Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Can anyone recommend me a reasonably cheap good deck to get back into the game with? I used to play casually with a few friends way back before Synchros became a thing, and recently a bunch of my friends have been into the modern game (all my old cards are seemingly worthless in the current meta). My friends have masked hero, lightsworn, blackwing, nekroz and odd-eyes decks, so I'd rather get something different to any of those. I'm only going to be playing casually, no comps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Dabir posted:

I like Mecha Phantom Beasts and they're fairly cheap. The most expensive part of any deck is gonna be the extra deck, really.

Speaking of extra deck, can you recommend anything fun focused on pendulum/XYZ/synchro stuff? I've never played with any of them before and my mates play very heavy with all that and it seems like fun. I can probably put down low three figures if it gives me a fun deck that will actually be capable versus my friends tier 1-3 stuff.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Dabir posted:

If your friends are good people, Shadolls will upset them.

But one's playing Nekroz so maybe they aren't.

He doesn't play Nekroz typically, he bought that deck for playing comp at a local store. He usually plays Blackwing, which is a little bit less absurd.

I played a few games against the AI with a Shaddolls deck I netdecked in YGOPro, and I couldn't really get a feel for them. The whole idea of dumping cards in the graveyard for various effects is cool, but I couldn't actually get much done with them. Game is 100x more complex than 8 years ago.

Senerio posted:

A fun pendulum "archetype" (though I use that word loosely) is Pendulum Normals.
Basically you take these five Pendulum Monsters (who also happen to be Normal Monsters):

Add in Normal Monster Support, (Fossil Dig/Heart of the Underdog/Summoner's Art/etc.), and then you can add other normal monsters to taste. (I generally add in Tune Warrior, a Normal Tuner, and Blue Dragon Summoner, who can search out Normal Monsters).

Overall, ignoring the support cards, I think the most expensive card in here is like $3.

I'm considering buying this just because it would be basically nothing to build a full deck from that. Doubt it would be too effective against the more crazy archetypes though.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Onmi posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1pPk0S22CM

I will say, their judges need to step up their loving games.

I've gotta say, the European games are a lot more watchable. Better on screen info, less background noise, better camera angles, better commentary

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Welp, went all in on a Shaddolls deck. Now I just have to figure out how to be not poo poo at the game by the time it arrives.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

I spent $140 Aussie on the core (~$100 American), got me:

3 x Falco
3 x Dragon
3 x Beast
3 x Hedgehog
3 x Squamata
2 x Mathematician
1 x Lightsworn archer

3 x El Shaddoll Fusion
3 x Shaddoll Fusion
2 x Shaddoll Core
1 x Sinister shadow games

3 x El Shaddoll Construct
2 x El Shaddoll Winda
1 x El Shaddoll Shek
1 x El Shaddoll Anoyatolis

By all accounts it was a pretty good deal. I then proceeded to go mad and spend like $60 on random extra deck singles and poo poo like raigeki.

E: Star Eater, BRD, Samsara rebirth Dragon, Leo the keeper, raigeki, goyo guardian, peropero, another Mathematician, another Shek and a Winda.

BurritoJustice fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Aug 8, 2015

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Onmi posted:

Oh hey, another AUS player. Yeah that sounds like a good Shaddolls deck to start with.

Where do you buy your singles from? The best I've found so far is a yugioh sales Australia Facebook page, but I literally cannot find a Black Rose Moonlight Dragon for sale anywhere in Aus. Most people have never heard of it.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Onmi posted:

I haven't purchased cards since Power of the Duelist in 2007

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Yu-Gi-Oh-Card-YF07-EN001-BLACK-ROSE-MOONLIGHT-DRAGON-ultra-rare-holo-NM-M-/381200468725

Found this while looking around though

$26 postage :(

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Julias posted:

You might want to make sure it's tournament legal over there, first. Sometimes European regions have a weird thing where Manga Cards and other Promos aren't considered legal in those regions, and that might apply to Black Rose Moonlight Dragon as well, since it came from one of these mangas.

