Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Tyrant's Throes does look wonderfully oppressive, I remember how miserable anti-summoning floodgates can be. Is Rescue Rabbit->those rank 4 dinosaurs still a good enough thing to be doing? They seem good if the gameplan is to try and lock the opponent out. Also is Heart of the Underdog actually fast enough to work in the current game?

Dino Rabbit is pretty much dead. While still playable if you don't see laggia turn 1 you're probably going to either hide behind backrow or pray you draw into rabbit/gold sarcophagus. Rabbit got limited which kinda hurt real bad.

A friend of mine tries to make dino rabbit work in today's banlist era but when he plays against me I just kinda run him over with Infernoids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

Lisandra_brave posted:

He's playing normal pendulums. He can poo poo two dinos onto the field easy with the power of pendulums.

Oh neato. I wasn't sure if this was actually a thing but I guess it is

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
Turbo towers is going to be a thing for qli players and will top that list non-stop. Tellarknights are hardly the problem.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

Beef Chief posted:

I swear to god if the next banlist happens and Dante and Cir are not unlimited, I am going to loving kill someone.

You're going to jail

(both of those are likely, plus dante to 2 :ssh:)

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Oh. A monarch with actual reason to stay on the field than being a beatstick after popping its effect.
Awesome.

Though arent Mega-Mons quite slow?

mega mobius and mega caius are really good

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

Cabinet posted:

I say all this without playing since March. I really want to get back into it but I have no irl friends to play with :(

I have irl friends and tournaments that are local. :getin:

...I haven't won in a while though. Locals are crowded with Nekroz :smith:

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

BurritoJustice posted:

Is there a reason that nobody seems to use Nephe Shaddoll Fusion? It is more niche than the other two fusions, but being able to pick any of the fusions as long as you have at least one shaddoll on the field and one in your hand (which you basically always have), seems pretty useful. A more consistent way of summoning El Shaddoll Anoyatyllis for sure.

Also what does everyone think about the two rarely used Shaddolls, Grysta and Wendigo? Grysta seems like a weaker Anoyatyllis (except for being able to block synchro summons), but Wendigo seems like a useful defensive card and an easy access to level 8 synchros.

What staples does everyone recommend to add onto the Shaddoll stuff I posted above? No idea what to side either.

Thanks everyone for helping me get back into this batshit game.

E: WOOP BEATEN

Double Edit: Grysta also wrecks Ritual Beast (inherent contact-fusing) which is super frustrating to play against

Koguma fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Aug 12, 2015

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

Lisandra_brave posted:

Rank 4 is cancer.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
that harpie player losing to qliphort at worlds is heart-breaking. :doh:

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
You don't play the BA fusion, it's just 3 dante and 1 virgil (maybe two). rubic's the other (kinda) money card.

rest of the extra is just rank 3s and downerd unless you're playing rank up stuff.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
You have way too many traps for a shaddoll deck. Consider running 2 denko and getting rid of compulse, for one. I'd also run one core, since you're not running the fire fusion. You only have one real target for core (unless you're synchroing for star eater), and despite grysta being pretty good, nobody really plays him. you also have a good amount of targets for shek (you could also put in maxx "c" for her)

also I'd recommend armades over samsara.

goyo is really up to you, I prefer HTS psyhemuth or nothung the starlight. but 2800 level 6 is still really good.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

BurritoJustice posted:

I run two cores both because of the two card synchro for star eater and the graveyard effect. Fusing a core and another shaddoll and then getting your fusion card back is really useful, so is sending core with squamata if you need a fusion card in a pinch. I do have a grysta that I'm seriously considering running, it was crazy effective against my mates pendulum deck when I played him on devpro. I'd probably drop either samsara or a shek for Grysta. I'm seriously considering maxx "C", though I feel I'd clog a lot with earth fusion targets though unless I drop a math. Fair call on the traps though, I have compulse/bottomless/torrential etc just because ~staples~. I should probably drop some of the traps for more dolls cards but I don't really know what would be best there. I'd go two denkos but I don't really want to drop another $20 on one, so I am considering a thunder king rai oh.

I might be wrong but Goyo seems pretty bloody amazing to me. 2800 beater and you can steal your opponent's monsters for fusions and synchros.

