Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
just finished the first episode and i have like, this sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. i think this is fear.

i'm not sure if i want to keep watching

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
actually poo poo, this despair in my chest is not going away, this is why i do not watch zombie animes. what're some good actually-for-real anime moeblob shows so i can be bored into happiness? i've heard good things about non non biyori

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

pointlessone posted:

I've heard good things about Madoka. Cute magical girls with a cute mascot character.

1. magical girl shows are not moeblob shows because things happen which is antithetical to the moeblob formula of "nothing happens"

2. please consume your own self

Leper Residue posted:

yes, you should watch that, I forget if it was the thread title or a post in the thread but 'it is basically chamomile tea in anime form' is very true.

trip report: it's true.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
anyway i'm probably gonna give this show the three-episode test. not to see whether it's good- the first episode was super good- but to see whether the show is so good it can overcome my innate physiological responses of revulsion, sickness, and pain when confronted with despair

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Leper Residue posted:

if the first episode is doing this much to ya, you have got to stick with it, three episodes isn't nearly enough to show off the pain and despair this series has.

though the manga never really reaches 'great' levels.

oh i just mean in general. i am a massive baby when it comes to horror things and stuff because i physically cannot deal with despair like the kind you find in most zombie stories like this, it actually causes me to feel ill and in pain. the end of the first episode both astounded and compelled me because i thought it was awesome, and inspired a dull ache and sickening chill in my chest right beneath my lungs. it's like spicy food!!

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
this episode was actually kinda sweet and I liked it! much less unsettling than the moe uncanny valley of the first episode. not looking forward to when kurumi inevitably bites it tho

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

PerrineClostermann posted:

So how far down the rabbit hole does this go?

this would make yuki the single most badass and competent protagonist in the genre

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

alcharagia posted:

this would make yuki the single most badass and competent protagonist in the genre

like i actually kind of love this theory because it turns this show from a desparate horror story that uses comedy for emotional value into the story of one lady shouting ZOMBIES CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO and having a happy as heck life basically to spite the living dead and this concept amuses me and makes me happy

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
actually yup it's official i love this show it's great i'm gonna watch everyone die and love it

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
If it turns out that Yuki is the only actual real person, I hope the last episode of this show is her, having fallen from her illusions, going totally Dead Rising on the zombies in honor of Kurumi and proving once and for all that a girl's school is her castle

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Megu-nee is a good teacher

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

kater posted:

I feel like I'm constantly wondering what this joke done in HSOTD style would be like.

High School of the Dead is a bad show with a worse art style than this show

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I think this show would be worse in a non-moe art style because the moeness serves as an effective contrast to the grim and grittiness of the actual zombie content. Also, High School of the Dead is a bad show.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
This extremely depressing show makes me very happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

.Clash posted:

Getting annoyed with this adaptation. Why is it going out of its way to take so much from what Yuki's character is supposed to be, do and her position in the group.

Is... she supposed to not be the ironic pillar of normalcy in this hosed up world?

• Locked thread