EDIT: Black Rose Moonlight Dragon :siren: is not legal:siren: for European countries, so you should look into it first before you buy it.

Yeah I've been informed that BRMD isn't legal in Australia, hence why it is impossible to find. I'm considering buying it anyway just to finish off the deck, dunno if it will get more or less expensive when it becomes legal.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Is there a reason that nobody seems to use Nephe Shaddoll Fusion? It is more niche than the other two fusions, but being able to pick any of the fusions as long as you have at least one shaddoll on the field and one in your hand (which you basically always have), seems pretty useful. A more consistent way of summoning El Shaddoll Anoyatyllis for sure.

Also what does everyone think about the two rarely used Shaddolls, Grysta and Wendigo? Grysta seems like a weaker Anoyatyllis (except for being able to block synchro summons), but Wendigo seems like a useful defensive card and an easy access to level 8 synchros.

What staples does everyone recommend to add onto the Shaddoll stuff I posted above? No idea what to side either.

Thanks everyone for helping me get back into this batshit game.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Julias posted:

Nephe Shaddoll Fusion is a decent card, but the Regular Fusion and El Fusion work better for the deck, not to mention that Shaddoll Core serves almost the same purpose. (And you can send him with Construct to retrieve your fusion from rave to push for more damage/defense.

You need to run more lights in your deck; There are multiple variations, including splashing Artifacts(Rank 5 and counters other strategies), splashing White Dragon Wyverbuster and Black Dragon Collapserpent (For rank 4 plays), splashing Star Seraphs (Explosive Rank 4 Plays, but pretty inconsistent.) or just going with good generic support (Effect Veiler, Denko Sekka, Thunder King Rai-Oh). I prefer the last myself, especially since Artifact Moralltach is at 1.

Other staples you should consider running are Foolish Burial and Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the End. Depending on your build, I'd say Dark Armed Dragon is fair game, as is Jar of Avarice (Player Preference, if you burn out of monsters too fast.) Compulsory Evacuation Device, Book of Moon, Vanity's Emptiness, and Mistake are also decent cards to run. And if you can get away with it, Super Polymerization is godly (Shaddolls are the reason why that card is now banned.)

In a fit of impulse buying, I ended up with both a playset of effect veilers and a playset of the star seraphs stick and chair combo. This is way too much isn't it, or can I use both in some ungodly 1/4 of my deck combination. I am bad with money.

I also grabbed Foolish burial, black luster soldier, compulsory, book of moon, vanity and mistake (x2). I'm also considering mind control and soul charge, having watched profiles/games on Ido Marcus' 1st in europe deck.

Somehow I am going to compile this ungodly assortment of cards into a workable deck.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Julias posted:

Just so you know, Ido Marcus said that he would have cut the Mind Control for Compulsory Evacuation Device, but it isn't a bad card, especially against Nekroz. A lot of card choices just depend on the meta around where you live, and the like.

As for lights, You probably could get away with the effect veilers for the side deck if you play Seraphs in the main deck. I won't lie, I don't really like the engine, because it can be quite inconsistent. However, it does give you massive advantage when you pull it off. If you are playing them, you need to pick up Rank 4s that require 3 or more Xyz to summon, the most common being Evilswarm Ouroboros and Stellarknight Delteros, and with delteros you can run Constellar Stellarknight Diamond, which is a good lockdown card in the mirror match and against BA.

My extra deck is 100% Synchros and fusions right now. If anything, I'll likely play with either the seraphs and XYZs or the veilers and Synchros (veiler being a lvl 1 tuner helps). The seraphs were a bit of a silly buy, I don't really want to lay down the money for XYZs to use with them right now, but it'll be fun when I eventually have a second variation of Shaddolls to play (Shaddolls are just so drat fun). I got an OK price on the set too, $35 USD equivalent for all six shipped, which was a factor in the impulse buy.

I know what Ido said about mind control, but I ran it in a few devpro games and while it wasn't helpful too often it was fun stealing a monster for my fusions. I can see it being far more effective in casual play with my friends than against the people Ido played against, ha.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Dexie posted:

I was wrong. It's Nutellas vs. Nekroz for the finals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4HtvwotNhI

GO NUTELLAS.