Rai-oh is great, yeah, can't go wrong there. Denko is getting a reprint soon in the tins so you might as well wait, I suppose.

edit: you can drop the bottomless, compulse and ring (I haven't liked ring since its errata) for a third mistake, another beast (great in the mirror for when you have a fusion out, you can just tribute set beast so you don't leave a face-up extra deck card out), and allure of darkness (unless you really don't like banishing dolls)

or just 3 upstart goblins! consistency's never a bad thing.

Koguma fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Aug 29, 2015

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

BurritoJustice posted:

Can I ask why you think the traps don't suit the deck? They seem quite useful to me to have the reactionary plays, and they seem quite popular in the competitive dolls decks I've seen online too. Just curious.

most of the traps you see in that deck I made are live most of the time and we flipped up on your opponent's standby or reacting to a search card attempt (mistake; against nekroz and tellar, somewhat ritual beast)

you'll be using core to fuse or chump block, and shadow games is a themed foolish burial that you might plus off of if you have set dolls.

the staple traps usually will have to wait for your opponent to make a play, which means they'll be set for a majority of the time, and this will turn off denko, which is your main way of breezing through backrow since you don't run more than 1 dragon right now.

vanity's is still good though, making a huge board and flipping vanity's is basically "what do I do???? no mst? *scoop*" but sometimes you can lock yourself out.

It's up to you, don't let me tell you how to play, if you have success with your build then you might just have your build suited to your tournament scene which differs everywhere. most builds I've seen are trapless somewhat and only have core and mistake and don't even run shadow games. I personally think it's good, though.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
Burning Abyss and Infernoid slaughter nekroz.

EDIT: but they still kinda beat everything else :T

Koguma fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Sep 9, 2015

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Well this card is BA in all but name.

Infernoid also

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
Hopefully they start doing that for prize cards.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
reprinting rubic would've been nice

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

Slur posted:

This gimmick of yours
Is really dumb; please stop it
Thank you very much

:agreed:

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
went to a 400-man 9 round regional playing performage shaddoll. I went 6-3

I largely beat the mirror match losing only one game, but no matches to it; which some builds were star seraph and some were performage. mind control put in work.

I played only 1 BA but got destroyed by it, didn't have a decent hand either game while the BA player had vanity's both times. he was later DQ'd for cheating so I actually got the win.

faced tellarknights twice, one of them was a friend that goes to my locals and I otk'd him both games, I felt really bad. the other tellar player I lost to when he opened shadow mirror and constellar diamond both games.

played psyframes which I had no idea what to do against game 1. game 2 and 3 I dropped majesty's fiend and he folded.

I played......deskbots and hilariously lost when he synchro trished me and dropped naturia beast 3 times (I got rid of it twice with shaddoll squamata but then he call of the haunted one of them :pwn:)

played ritual beasts and bricked game 1. games 2 and 3 I saw both denko sekka and imperial iron wall, so I didn't have trouble.

came in 54th place, barely missing the top 48 that were given invites to nationals. maybe next time. :suicide:

Koguma fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Oct 5, 2015

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
Needs an errata to only spellbook cards counting towards its surplus. You could use any spell for it, such as upstart goblin or magical mallet.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
Basically you'd either put Priestess, Jowgen or Kycoo on board after judgment, or if you had a bad hand, Justice.
Kycoo and Jowgen locked out Dragon Rulers and the mirror match, preventing them from banishing or special summoning.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
Or just play infernoids. Slur scoops at those.

Cabinet posted:

Fiendish chain works too or has that fallen out of fashion?

Breakthrough Skill is better unless you're playing tellar right now.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Raigeki Break? Hammer Shot? :shrug:

first one is a niche pick in BA, hammer shot is bad. dark hole is at 2.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

BurritoJustice posted:

I'm switching up my pure shaddoll to clowns and at the same time building a side deck for the first time (not too sure exactly what to put in the side mainly).

