Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Hello I have not played YGO in any form since like season 1 of Zexal and am looking at this YGO Pro/DuelPro thing. I have some questions though

- How automated are the programs? How much of every action do I Have to manually input?
- Which archetypes these days are most viable on their own (including parterned archetypes that interact with each other)? I'm a giant nerd who likes to stick with a theme so outside of staple spells/traps I like to make my monsters match.
- Which Arc-V character's deck is the most viable in play? For both this question and the above one I don't mean I want HOT META TOP TIER NET DECKS just something fun to play and isn't totally awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Dexie posted:

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Number_95:_Galaxy-Eyes_Dark_Matter_Dragon

Dragon Rulers won't come back unless this gets hit. Number 95 is the card that finally got them banned, so unless they do something about that, don't expect to see Droolers again.

It'd be weird if a main character ace monster was banned, even a manga version

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
update: guys I really really like noble knights

it doesn't take a lot to get going and when you've got loving king arthur out there with 3500 attack triple wielding magical swords and your opponent realizes they have to dump at least two spell removal cards to even have a chance of taking out this one monster

it's great

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Kind of want to make a deck with every signer dragon in it, because why not

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

they actually made that thing?!!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I feel like the manga are the biggest source of giant confusing monster cards

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Maaaan and I was really hoping to make a PePe deck so I could yells "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN" every time I was about to win

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I don't care how bad abyss actors are I will play the gently caress out of them

welcome to the age of sawatari

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Wow! I kind of super hate this!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

BurritoJustice posted:

I just can't wrap my head around how much this fucks everyone that plays the physical game. Cards aren't cheap and they just made a massive amount of decks completely unplayable.

I know Konami likes to push their new poo poo hard but this is just silly.

Decks they're still selling cards for at this very minute no less

Not to mention how non-ignorable this mechanic is. The message is basically if you want to use your extra deck at all play link monsters or go gently caress yourself

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
As someone whoprimarily cares about getting big cool monsters out and playing decks as purely to an archetype as possible this sort of kills the game for me

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

MiddleOne posted:

Why? There are a shitload of archetypes that will now actually be able to compete that were power-creeped out of existence by extra-deck focused decks. :confused:

Decks that use extra deck monsters as actual bosses instead of glorified stepping stones like Red-Eyes and Dark Magician are barely even affected by the changes.
Because i dont just want one boss monster out

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
okay now I definitely loving hate this

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Well all you need is king xyz and some copies of hidden armory and bam tier 1

Oh well.
This isnt surprising in the least. This is the same konami that, when faced with multiple blaze fenix FTKs, chose not to ban Blaze Fenix. The same konami, that when faced with the ubiquity of the r4 toolbox, chose to make more L4 swarmers and expand on the toolbox with things like castel and UtL.
Theyve always nerfed the thing least responsible for terribly op plays.

this isn't nerfing this is sorched loving earth

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Dexie posted:

Dinosaurs are going to be top tier once the structure deck is out. They don't need the extra deck, they can swarm pretty hard, and they're a natural counter to Zoodiacs.

strongest by default

it's like if a bunch of guys are getting ready for a fight, and then someone shows up and shoots all but one of the competitors in the kneecaps with a shotgun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
hearing people talk about duel links is like hopping into a hosed up time machine

• Locked thread