If I can get this burning Abyss deck for 125USD including shipping would it be worth it? I just spent a bunch building shaddolls to get back into the game (hell I'm not even finished on that deck...), but it seems to me at this price I would be paying less for the whole deck than just the Dante's would cost on their own. BA seems fun to play and similar to dolls, but I'd probably resell if the margins are good.

Edit: I totally didn't meant to quote this but as I did, gently caress yeah nekroz lost. Go tellars. Can anyone explain why tellers weren't at the WCQ finals much but successful in the WC finals?

BurritoJustice fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Aug 16, 2015

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Julias posted:

BA isn't legal in OCG, so It wasn't allowed at Worlds. Shaddolls have a bunch of holes in it (Such as Construct to 0, El Fusion to 1, Mathematician to 1), and Nekroz, while filled with holes, still had its power plays, and is, in general, a very adaptable deck, which many weren't considering as viable for worlds, so it had a surprise factor to it. Satellars are a decent deck, and didn't loose anything from the combined list except for two Reinforcements of the Army (ROTA).

Also, if the BA deck includes the extra (3 Dante, 1 Virgil, etc.), then I would consider it if you have the disposable income, otherwise, if it's just the main deck, probably not.

The BA deck is everything on that list plus a bunch of common and super staples. It includes three Dantes, two Virgil's and one or two of the fusions I can't remember. For the money it seems a bit absurd. Like I said I'd probably be buying to sell though.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for my Shaddolls deck. It is pure shaddolls right now, but I also have the star seraph engine and matching XYZ's that I am not using right now.

Monsters:

3x Shaddoll Falco
3x Shaddoll Squamata
2x Shaddoll Hedgehog
2x Shaddoll Beast
1x Shaddoll Dragon
3x Mathematician
2x Effect Veiler
1x Peropero Cerberus
1x Felis, Lightsworn Archer
1x BLS Envoy
1x Denko Sekka

Spells:

3x El Shaddoll Fusion
2x Shaddoll Fusion
1x Raigeki
1x Foolish Burial
1x Book of Moon
1x Mind control
1x Soul Charge

Traps:

2x Sinister Shadow Games
2x Mistake
2x Shaddoll Core
1x Ring of Destruction
1x Torrential Tribute
1x Bottomless Trap Hole
1x Vanity's Emptiness
1x Compulsory Evacuation Device

Extra:

3x El Shaddoll Construct
2x El Shaddoll Winda
2x El Shaddoll Shekhinaga
1x El Shaddoll Anoyatyllis

1x Samsara, Dragon of Rebirth
1x Goyo Guardian
1x Black Rose Dragon
1x Black Rose Moonlight Dragon
1x Arcanite Magician
1x Leo, the Keeper of the Sacred Tree
1x Star Eater

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Koguma posted:

You have way too many traps for a shaddoll deck. Consider running 2 denko and getting rid of compulse, for one. I'd also run one core, since you're not running the fire fusion. You only have one real target for core (unless you're synchroing for star eater), and despite grysta being pretty good, nobody really plays him. you also have a good amount of targets for shek (you could also put in maxx "c" for her)

also I'd recommend armades over samsara.

goyo is really up to you, I prefer HTS psyhemuth or nothung the starlight. but 2800 level 6 is still really good.

I run two cores both because of the two card synchro for star eater and the graveyard effect. Fusing a core and another shaddoll and then getting your fusion card back is really useful, so is sending core with squamata if you need a fusion card in a pinch. I do have a grysta that I'm seriously considering running, it was crazy effective against my mates pendulum deck when I played him on devpro. I'd probably drop either samsara or a shek for Grysta. I'm seriously considering maxx "C", though I feel I'd clog a lot with earth fusion targets though unless I drop a math. Fair call on the traps though, I have compulse/bottomless/torrential etc just because ~staples~. I should probably drop some of the traps for more dolls cards but I don't really know what would be best there. I'd go two denkos but I don't really want to drop another $20 on one, so I am considering a thunder king rai oh.

