Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
This is either a metaphor for relentless positivity in the face of adversity, or a metaphor for the decision to never abandon friends even after they have lost their god drat minds and have become a liability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Walking outside, breaking barriers, attracting attention from outside, or getting turned by something they couldn't see. These are all possibilities.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
See, I knew of the twist, so my concern while watching the show was: Will the twist be pointless? Will the twist be hideously overwrought and exploitative? Well, it is somewhat overwrought, but not intolerably so. And the core theme thus far, a decision to never abandon a friend even after they become a liability, is an interesting one. It works on multiple levels. It is entirely consistent with the moe aesthetic. And it is a deliberate contrast to other pieces of zombie media, where character immediately start infighting and jettisoning unreliable individuals.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

PerrineClostermann posted:

So how far down the rabbit hole does this go?

I hope this isn't the case. Once you get into LITERALLY NOTHING HAPPENING ON SCREEN IS TRUE territory, all grounding goes out the window, all stakes become meaningless.

To me, this is a story about a bunch of people with protecting and maintaining faith in their crazy friend, in the face of hopeless adversity. I would have ejected Yuki, but that's because I am a coward who leans towards taking the easily rationalised path.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Rescue... rescue isn't coming is it :ohdear:?

• Locked thread