP?
He's talking about the guys who aren't Blanc and Marcus.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

SorataYuy posted:

Looks like Lani's lumbered in for a light-fingered liason with the local's loved items?

Mega64 posted:

As some posters have said, it'll probably also result in any airships aloft at the time to come crashing down and likely killing the crew and passangers, plus crippling trade for the continent.

Mega64 posted:

Ipsen? Who's that?
Ipsen is a character from a play, but he's a real-life adventurer. I think the play is based on his adventures.

Is that the music that's supposed to play at that point? Weird if so.

Also, I still have no idea what's the song Dagger is singing you keep going about but don't link.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

It helps that the lead isn't Terra, Cloud, or Squall
Great LP or no, people will forever think of Cloud as his Vincent/Squall hybrid AU version. :/

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Mega64 posted:

This is simultaneously Shakespeare and anime as gently caress.

New thread title this should have been the thread title all along.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Mega64 posted:

Long Reach lets characters attack for full damage from the front row,
Back row, presumably?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Mega64 posted:

Some parts of the story may be hard to believe, but please here me out.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

C) Who was the hedgehog pie in the Desert Palace? :stare:
Devon Aidendale!

Dammit, wrong series again.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

OH! Oh that's what is says. Well, that... that makes a lot more sense, actually.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

My avatar of choice would obviously be

You know, the first thing I've ever seen in any way related to FF9 was this. Can't say the actual game measures up to what my imagination had drawn based on those FMV fragments.

Still, this was a solid LP. Thanks for completing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Mega64 posted:

Final Total of 48 avatars! Now I'm done.
Oh hey, thanks.

• Locked thread