Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

D/D/Ds, being the archetype of the Kaiba of the latest incarnation of the anime, are also pretty good, especially if you like swarming the field with relatively tough monsters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Zoness posted:

gently caress the pendulum zone.

When is TCG getting more lightsworn support and/or what's the new archetype I should play if I'm a lightsworn appreciator?

If you are a Lightsworn appreciator you need to be ashamed of yourself, because Judgement Dragon is a bullshit card that should not exist or at very, most extreme least should be limited in some way.
That being said, if you are willing to jump ship to OCG there's this:

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Minerva,_Lightsworn_Saint

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

I would like to play with goons. How can I do that?

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

I already got DevPro, so I'm jumping in the group now. Woo-hoo!

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

The various Pendulum Dragoons can help you swarm the field; I imagine that would help with Synchro and XYZ summoning if you want to go that way.
Skill Drain is a must, since it does not hurt you but can severely hamper your opponent.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Onmi posted:

So just to confirm because UTC is a weird thing to time people on. The "Come one, Come all, bring your decks to the Steam chat and duel people" thing is in 10 hours I'll go update the OP with that.

Oh man, thanks for the warning, I thought it would be tomorrow night and I would have lost it.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

I have to download YGOPro, since apparently Devpro crashed during the third game of a match, so there is the possibility that I might be a bit late.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Thoughts on Pendulum Normals so far: 10/10, would turn 1 Cyber Dragon Infinity + Evolzar Solda again.

Could you share your decklist? I tried making a Pendulum Normal deck and failed miserably.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

What makes you so sure that it's based on the Wizard of Oz? It seems like a generic sci-fi town to me.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

What does "you can only summon 1 monster per rank" mean? That you can't, for example, summon two rank 9s?

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I think it's more that an R1 xyz Kaiser gets you 1 special summon.
R2 get you 2 and so on.
So R4 is, again, the best option for Kaiser.

If you are correct, that it's really not much of a limitation at all, since the likely thing is that this is going to be the newest R4 beaststick summoner; hell, with advanced XYZ summoning you can still enjoy the effects of some monsters.
If I am correct than it is at least a limitation, albeit a really inelegant one, as it forces you to build your deck in a sliding scale, with some of the steps probably only coming into play with Kaiser's effect.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Quincytbb posted:

A new Kozmo monster has been revealed! http://ygorganization.com/wandaisthatyou/

The effects look pretty interesting so far, being able to recycle the witch with the field spell for level 5+ kozmo monsters sounds like fun.

Well that confirms it: it's the Oz archetype. I dig the Star Wars/Fae look.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

If it wasn't for Judgement Dragon, I would have no issue with Lightsworn. But unfortunatley Judgement Dragon exists, so :

Beef Chief posted:

gently caress Lightsworns

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

I don't like Bujins because at first the AI always kicked my rear end using those decks.
Bloody Crane.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Releaser of Rituals banned and Strategist of the Nekroz limited. This is a good day.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

I am not sure what exactly I am expected to do with D/D Baphomet. Summon Kali Yuga? He's not that good.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

And suddenly, Remove Brainwashing becomes a trump card. I am making a deck of these guys as soon as there are enough to make one and they hit YGOPro.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

zanmatto posted:

Duelist of the Roses was actually a good game tbh

It really was. I would always pick the zombie one, play Pumpkin King of Zombies and pump my monsters until they are far stronger than anything my opponent has and charge.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

At one point or another someone needs to challenge Slur to an honor duel and force him to shut his mouth about his skills.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Wait, why don't they work with the Statue?

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Cabinet posted:

Slur, I thought you loved trap monsters :confused:

I love trap monsters too! I once played a deck with both Tikki trap monsters. I don't think it was anything more than passable.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

The price of playing games with a chat or other communication feature is that you occasionally meet chucklefucks like that one. I bet he has a Nekroz deck.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

I want you to look at this card:

This is a DARK creature, probably a spellcaster.
This is Yu-Gi-Oh!'s idea of an evil cultist whose magic comes from the darkest pits of Hell itself.
I rest my case.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Slur posted:

Yeah, but who runs traps anymore besides the 2 or 3 cards to fuel Raflessia?

I do.
Always keep a Compulsory Evacuation Device and one or two Bottomless Pits to get rid of monsters that cannot be destroyed through normal means.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

I mean, there's nothing wrong with only playing the game online.

• Locked thread