I might be wrong but Goyo seems pretty bloody amazing to me. 2800 beater and you can steal your opponent's monsters for fusions and synchros.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Koguma posted:

Rai-oh is great, yeah, can't go wrong there. Denko is getting a reprint soon in the tins so you might as well wait, I suppose.

edit: you can drop the bottomless, compulse and ring (I haven't liked ring since its errata) for a third mistake, another beast (great in the mirror for when you have a fusion out, you can just tribute set beast so you don't leave a face-up extra deck card out), and allure of darkness (unless you really don't like banishing dolls)

or just 3 upstart goblins! consistency's never a bad thing.

Can I ask why you think the traps don't suit the deck? They seem quite useful to me to have the reactionary plays, and they seem quite popular in the competitive dolls decks I've seen online too. Just curious.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Koguma posted:

most of the traps you see in that deck I made are live most of the time and we flipped up on your opponent's standby or reacting to a search card attempt (mistake; against nekroz and tellar, somewhat ritual beast)

you'll be using core to fuse or chump block, and shadow games is a themed foolish burial that you might plus off of if you have set dolls.

the staple traps usually will have to wait for your opponent to make a play, which means they'll be set for a majority of the time, and this will turn off denko, which is your main way of breezing through backrow since you don't run more than 1 dragon right now.

vanity's is still good though, making a huge board and flipping vanity's is basically "what do I do???? no mst? *scoop*" but sometimes you can lock yourself out.

It's up to you, don't let me tell you how to play, if you have success with your build then you might just have your build suited to your tournament scene which differs everywhere. most builds I've seen are trapless somewhat and only have core and mistake and don't even run shadow games. I personally think it's good, though.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a super new player (started a month ago) so any input is hugely appreciated. I've ordered a Thunder King and an allure of darkness online, and I'm going to drop two of the traps to fit them in. I'm thinking bottomless and compulse as torrential and ring seem more versatile (torrential kills multiples and triggers all my dolls affects and ring doesn't just have to be on summon). I'm unsure about the upstarts because they seem to be sacrificing utility for consistency with having three cards just to thin the deck. If anything I'd drop another trap for a third veiler, the hand effect is good and level 1 tuners are useful. I also dropped samsara for Grysta considering the two cores.

E: I'd also love archfiend eccentric or ghost ogre but $$$$$

BurritoJustice fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Aug 30, 2015

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Senerio posted:

Just play on YGOPro/Devpro like the rest of us. I have a Physical U.A. deck and a Ghostrick deck (no Alucard though) but nothing more because $$$. (I'm getting the Yugi thing when it comes out for nostalgia sake though)

I've an alucard and no ghostrick deck :v:

I'm buying physical because I have a group of mates (10~) who all play the physical game frequently. I do also play devpro with mates, but it is a lot more fun with the physical cards.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

If I wanted to watch Arc-V online, where would be the best place? Do any of the streaming services have it? I'd rather not resort to :filez:

Also is this whole sub vs dub bullshit worth anything? I prefer to veg out and watch stuff while doing other things, so dub would be way easier, but I don't want to watch it if it is trash compared to the sub or anything.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Dante and Vergil reprints are confirmed for the megatins. So I guess BA don't get a premium product like the NK.

Got a source on that? (I have three dantes and two virgils :( )

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

I'm guessing it is time to sell sell sell? I'm think I'll keep the rest of the BA deck and just sell the dantes/virgils and rebuy them after the tins, probably the best option?

What happened to prices on the super wanted $50~ cards with last years tins?

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Dantes are dropping like rocks :(

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Beatrice doesn't even have "Burning Abyss" in it's name so it will nuke all your BA cards (except for libic and tour guide stuff).

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Hahaha gently caress I put my Dante's on ebay and I got $202.50 for them, which is substantiality more than I paid for my entire BA deck. Can't wait to buy them again post reprint :cool:

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

I'm switching up my pure shaddoll to clowns and at the same time building a side deck for the first time (not too sure exactly what to put in the side mainly).