Maindeck:

1x BLS
1x Thunder King Rai-Oh
1x Denko Sekka
2x Shaddoll Beast
1x Shaddoll Dragon
2x Shaddoll Squamata
2x Shaddoll Hedgehog
2x Shaddoll Falco
3x Performage Damage Juggler
2x Performage Hat Tricker
1x Performage Trick Clown
2x Mathematician
3x Maxx "C"
2x Effect Veiler

3x Instant Fusion
1x Raigeki
2x Shaddoll Fusion
3x El Shaddoll Fusion
1x Foolish Burial
1x Book of Moon

1x Shaddoll Core
1x Vanity's Emptiness
2x Mistake

Total: 40

Extra Deck:

3x El Shaddoll Construct
2x El Shaddoll Winda
1x El Shaddoll Anoyatyllis
1x El Shaddoll Shekhinaga
2x Elder Entity Norden
1x Star Eater
1x Number 104: Masquerade
1x Performage Trapeze Magician
1x Castel
1x Evilswarm Exciton Knight
1x Daigusto Emeral

Total: 15

Side Deck:

3x Artifact Lancea (RBs and Kozmo)
3x Flying "C" (BA and Tellars)
3x MST (staple)
3x Fairy Wind (Qliphorts)
3x Royal Decree (not sure about these)

Total: 15

If anyone has suggestions or fixes I'd super appreciate it!

I can tell you right now that denko sekka mained isn't all that great an idea until Nekroz is no longer the best deck. They will hardly EVER set backrow unless they are playing a single vanity's emptiness. Consider 3 squamata as it sends everything in your deck to grave (including core, which is important to get back fusion spells for spun/bounced fusions) that you want except the clowns (which you should totally have a third mathematician for)

3 mst over royal decree, you should already have 2 denko sekka in side, which is stronger than decree.

honestly retaliating C is not only good versus infernoid in some cases, but is also stronger against nekroz and the mirror. in fact, if infernoids side in chaos hunter, and they hit chaos hunter off their reasoning when you retaliating C them, you do NOT banish their cards. something important to note.

side iron wall for ritual beasts and kozmo over lancea, unless you were playing the artifact variant, which, despite having only 1 moralltach, is still quite strong. some people dislike iron wall because you can't banish your clowns, but I honestly feel like the shaddoll/connie group can just take care of the rest while you have it up.

consider siding mistake and maybe taking out 1 instant fusion and 1 norden. you're really only going to go into him once. if they maxx "C" the instant fusion you can just go into winda.

I'm not sure how often you go into masquerade, but definitely find a diamond crab king (if you're in the right region for it) over a star eater. if you're not in NA, disregard. I know how KoE doesn't like to get manga cards until like years later.

consider breakthrough skill in the main deck as it can shut off unicore, which is your REAL problem in the nekroz matchup. also some people complain about the 3rd shaddoll fusion, but I'd honestly run it. there have been so many games where I wanted to see one but only ran 5. (or the arg format which forces you to run 5)

everything else looks normal/typical.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

BurritoJustice posted:

Since that post I've changed a few things after playing around with it. I've taken out book and foolish and gone to three math. I played with two instants but ended up keeping it at three, because I abuse noden so heavily and being able to instant a winda is both useful to pull a fusion from the grave or to just get a shaddoll out to fuse with when you get a brick clown hand. I'm also trying out three trick clown, which I am unsure of. It helps when you need to damage juggler search a light for a construct and your other clown is tied up, but it is super cloggy when you draw into both as it is OPT. I'm probably going to drop it again for a third squamata or foolish.

I definitely agree with you on the Denko's, I am going to grab a second one and move it to the side. I've changed the royal decrees for retaliating "C", and I need to decide which three-of side deck cards I drop to two-of to fit in the two denko's in the side (looking like fairy wind and mst rn but I am 0% sure so input is helpful). I keep the mistakes and tking in the main because they are what I would be definitely siding in against Nekroz, and as I'm mostly likely to be playing Nekroz I keep them in the main. They're the first things I'm going to side out for other decks.

I'm based in Aus, so as much as I would love to use Number 52, Star Eater is my only real out.

I'm using Lancea right now purely because I love going for sacky otk clown combos. It is really the tradeoff of longer lasting lockdown versus freedom in my turn. I've bought some iron walls and I'll gently caress around with them at locals this weekend.

