Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
So this LP got cooking while I was in the middle of moving, and since my free time after that was mostly FJF, I've only just now caught up with the LP. I loved TWD's LP of it in the Archive and this one is just as good. Thanks, Mega!

I really love this game. It's a shame their next love letter to the series had to be an MMO that I have no time for. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bregor
May 31, 2013

David Corbett posted:

A bell in the bell? "Yo dawg..."

Bellception

Bregor
May 31, 2013

So I'm debating getting this for my Vita. It's such a charming game and easy to play, so I think it would do well in small doses. My only concern is the graphics, can anyone else recommend it on the small screen?

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Kemix posted:

The Zodiac Spear was just bullshit on how you had to obtain it. Granted, you -could- go and grab it at the earliest possible moment when you hit a certain area, but the monsters there would just bend your party over and turn them into hand puppets if you're not grossly overpowered at that point.

Kyrosiris posted:

Or get it from the Henne Mines chest (yes, it's an outside chance of getting it, but it's non-zero). Or just use the numerous other (and arguably better) weapons of that caliber (Tournesol, Masamune, etc).

That's why I don't get it; it's as superfluous as the Excal 2.

It's quite powerful for when it's first available, and fleeing through the area isn't so bad with a little planning. I remember Zodiac Spear making most of the mid-game a joke.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Mega64 posted:

The conductor said we'll be arriving at the Summiy Station soon.

Minor typo for Summit Station

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Mega64 posted:

I've never actually played Kingdom Hearts besides a tiny bit of the GBA one.

Think I'll keep it that way too.

:hfive:

I saw Donald and Goofy and took a pass, never been compelled to go back and try it

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Schwartzcough posted:

I'm sad you're retiring from LPing, but I'm glad it's because you're too busy doing better stuff. Thanks for everything!

Ditto. Your Mother 3 and FFVI:BNW threads were amazing for various reasons, and I've browsed your other LPs in the archive too.

Between this and Blind Sally's Chrono Trigger LP going into the archive, it's been a very :unsmith: day.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I did it! My incessant, constant nagging for seven months did it!

:patriot:

Welcome back, old friend.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

morallyobjected posted:

I like Dagger more as a character, so that's who I use

This is the correct answer. Final Fantasy games are pretty easy so just use who you want. I used Cyan in FFVI because gently caress Ultima spam.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Love the icon too. I really enjoyed Steiner's spin-off with Zelda and Link, it was pretty weird seeing him with yellow eyes though.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Hell parts of the story of ff12 are narrated by Marquis Ondore acting as a historian.

It's almost as if we're not supposed to believe his lies.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

DeafNote posted:

cant go wrong with a guy who has an organ following him everywhere

There are a lot of aspects about Garland that remind me of Golbez. The organ theme music is the most obvious, but his black armor, the fact that he rides a boss airship, he uses a pawn to achieve his goals, makes references to other celestial bodies, and some other stuff we'll get to really drive it home.

I always loved Golbez as a villain and Garland is just as :krad:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Vivi was on item duty the whole time.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Squarely Circle posted:

Mog's ribbon slowly floating down to Eiko is one of the :smith:-est things.

Someone sacrificing themselves to save a party member is pretty prevalent in FF, so this is a callback as well. Galuf's bangle dropping to Krile in FFV comes to mind, as well as Rachel and the Phoenix magicite in FFVI. FFII had a bunch of people die but the party only got a lovely spell once IIRC.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

C) Who was the hedgehog pie in the Desert Palace? :stare:

The evil wizard, Manannan! :science:

Oh wait, wrong series.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

NikkolasKing posted:

RIP Long-Haired Garnet, I liked your design better.

I remain confused about why haircuts are so important in some things.

This game was released in 2000, she's just trying to give herself the Rachel.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Mega64 posted:

That is why I wrapped up the light in the Iifa Tree, to prevent the cycle of the judgment of souls on Gaia from inside the planet. Such is the Iifa Tree's true purpose, its true form. All you saw was its material form. The flow of Gaia's souls cannot be changed simply by stopping the disposal of Mist.

I don't think it's really explicitly stated in-game, but Terra actually exists within Gaia due to the failed attempt at merging the two planets alluded to in Oeilvert. The red moon we've seen is the former moon of Terra (with the blue moon being Gaia's).

I played this game a bunch of times in my youth and never fully understood this point. Makes it all the more interesting.

The game (and this LP) are really something special and it makes me want to play it again even though I have no free time.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Zeikier posted:

They need to get back to boss rushes in the final dungeons again.

That's why FFV is still the best. :colbert:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

That's it, this LP has been so amazing that I'm replaying this game. I have a Vita I play occasionally, and an unopened PS4 that's been in my closet for five months (having two kids is really killing my gaming time). My PC is on its last legs so I'd rather not go Steam. What's the best way to play FFIX? I'm guessing PSN on my PS4?

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Vivi :smith:

Also would have liked to see the Black Mage Village populated with little Vivi kids. :unsmith:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Marcus donkey punch is amazing.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

quote:

...but I'd like to keep my Eidolons un-flagged.

Haha holy poo poo :spergin:

quote:

Obviously, you'll want 9,999 wins, 0 draws, and 0 losses.

Obviously.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

TOTAL: 71 confirmed resets.
TOP THREE: Ozma (7) Desert Palace (7) Stroper (5)

You know, now that my daughter has taken a liking to Dora the Explorer, all I can think whenever Swiper comes on is, "STROPER NO STROPING!" And then a stroper snapping his tentacle and saying, "Aw man!" Gives me a chuckle every time. If I had any artistic talent whatsoever I'd draw it but I still wanted to share.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bregor
May 31, 2013

bluerocker posted:

Have a quick doodle

Sorry if the image quality is a bit crap. I drew it in the sketchbook too big for my scanner, and I had to take a photo with my phone.

Awesome! Thanks!

• Locked thread