Maindeck:

1x BLS
1x Thunder King Rai-Oh
1x Denko Sekka
2x Shaddoll Beast
1x Shaddoll Dragon
2x Shaddoll Squamata
2x Shaddoll Hedgehog
2x Shaddoll Falco
3x Performage Damage Juggler
2x Performage Hat Tricker
1x Performage Trick Clown
2x Mathematician
3x Maxx "C"
2x Effect Veiler

3x Instant Fusion
1x Raigeki
2x Shaddoll Fusion
3x El Shaddoll Fusion
1x Foolish Burial
1x Book of Moon

1x Shaddoll Core
1x Vanity's Emptiness
2x Mistake

Total: 40

Extra Deck:

3x El Shaddoll Construct
2x El Shaddoll Winda
1x El Shaddoll Shekhinaga
2x Elder Entity Norden
1x Star Eater
1x Number 104: Masquerade
1x Performage Trapeze Magician
1x Castel
1x Evilswarm Exciton Knight
1x Daigusto Emeral

Total: 15

Side Deck:

3x Artifact Lancea (RBs and Kozmo)
3x Flying "C" (BA and Tellars)
3x MST (staple)
3x Fairy Wind (Qliphorts)
3x Royal Decree (not sure about these)

Total: 15

If anyone has suggestions or fixes I'd super appreciate it!

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Quincytbb posted:

infernoids are probably going to get popular so some retaliating c's might be useful instead of the 3 royal decrees

Haha oh man I hadn't thought about how good chaining retaliating "c" to monster gate or reasoning would be. That is basically a win condition. They're going in for sure.

Only thing I'm unsure about now is ratios in my main, mainly with the clowns and instant fusions etc.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Koguma posted:

I can tell you right now that denko sekka mained isn't all that great an idea until Nekroz is no longer the best deck. They will hardly EVER set backrow unless they are playing a single vanity's emptiness. Consider 3 squamata as it sends everything in your deck to grave (including core, which is important to get back fusion spells for spun/bounced fusions) that you want except the clowns (which you should totally have a third mathematician for)

3 mst over royal decree, you should already have 2 denko sekka in side, which is stronger than decree.

honestly retaliating C is not only good versus infernoid in some cases, but is also stronger against nekroz and the mirror. in fact, if infernoids side in chaos hunter, and they hit chaos hunter off their reasoning when you retaliating C them, you do NOT banish their cards. something important to note.

side iron wall for ritual beasts and kozmo over lancea, unless you were playing the artifact variant, which, despite having only 1 moralltach, is still quite strong. some people dislike iron wall because you can't banish your clowns, but I honestly feel like the shaddoll/connie group can just take care of the rest while you have it up.

consider siding mistake and maybe taking out 1 instant fusion and 1 norden. you're really only going to go into him once. if they maxx "C" the instant fusion you can just go into winda.

I'm not sure how often you go into masquerade, but definitely find a diamond crab king (if you're in the right region for it) over a star eater. if you're not in NA, disregard. I know how KoE doesn't like to get manga cards until like years later.

consider breakthrough skill in the main deck as it can shut off unicore, which is your REAL problem in the nekroz matchup. also some people complain about the 3rd shaddoll fusion, but I'd honestly run it. there have been so many games where I wanted to see one but only ran 5. (or the arg format which forces you to run 5)

everything else looks normal/typical.

Since that post I've changed a few things after playing around with it. I've taken out book and foolish and gone to three math. I played with two instants but ended up keeping it at three, because I abuse noden so heavily and being able to instant a winda is both useful to pull a fusion from the grave or to just get a shaddoll out to fuse with when you get a brick clown hand. I'm also trying out three trick clown, which I am unsure of. It helps when you need to damage juggler search a light for a construct and your other clown is tied up, but it is super cloggy when you draw into both as it is OPT. I'm probably going to drop it again for a third squamata or foolish.