I'm definitely not tied to masquerade. I go into it the least of the XYZ's, but I do like it in the as security versus hand traps. Can never feel safe attacking these days even without backrow. Other things I'm considering are Abyss Dweller and 101. Abyss gives easy R4 access to Anoyatyllis for the Nekroz matchup (though I do have noden for this too), and it counters the mirror and BA hard. 101 is easy non-destructive removal for when I've already used my Castel to spin a continuous s/t. I've also experimented with being controversial and going for one Winda, I barely ever go into the second and I can recycle it easily with Daigusto Emeral. Extra deck space is pretty tight as it always is with dolls.

you definitely want dweller and emeral. emeral is important when you go through all of your constructs, which can happen a lot in the kozmo matchup. dweller is for grave stuff like BA and the mirror, also anoyatillis.

stick to 1 (max 2 if you really like it) trick clown. it kinda sucks to draw them sometimes.

foolish is definitely a staple, I'd find room for it.

yeah if you don't see yourself going into masquerade a lot you can drop it. you can el shaddoll through nekroz of valkyrus so you don't need to commit 3 level 4s to just get through valk.

keep 2 winda as you're not always going to see light monsters and winda is the next best thing to make when you have anoyatillis out. (shekinaga being the first so they can't go into an R4 to deal with anoyatillis)

MST > fairy wind, but I mained 2 shaddoll dragon for a regional last weekend and it hardly bothered me as the flip effect came in handy a lot. thus I felt like I didn't need it for the qliphort MU.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
That card is a 3-card must against qliphort. I've never seen such a savage card that isn't fairy wind against them.

That's a nice disk/shell/stealth you have there, would be a shame if it was only 700 atk.

shame is, literally nobody is playing qliphort right now, unless you're going to a regional or something.

Koguma fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Oct 16, 2015

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
I could try to set up a goon-yugitube, I also stream duelnetwork sometimes.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
So hype for neptabyss. Glad I kept my mermail stuff and my moulinglacia. They've all shot up to 20+$

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

Dexie posted:

Sibyl Shaddolls are still the most fun way to play Shaddolls.

Yeah, nah

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
just got back from philadelphia regionals going a high 7-3 of about 570 people attending. 10 rounds of exhausting card game shenanigans.

warning: it's shadolls, so Slur, do not read

decklist:

1 BLS
2 Maxx c
3 Mathematician

2 Beast
3 Squamata
1 Dragon
2 Hedgehog
2 Falco

3 Juggler
2 Tricker
2 Clown

3 Shaddoll Fusion
3 El Shaddoll Fusion
2 Instant Fusion
1 Mind Control
1 Raigeki
1 Book of Moon
1 Foolish Burial
1 Soul Charge

1 Vanity's Emptiness
1 Shaddoll Core
2 Breakthrough Skill

Extra
3 Construct
2 Winda
1 Shek
1 Anoyatillis
1 Norden
1 Trishula
1 Exciton
1 Castel
1 Emeral
1 Diamond Crab King
1 Dweller
1 Trapeze Magician

Side
2 Denko Sekka
2 Majesty's Fiend
2 Iron Wall
2 Mistake
2 Retaliating C
1 Thunder King
3 MST

Matches:
R1: the mirror, 2-0
R2: kozmo, 2-0
R3: watt burn? 2-1 I dunno, was some girl playing a burn variant, sided Denko Sekka and just left hat tricker on board and eventually won.
R4: infernoids, 0-2 vs. Ryan Levine, winner of ARG Atlantic City. this MU was brutal as I almost always had a lord omega to deal with and I didn't see fusion spells.
R5: the mirror, 2-1
R6: kozmo, 1-2 I otk'd him game one and games two and three I just misplayed a bunch.
R7: the mirror, 2-0
R8: infernoids, 2-0, I open BLS both games and every time he summoned devyaty I just ran over it with him.
R9: the mirror, 1-2, game 3 I made the misplay of the evening forgetting he set squamata and running into it with BLS instead of banishing. I facepalmed immediately after he activated core and then emptiness later when I tried to summon my core to defend myself and he just attacked a few times for game.
R10: the mirror, 2-0, probably the round I was worried about the most, since if I didn't win I probably wouldn't top 32. however, I get the trapeze/construct OTK both games and had enough rank 4 resources to spin whatever he had on board or run it over. talk about anti-climactic. it was over in like 12 minutes. I had gone first both games.

finishing 7-3 and no string of losses next to each other I sat there and waited the rest of the standings to be posted and for everyone to finish up. once they're put up I somehow manage to wade past the forest of people and see my name plastered under number 31, barely making it. top 64 were given invites, so if I still lost round 10, I -may- have made it, but I doubt it.

