Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Who's hype for Worlds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Onmi posted:

I almost hope it ends as ridiculous as last Worlds. For those who don't know, about 20 minutes on game 1 as Infernity player tries to get his deck to go of. Game 2 lasted about a turn because Infernity got off that soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkQFDkYSlD0

Here is the video. This was still much better than the year previous which was RULERSRULERSRULERSRULERSprophecyRULERSRULERSRULERS

Last year's finals were wild as hell and I only hope Worlds banlist will allow for weird decks like HATrix to do well.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I always heard of "floating" cards as cards that are still on the field but are doing nothing but taking up a space. So a Call of The Haunted that has been activated but is not attached to anything because the monster has been compulsed.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Yeah, ARG had a chance to show what a good banlist would look like but it seems like it was super kneejerky and they're propping up their own tastes in decks.

I still can't believe that Konami are getting rid of the 3 month banlists when even in the press release they say "they're good and everyone likes then p much"

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Onmi posted:

No this is because the person in charge of the banlist in America right now is in fact the same man who was in charge of it when Upper Deck ran the game in America.

If you don't know why that's loving retarded

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Konami_v._Upper_Deck

In fact, Upper Deck was convinced they could run the game better than Konami, that's what led to the TCG exclusive cards I believe

Konami's management of the banlist is bad as hell and he shouldn't be in charge if he's going to pull poo poo like this.

That said, the ARG banlist is also a steaming pile of fan wank and doesn't fix any problems.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

The problem with NobKni is they have only one real play and if you don't get that off you're hosed. I haven't really played with them but playing against them is boring when you know how to counter.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Twib posted:

This is a friendly reminder that Sibyltricks is super fun to play and has one of the most unique playstyles I've ever encountered (which isn't saying much).

Do you have a decklist? I have a friend who wants to try it out.

Sibyls are an amazing flip engine though. Sibyldolls are hella.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

It's true, massive levels of salt can kill you.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I always found E-Dragons to be fine at one. Great for support, but not enough to go ham on their own. They also allowed for some cool Rank 7 plays.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

That, but unironically. :unsmigghh:

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Zoness posted:

There's no irony in my post just love for lightsworns

(and Tempest in Gustos)

Lightsworns were one of the first decks I played around with along with Chaos Dragons. They hold a special place in my heart.

Speaking of decks I used to use, are Dragunities back to being workable now that Ravine is at 1 and with their new support? I'd love to give them a go again.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

The worst thing is when you get your hole when you dont want or need it.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Dragunities have Ravine again :greenangel:

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

So did they errata Trish or ban desyncro?

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Onmi posted:

Neither. Trish is at one. Because now the current meta is so strong that Trish is not as strong to deserve a ban. I mean he has no protection, almost every boss monster has something to defend it.

Of course all it takes is someone finding the way to loop Trish 5 times on turn 1 to mill the opponents hand to 0, and we're done.

Yugioh!!!

Apart from the Trish, I'm kinda happy with this banlist. I love that Ravine is back. Proves that E-Dragons are 100% dead though.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

HAT is actually a rad deck idea and I'm with Slur in mourning it.

Don't play Chain Burn or Exoida. Please get good.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I don't think Konami remember reptiles at all now.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I feel as if "both players agree" is just a safety clause to stop arguments more than anything now. Either that, or a holdover from priority times.

Fun fact: as of last year, the Konami judge test still required you to know priority inside and out to get qualified. GG.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Jabor posted:

According to the right-hand side of that flowchart, I can pass in my main phase, see if my opponent passes, and then say "nah nevermind, I don't want to go to the battle phase yet" and basically just see if my opponent has anything to play at no real cost. Is that correct?

Nah, it's like chess moves. If you've declared your intention to pass, you have to pass.

A similar thing is if you're searching your deck for a monster, take one out and put it on the table to decide if you want it, or feel out your opponent, you have to go with it.

The amount of times I've had people put down a card, hold their deck for a couple of seconds and do nothing but look at me, waiting for me to respond so they can go "dude i'm still deciding", is ridiculous.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Slur posted:

Wow. Why?

gently caress if I know! :v:

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Its time.... To duel.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Lisandra_brave posted:

Well, Eccentric Archfiend has it's TCG name (Archfiend Eccentrick), and of course KoA bumped it up from a common to a loving secret.

I feel this. Anjelly was a common in the OCG, an ultra in the TCG. $1 card up to $45 overnight. Good poo poo.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Have people been legit sidedecking that against Dolls? Or have they not been that much of a problem in the meta?

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Does the OCG even get exclusive archtypes? Because now it just seems as if Konami throws a dart at the list and whatever it hits becomes a OCG exclusive for maybe forever, maybe 5 years

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Is there enough players to justify a meta/"Gimmick" split?

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Imo, let people run Exodia, but have a ban on left leg.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Replace texture for head with Little D. You still lose but you get a laugh at least.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I played the poo poo out of Dungeon Dice monsters for the GBA. I wonder if it holds up now that I'm not 12.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Slur posted:

Let's Play it and find out.

:effort:

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

loving hell. Thought the prices were going to be bad but I didn't realise they'd be that bad. Kinda like the Dark Magician fusion cards of DOL1. Best to wait a couple of weeks. The decks aren't going to be competitive and the prices will drop like a stone.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

The only joke in YGO is your skill level m8

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I say all this without playing since March. I really want to get back into it but I have no irl friends to play with :(

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I helped set up a locals with my friends! Then I moved countries.

I tried getting involved in locals here but the community was meh and its a lot harder for me to enjoy myself when I'm going on my own.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Yeah now that Nekroz have been hit we are at least seeing a diverse meta. Diverse here means more than two "big decks"

I have issues with the current format but staleness isn't one of them.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I get half mast whenever I see someone complain about Stratos being banned.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Ring of Destruction comes from the time when Konami didn't gave a gently caress for the art on the cards. A lot of classic cards have very low quality art on them.

The card game started getting some pretty neat art around the time the Envoys hit and has been improved over the time.

Yeah a lot of the old art is REALLY goddamn bad.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Hellsau posted:

No, summary execution.

That misses its timing :/

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Is Summoned Skull the only normal card with an effect?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Slur, I thought you loved trap monsters :confused:

• Locked thread