Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

Dogs, the black people of the animal world, always the first to die

I'm gonna beat you up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerstone
May 30, 2010

What the fuck is this?
We're going to need this for the next episode, just keep it on repeat and try not think about the bad things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3zYWUQ-z9U

Kellanved
Sep 7, 2009
christ, just caught up with the show from episode 4 up. Now I'm bummed. :(

e: there was some discussion a few pages back on how effective a zombie plague is as a bioweapon. From a "kill em all" perspective it's not that great - as people said, a superflue could kill many more people. But it's much more suitable as a weapon of (very dirty) war. It's possible to contain at some cost, and the targeted nation will be forced to pour resources and contain it - so it's unlikely that the attacker would get hit by the epidemic. Beyond being costly, containment is also demoralizing as all hell. So if you want to force an enemy nation to surrender, this type of terror weapon works on many different levels. But this weapon is a war crime of a level so high, reprisals would flow.

Kellanved fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Sep 11, 2015

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Someone made a presentation of the changes to the OP so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-y8HYSQSN8

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Sharkopath posted:

I'm gonna beat you up.
Get out of diapers and then we can tussle, kid

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
goddammit!!! goddammit!!!!!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Kellanved posted:

christ, just caught up with the show from episode 4 up. Now I'm bummed. :(

e: there was some discussion a few pages back on how effective a zombie plague is as a bioweapon. From a "kill em all" perspective it's not that great - as people said, a superflue could kill many more people. But it's much more suitable as a weapon of (very dirty) war. It's possible to contain at some cost, and the targeted nation will be forced to pour resources and contain it - so it's unlikely that the attacker would get hit by the epidemic. Beyond being costly, containment is also demoralizing as all hell. So if you want to force an enemy nation to surrender, this type of terror weapon works on many different levels. But this weapon is a war crime of a level so high, reprisals would flow.

The fact that it's a deliberate instead of accidental bioweapon makes a few if the odder things about these zombies make sense, like the fact that they're relatively unmolested (the zombies, not the girls). In a 'normal' zombie apocalypse the things tend to rip apart their victims or tear off huge chunks as they feed. These don't do that, as far as we can tell they bite once, deep enough to spread the plague, then let go. I mean, Megu is like twice the size of any of them, if she wanted to bite a girl to death that's what would have happened, instead there's one bite.

Now if the manga contradicts any of this I'd like to know, because I can see them toning things down for television, but otherwise this is the closest thing to a bloodless zombie plague you'd get right now.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

poo poo, they changed things from the manga, didn't they? I'm gonna have to start watching from 10 on.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Kwyndig posted:

The fact that it's a deliberate instead of accidental bioweapon makes a few if the odder things about these zombies make sense, like the fact that they're relatively unmolested (the zombies, not the girls). In a 'normal' zombie apocalypse the things tend to rip apart their victims or tear off huge chunks as they feed. These don't do that, as far as we can tell they bite once, deep enough to spread the plague, then let go. I mean, Megu is like twice the size of any of them, if she wanted to bite a girl to death that's what would have happened, instead there's one bite.

Now if the manga contradicts any of this I'd like to know, because I can see them toning things down for television, but otherwise this is the closest thing to a bloodless zombie plague you'd get right now.

Image in the manga, with clearly missing parts of arms:

That's about as bad as it gets though, IIRC. No crawling torsos.

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007

:(
I won't be surprised if just as Mii returns to the room with the zombie curing medicine, she finds Rii holding her bloodied knife standing over Kurumi's decapitated body.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009

Tarezax posted:

Image in the manga, with clearly missing parts of arms:

That's about as bad as it gets though, IIRC. No crawling torsos.

There's at least one shot in the manga with a crawling torso, during the helicopter crash.

Egoist
Aug 19, 2010

Love myself today
Let you go today
Lipstick Apathy
i went back to see, and on the first page of that chapter there's also a zombie anime tiddy

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
i have gotten someone who is not normally all that anime to watch this show and read the manga in the span of about a day

please refrain from asking me to sign your babies, i know i know the temptation is huge

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Well I finally decided to watch episode 10.

"Generally speaking, things have gone about as far as they can possibly go, when things have gotten about as bad as they can reasonably get."

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Oh god the last episode is called 'Graduation' :cry:

krnhotwings
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Ugh, this episode was depressing... :sadwave:

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Jesus. :qq:

This show is really good.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
You can do it Yuki! Save your friends! :ohdear:

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

lol at Miki only thinking of Taroumaru and only occasionally remembering that Kurumi is loving turning,

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
how is this so good, how did they do it

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Megu-nee is a ghost possessing Yuki and nothing can convince me otherwise.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Mii-kun didn't oneshot that first zombie. Looks like she needs to work her arms out. :colbert:

Artificer fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Sep 18, 2015

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
Bye-bye, Megu-nee... :eng99:

The anime is reaching a level of heartbreaking that's surpassing the manga.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

Sakurazuka posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker
I guess we know two things:

Megu-nee has midichlorians and can appear to force users after freed from this mortal coil.
Yuki is force sensitive but instead of shooting lightning bolts from her hand or throwing the students with force grip she just communes with the dead.

Also, I can't wait for the buddy hijinks of shovel-sempai and baseball bat-kun.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
shovel x baseball bat otp

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Gyra_Solune posted:

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

also i finally had time to catch up on the last three episodes and i have to say it was really heartbreaking. so good. i really like the direction yuki is developing in.

also mii kun should stop obsessing over taroumaru. gently caress that dog.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

You can do it Yuki!

Please Yuki, you can do it.

Man, i know that i'm easily manipulated by stories and i'm completely fine with that; i didn't actually expect to get quite as invested in this particular show though.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

also mii kun should stop obsessing over taroumaru. gently caress that dog.

Yeah, the dog is poo poo and should have been let go at the very start buuuuuuut, he's also a living reminder of her now most likely dead best friend and it makes sense that she wouldn't want to let go.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Gyra_Solune posted:

It's baseball bat x shovel, plebe

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Xelkelvos posted:

It's baseball bat x shovel, plebe

i once took math i dont think the order matters with the x

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Gyra_Solune posted:

Of course it does, one is the... actually, I'm not sure how two genderless inanimate objects are supposed to be romantically involved, although I think shovel might be a guy. We don't know about baseball bat, since Yuki hasn't dream-sequence married it to anyone yet.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Gyra_Solune posted:

It matters when used to ship people/objects together. The first one is the "top" and the second is the "bottom"

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
i mean if you put a baseball bat on top of a shovel it's not going to be very useful, it'll stop being able to dig and will be too heavy and awkward to use for the lack of combat benefits it would have

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

Gyra_Solune posted:

i mean if you put a baseball bat on top of a shovel it's not going to be very useful

Ok, gently caress, we get it. You're not in to romance.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Gyra_Solune posted:

i mean if you put a baseball bat on top of a shovel it's not going to be very useful

You've never played the Dead Rising games, have you?

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

tane

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

They're not going to do Manga Spoiler the helicopter crash, are they? Unless they leave it as a hook for a 2nd season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master

Demicol posted:

They're not going to do Manga Spoiler the helicopter crash, are they? Unless they leave it as a hook for a 2nd season.

If they ended on that as a hook, that would be unbelievably cruel.

• Locked thread