I was incredibly proud of how I did seeing as I haven't been to many events since coming back, so I got my invite to nationals and left pretty happy.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

BurritoJustice posted:

Congrats, that's awesome! I run a Shaddoll clowns deck myself that is incredibly similar (with veiler instead of BTS and 2 noden 3 instant 3 maxx c with no trish and one less trick clown). I'm heading to the Newcastle regional in three weeks, so I might shamelessly steal inspiration from your build and test it out at locals :D

imo BTS is far more important than veiler in the case that it turns off problem cards from grave:

unicore
construct in the mirror
winda in the mirror
psy-framelord omega in infernoid
constellar diamond
Pleiades

I've only ever found the need for one noden since I run soul charge, but I took the ability to bring back constructs/fusions as well instead of just 1 R4 possibly.

trish is extremely easy to go into with this variant (falco math and level 4)

I played 2 clown because I sided 1 out at times for denko or majesty's fiend. it was always nice to have game 1.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

Dabir posted:

Interrupting? There's not a hell of a lot to interrupt. Go ahead.
this I enjoy dabbling in competitive ygo talk because I am a giant nerd who also plays the physical game.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
Welp goodbye shaddolls, it was nice getting my regional invite with you!

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
"We are gathered here today...."

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
Not really, you just summon/resolve Devyaty and Infernoids win. The whole banishing thing doesn't really work against them but you still have huge monsters like Onuncu/Devyaty.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
well good thing I held onto mermails. looks like I'll do some experimenting with them and noden until neptabyss.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
Play infernoid! They have a monster named after you, baal. :v:

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
Kozmos are going to be the best deck with their new support so you're going to have to play a deck that's good against them and sometimes Infernoid, Majespecter, and Magepals.

Yang Zing is Kozmo's absolute worst matchup but you have to be afraid of CL 1 Maxx C CL 2 Torrential so I'd hold on to something like wiretap or divine wrath. Chaofeng with Chiwen (later Jiaotu) as a synchro material is their bane.

Spellbook is actually really good against Kozmo with 2 fate (3 is too much) and lose 1 turn. Fate doesn't target and is a natural out to the big ships, Forerunner and Dark Destroyer

If you're good with Geargia that's also an option but you should probably main deck iron wall and anti-spell fragrance.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
You don't need Galaxy Cyclone because the only thing it'll out is vanity's. You can't use it against Iron Wall (your biggest threat). You do need Omega, though.

Infernoid is a lot stronger but is weak to the infinite resource Kozmo (seriously the deck just wins if it sees farmgirl vs. you) I've been trying to find a way to make the matchup easier for the main deck without sides, but nothing's come up yet except for dragged down and mind crush.

Tellar can beat Kozmo I think but you have to have access to Triverr at all times because forerunner and destroyer are huge and can't be targeted.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
Lose 1 Turn Spellbooks (no priestess/justice; using kycoo and jowgen instead) actually fantastic against Kozmo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

Dexie posted:

Do you have a decklist for this?

I will after the New Jersey state championships.

ok well here goes:

3x kycoo
2x jowgen
1x injection fairy lily
3x spellbook magician

1x raigeki
x1 book of moon
3x crescent
3x secrets
2x master
2x fate
2x eternity
2x tower
2x wisdom
1x life
1x power

3x lose 1 turn
3x mirror force
3x fiendish chain
1x solemn warning
1x vanity's emptiness

extra

castel
gagaga samurai
gagaga cowboy
downerd
honor ark
steelswarm roach
dire wolf
dweller
shining elf
daigusto phoenix
cat shark
ghostrick socuteboss
herald of pure light
gachi
sky cavalry

side

3x mind crush (generally anything, but mostly majespecter and kozmo)
3x black horn (for tellar and ritual beast, both extremely hard)
3x MST
2x mind drain (psyframe)
2x cyber dragon (kozmo)
2x chimeratech fortress dragon (kozmo)

i'd fit bottomless somewhere but i don't want it in the kozmo matchup, but i do want it against majespecter.

sorry for being stingy about the list but i don't know who plays here in tournaments in the states or not :tinfoil:

double edit: tournament was with the new list, hence fate at 2 in the deck (despite having 3 available)

Koguma fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Nov 7, 2015

• Locked thread