I definitely agree with you on the Denko's, I am going to grab a second one and move it to the side. I've changed the royal decrees for retaliating "C", and I need to decide which three-of side deck cards I drop to two-of to fit in the two denko's in the side (looking like fairy wind and mst rn but I am 0% sure so input is helpful). I keep the mistakes and tking in the main because they are what I would be definitely siding in against Nekroz, and as I'm mostly likely to be playing Nekroz I keep them in the main. They're the first things I'm going to side out for other decks.

I'm based in Aus, so as much as I would love to use Number 52, Star Eater is my only real out.

I'm using Lancea right now purely because I love going for sacky otk clown combos. It is really the tradeoff of longer lasting lockdown versus freedom in my turn. I've bought some iron walls and I'll gently caress around with them at locals this weekend.

I'm definitely not tied to masquerade. I go into it the least of the XYZ's, but I do like it in the as security versus hand traps. Can never feel safe attacking these days even without backrow. Other things I'm considering are Abyss Dweller and 101. Abyss gives easy R4 access to Anoyatyllis for the Nekroz matchup (though I do have noden for this too), and it counters the mirror and BA hard. 101 is easy non-destructive removal for when I've already used my Castel to spin a continuous s/t. I've also experimented with being controversial and going for one Winda, I barely ever go into the second and I can recycle it easily with Daigusto Emeral. Extra deck space is pretty tight as it always is with dolls.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Cyber Dragon Infinity confirmed for TCG in BOSH

Not looking forward to this AT ALL.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Can someone explain to be how Ptolemaeus is used to abuse Outer Entity Azathoth? I see it mentioned repeatedly as why Ptolemaeus was banned in the OCG.

I'd have thought the main Azathoth play would be instant fusion -> noden -> noden summons a lvl 4 synchro -> overlay nyarla -> overlay Azathoth.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Dexie posted:

Cyber Dragon Infinity and Constellar Pleiades are why Ptolemaeus got banned.

Who's telling you that Azathoth is the reason? Japan only got Azathoth like a week before the ban happened.

In a thread on Reddit about CDI coming out in the TCG. People are arguing that CDI coming out isn't going to cause ptol to be banned because ptol was banned because of its abuse with Azathoth. I don't have an exact link unfortunately.

Ptolemaeus tripling in price because CDI was announced is pretty hilarious.

E: Just read the card text more closely. I'm guessing it isn't because of the nuke effect of Azathoth, but rather the "your opponent cannot activate monster effects for the rest of the turn" component. Detaching three from ptol to summon Azathoth and disable monster effects sounds pretty crazy good against EMEm, combined with shock master blocking spells that is an effective instant win.

BurritoJustice fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Oct 17, 2015

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Cabinet posted:

Jumping in on the AznEyes hate train. His videos are insufferable. Clickbait YGO.

Actual content edit: are there any good Yugitubers? I'm fond of YGO4RealMen but I think its stopped updating?

I'm fond of Cimoo and Lithium2300. Cimoo for his in depth tech videos (if you can handle his hyper-enthusiasm), and Lithium2300 for his cross banlist duel videos

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Koguma posted:

you definitely want dweller and emeral. emeral is important when you go through all of your constructs, which can happen a lot in the kozmo matchup. dweller is for grave stuff like BA and the mirror, also anoyatillis.

stick to 1 (max 2 if you really like it) trick clown. it kinda sucks to draw them sometimes.

foolish is definitely a staple, I'd find room for it.

yeah if you don't see yourself going into masquerade a lot you can drop it. you can el shaddoll through nekroz of valkyrus so you don't need to commit 3 level 4s to just get through valk.

keep 2 winda as you're not always going to see light monsters and winda is the next best thing to make when you have anoyatillis out. (shekinaga being the first so they can't go into an R4 to deal with anoyatillis)

MST > fairy wind, but I mained 2 shaddoll dragon for a regional last weekend and it hardly bothered me as the flip effect came in handy a lot. thus I felt like I didn't need it for the qliphort MU.

