Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Shovel is the best gakkou gurashi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
I think it's a bit clearer than it was in the manga that Kurumi has a sort of delusional coping mechanism of her own, it's just more useful for survival than Yuki's and only kicks in when needed.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Now the thread can start looking a little less like a bar code.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
The weathering is one thing, but the windows are probably at least partially attributable to the widespread fighting during the early-mid phases of the outbreak where people would have been swinging around things like chairs to try and fend off zombies.

I think it's been somewhere between a few weeks and a couple months since the outbreak.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Sakurazuka posted:

That wasn't as depressing as I expected. Did that look like Kei when they were leaving at the end?
Yes.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

OnimaruXLR posted:

There were little dumb plot things that annoyed me too, like ... or the fact the zombies were beaten by a heartfelt plea about how great high school is ISN'T IT SO GREAT YOU GUYS I LOVE BEING A HIGH SCHOOL KID IN JAPAN ANYTHING ELSE IS BASICALLY LIKE BEING A ZOMBIE ANYWAY RIGHT!?!?!
I think this is misunderstanding what happened a bit. It had already been established that the zombies retain some of their more deeply ingrained habitual behavior, especially regarding where they travel. That's why we saw Kei finally return to the school at the very end. The zombie students didn't leave because of a heartfelt plea, they left because there was an announcement and the "go home" music started playing, which triggered their dimly-recalled cue to leave the school. The sentimentality was for the benefit of the living.

The anime did sand off a lot of the sharper edges, though. Kurumi barely shoveled anyone, aside from the rush to the car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I meant to watch this, but never got around to it. As someone who generally keeps up with what's translated of the manga, is it worth my while?

There will almost certainly be changes you'll think are for the worse, but yes. Also watch the OP each time.

• Locked thread