Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sandorius
Nov 13, 2013

Grim Up North posted:

But why would she send a finder to a non-existent location? :ohdear: (Latitude can't be higher than 90, the north pole). But regardless, I was actually hoping that they wouldn't describe where they are, because other humans tend to be more dangerous than zombies.

e: jesus, the video is great

Looks like I messed up the coordinates, they are probably N35.419,E139.645 (the N bit is cut off in the manga and I thought the right vertical of the N was a 1)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

sandorius posted:

Looks like I messed up the coordinates, they are probably N35.419,E139.645 (the N bit is cut off in the manga and I thought the right vertical of the N was a 1)

Huh, some apartments in Yokohama

code:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/35%C2%B025'08.4%22N+139%C2%B038'42.0%22E/@35.4188325,139.6450107,54m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0]
I figured it would be a school or some sort of zombie reference.

squidflakes fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Aug 24, 2015

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
I think that Google link's a little off. More to the northeast, there's a familiar looking area.

Link for info

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
Yeah, that's odd. The coords are right in the address bar, but the pin is in the wrong place. Dammit Google!

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
That's pretty awesome.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

thanks for spoiling the op for the last episode jerk

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

I have never jammed the thumb up button harder.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

AnacondaHL posted:

I have never jammed the thumb up button harder.

I've watched it way too many times now.

Just one more won't hurt then...

e:
~okaeri~

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
The anime seems to be changing a bunch of stuff but it's still keeping the general thread of events the same. I think they're overdoing it a bit on the moe though.

Speaking of which, next episode is the obligatory swimsuit episode, which is totally absent from the manga.

Still no indication of the outside world, I'm slightly disappointed in that

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
There's something distinctly engaging about this show in the way you can interpret the show's premise as being about a bunch of kids trying to survive while taking care of their mentally ill friend.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
So from this episode I'm guessing that the school is an Umbrella facility.

Powerstone
May 30, 2010

What the fuck is this?
I just can't stand this, they are going to wreck that doge, I just know it.

JUST GET IT OVER WITH GOD drat IT!

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
The anime is surprisingly emotionally draining. Ugh. :(

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Powerstone posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGhP3p6lI3U

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Artificer posted:

The anime is surprisingly emotionally draining. Ugh. :(

I know, immediately after watching an episode of this I watch something more light hearted so I won't spend the day in a funk. I recommend Wakaba, although you might get tonal whiplash from that since its also about four moe girls going to school but without the zombie apocalypse angle.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Rescue... rescue isn't coming is it :ohdear:?

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
The sound design made that episode very creepy. I was :stare: through most of it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Phobophilia posted:

This series...it goes places.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Phobophilia posted:

Oh, don't worry, rescue's coming.

Oh dear god is rescue coming...

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
Good lord, the pre-opening scene was enough to make me sad. This really was a bleak episode.

Phobophilia posted:

Their savior has always been there.

Megu-nee is still there... :smith:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
3 new chapters of the manga just got uploaded

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Gakkou-Gurashi

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Manga: Wait, is that little girl real after all?

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

Captain Invictus posted:

Read these without anything outside of the anime up to this point, now I want the anime to go through this part as well.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

InspectorCarbonara posted:

So from this episode I'm guessing that the school is an Umbrella facility.

:stare:

Oh god plot thickened this episode.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

gently caress I wish this was up on Batoto right now, kissmanga's hosting is blocked in China and my proxy program is acting up :negative:

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Serious Frolicking posted:

Manga: Wait, is that little girl real after all?

The college girls don't acknowledge her at all, and she's only mentioned by Yuuki so I think so. Plus there was that conversation in the trailer right after they "found" her. I'm glad there's finally new translations though, they stopped for a long time before the anime even started.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Tarezax posted:

gently caress I wish this was up on Batoto right now, kissmanga's hosting is blocked in China and my proxy program is acting up :negative:

I got it to load.

Haha, they got to play Splatoon. I wonder if they can still connect to the internet? That would be pretty big.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

This series...it goes places.

I had no idea your avatar made an appearance in this series.

Maybe it's time to upgrade!

a kitten fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Aug 30, 2015

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Huh, somehow I never expected that this would have an actual plot.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Powerstone posted:

yeah rip

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
This episode really reminded me of growing up in Florida near an Air Force base. All of the old open-air plan schools in the area had bomb shelters that were sort of buried in the ground but being Florida you can't go down more than a few feet without serious water leakage, so the tops stuck out and where "disguised" by laying some dirt and part of the Driver's Ed. course track over them.

One summer a few friends and I managed to get in to one and it was exactly the sort of cold war paranoia time capsule you'd expect. Lots of surplus Civil Defense equipment, lots of really suspicious canned goods, and lots of misplaced optimism for surviving. The shelter itself had maybe 10 beds with some cots in a little side closet, about 30 days worth of your choice of flavored powder or canned sludge for 10 people, a woefully small combination head/shower/surgery, and a set of survival manuals that started with "Congratulations! If you are reading this, you took the appropriate steps to survive!"

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
New episode is up on CR. There has to be a fan service episode I guess?

Though, I guess the 22 minutes of anime tits were to prepare you for the 2.2 seconds of ripping your loving heart out at the end.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
That was up there with the first episode for "leave it on in the background and wait for interesting audio cues to pay attention"

Something I have to wonder about Taromaru's fate. Generally speaking, zombie outbreaks don't result in infected animals; probably because a world with that kind of super communicable zombie virus is about 5x more dangerous than one where it only effects humans. I mean, they do in Resident Evil, but that's honestly the only series I can think of off the top of my head.

Maybe the anime will reflect this?

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

OnimaruXLR posted:

Something I have to wonder about Taromaru's fate.

The scene as they were wrapping up their fun day of swimsuits seemed to be one of those huge red flags that bad poo poo will be going down.

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Let me fix your avisynth scripts! It'll only take me a couple horus.
I'm surprised no one pointed out that the ending animation's changed again.

I also find it interesting that the roles seem to have been reversed from the manga's 17th chapter, due to Ol' Yeller Taroumaru's extended stardom in the adaptation.

The teacher's apparently going to be responsible for the infection instead of the disposal attempt.
Not that they ever explain how she ever managed to relocate the infected dog in the original. Or how it was finally put down, and by whom.

OnimaruXLR posted:

Something I have to wonder about Taromaru's fate. Generally speaking, zombie outbreaks don't result in infected animals; probably because a world with that kind of super communicable zombie virus is about 5x more dangerous than one where it only effects humans. I mean, they do in Resident Evil, but that's honestly the only series I can think of off the top of my head.

Maybe the anime will reflect this?
Well, they made that whole "mammals only" statement already. And it does seem like infected humans forget how to work door handles, so maybe a dog that can somehow open sliding doors might forget how to do that, too?
Despite the implication that it doesn't affect oviparous creatures, it seems like its spread has been pretty ridiculous anyway.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

So is the episode an anime original and/or worth watching?

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
No idea if its anime original, but it could probably be skipped. There are a couple of minor things discussed, but they aren't super important. Watch the last minute though.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Man next week is going to be a massive bummer when Taromaru gets inevitably zombified, and it seems like they are going to make Megu-nee do it to make it even worse.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

We all knew Taroumaru couldn't hold down that spot in the OP without something horrible happening to him.

I've also been waiting for what will almost certainly happen next episode for a while now. Should be interesting to see how the anime handles it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Demicol posted:

So is the episode an anime original and/or worth watching?

Watch it. There's some character and plot development in here.

So Taroumaru heard another dog howling, right? That's what led him down to the shelter? I'm not sure if that's what it was, or if it was an echo.

• Locked thread