Took suggestions on board and took my deck to locals. Dropped book and move denko to the side, and added in foolish and mind control. I only drew into mind control once in the nekroz matchup, and it got trishula'd. I'm undecided on keeping it in or swapping it for a third squamata (if I do then mind control is going into the side). Foolish I ran into a few times and it was always useful. I took out masquerade for Abyss Dweller, and I am glad I did. It was crazy useful in the Nekroz match to stop them from getting back their ritual spells, and making it with noden makes it a more useful 2200 beater.

I'm thinking of dropping 1 instant fusion and 1 noden (I can recycle my noden with emeral quite easily) to fit in glow up bulb and naturia beast, and probably drop 101 for a trish because I never make it. I'm thinking this mostly because I got a synchro trishula as collateral in a trade :v:

I came first at locals undefeated and won a bunch of High Speed Raiders and Astral Packs, so thanks for the help!

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Julias posted:

^Just a heads up, Naturia Beast isn't really good in Shaddolls, because it requires both an Earth Tuner AND Earth non-Tuners, meaning you pretty much need Glow-up Bulb + Hat Tricker/ Nefarious Archfiend Eater of Nefariousness. You can playtest it, but It won't come up very much. Dropping 101 is a good idea, though.

I'm aware beast is a pain to get out. I don't really like the effort to get it out, but it is an effective win condition versus nekroz and they're the deck to beat. If I get both GUB and damage juggler in grave then that is a guaranteed Naturia Beast (fuse damage juggler with a Shaddoll for construct and send GUB with mathematician or foolish).

I feel like it would be a bit wasted to run GUB just for Trishula too, but Trishula would feel wasted if I need to go for a weird hog/falco/squamata play or something involving veiler to get it out.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Rafflessia confirmed for BOSH.

This set is going to be insane.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Koguma posted:

just got back from philadelphia regionals going a high 7-3 of about 570 people attending. 10 rounds of exhausting card game shenanigans.

warning: it's shadolls, so Slur, do not read

decklist:

1 BLS
2 Maxx c
3 Mathematician

2 Beast
3 Squamata
1 Dragon
2 Hedgehog
2 Falco

3 Juggler
2 Tricker
2 Clown

3 Shaddoll Fusion
3 El Shaddoll Fusion
2 Instant Fusion
1 Mind Control
1 Raigeki
1 Book of Moon
1 Foolish Burial
1 Soul Charge

1 Vanity's Emptiness
1 Shaddoll Core
2 Breakthrough Skill

Extra
3 Construct
2 Winda
1 Shek
1 Anoyatillis
1 Norden
1 Trishula
1 Exciton
1 Castel
1 Emeral
1 Diamond Crab King
1 Dweller
1 Trapeze Magician

Side
2 Denko Sekka
2 Majesty's Fiend
2 Iron Wall
2 Mistake
2 Retaliating C
1 Thunder King
3 MST

Matches:
R1: the mirror, 2-0
R2: kozmo, 2-0
R3: watt burn? 2-1 I dunno, was some girl playing a burn variant, sided Denko Sekka and just left hat tricker on board and eventually won.
R4: infernoids, 0-2 vs. Ryan Levine, winner of ARG Atlantic City. this MU was brutal as I almost always had a lord omega to deal with and I didn't see fusion spells.
R5: the mirror, 2-1
R6: kozmo, 1-2 I otk'd him game one and games two and three I just misplayed a bunch.
R7: the mirror, 2-0
R8: infernoids, 2-0, I open BLS both games and every time he summoned devyaty I just ran over it with him.
R9: the mirror, 1-2, game 3 I made the misplay of the evening forgetting he set squamata and running into it with BLS instead of banishing. I facepalmed immediately after he activated core and then emptiness later when I tried to summon my core to defend myself and he just attacked a few times for game.
R10: the mirror, 2-0, probably the round I was worried about the most, since if I didn't win I probably wouldn't top 32. however, I get the trapeze/construct OTK both games and had enough rank 4 resources to spin whatever he had on board or run it over. talk about anti-climactic. it was over in like 12 minutes. I had gone first both games.

finishing 7-3 and no string of losses next to each other I sat there and waited the rest of the standings to be posted and for everyone to finish up. once they're put up I somehow manage to wade past the forest of people and see my name plastered under number 31, barely making it. top 64 were given invites, so if I still lost round 10, I -may- have made it, but I doubt it.

I was incredibly proud of how I did seeing as I haven't been to many events since coming back, so I got my invite to nationals and left pretty happy.

Congrats, that's awesome! I run a Shaddoll clowns deck myself that is incredibly similar (with veiler instead of BTS and 2 noden 3 instant 3 maxx c with no trish and one less trick clown). I'm heading to the Newcastle regional in three weeks, so I might shamelessly steal inspiration from your build and test it out at locals :D

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Koguma posted:

imo BTS is far more important than veiler in the case that it turns off problem cards from grave:

unicore
construct in the mirror
winda in the mirror
psy-framelord omega in infernoid
constellar diamond
Pleiades

I've only ever found the need for one noden since I run soul charge, but I took the ability to bring back constructs/fusions as well instead of just 1 R4 possibly.

trish is extremely easy to go into with this variant (falco math and level 4)

I played 2 clown because I sided 1 out at times for denko or majesty's fiend. it was always nice to have game 1.

I took advice from you and experience from locals on the weekend to change some things. Two weeks previous I came 1st and 3rd with my deck, but this weekend I went 1-3 in the swiss and noticed more of the flaws. I test this with a mate for a few hours and liked it more:

MAIN DECK (40)
Monsters: 24
1x Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
2x Effect Veiler
3x Mathematician
2x Maxx "C"
3x Performage Damage Juggler
2x Performage Hat Tricker
1x Performage Trick Clown
2x Shaddoll Beast
1x Shaddoll Dragon
2x Shaddoll Falco
2x Shaddoll Hedgehog
3x Shaddoll Squamata
Spells: 12
3x El Shaddoll Fusion
1x Foolish Burial
2x Instant Fusion
1x Mind Control
1x Raigeki
3x Shaddoll Fusion
1x Soul Charge
Traps: 4
2x Breakthrough Skill
1x Shaddoll Core
1x Vanity's Emptiness

EXTRA DECK (15)

3x El Shaddoll Construct
1x El Shaddoll Shekhinaga
2x El Shaddoll Winda
1x Elder Entity Norden
1x Star Eater
1x Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1x Abyss Dweller
1x Castel, the Skyblaster Musketeer
1x Daigusto Emeral
1x Evilswarm Exciton Knight
1x Performage Trapeze Magician

SIDE DECK (15)

2x Denko Sekka
2x Flying "C"
2x Retaliating "C"
1x Thunder King Rai-Oh
3x Mystical Space Typhoon
3x Imperial Iron Wall
2x Mistake

I found at three I drew into maxx "C" way too often, and being another earth material it felt cloggy. I got sacked by dark law in heroes and omega infernoids, which made me realise how drat good BTS is. I've kept in veilers too because in addition to their negation they're more light material and a lvl 1 tuner. I hadn't thought about that soul charge can act like an instant fusion that recycles your nodens, so that's in. Saves me space for the trishula that I got on the weekend as collateral in a trade. I'm thinking this new list is a lot closer to what I'll stick with.

It is shame that yugioh isn't big enough on here to have a dedicated deck building thread like magic has, I feel like I'm interrupting the usual casual card discussion that is here.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

At my first time at the Newcastle locals, everything was going well until in the middle of one of my games an overweight, ponytailed man walked up. In the middle of one of my turns he picks up my deck, shuffles through it and starts criticising my card choices. He even left gross oily residue on my sleeves. That's the only stereotypical neckbeard experiences I've had though, no one at the Sydney locals is like that.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Slur posted:

Did you tell him to gently caress off?

In more polite words yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

What the actual gently caress is up with this banlist. Shaddolls weren't degenerate, they weren't tier one. But they were the most fun deck to build and play in the entire game.

In like two months they'll be power creeped the gently caress out by broken EMEm and pendulum bullshit anyway.

Gotta learn and build something new for the regional now, poo poo.

• Locked thread