Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
I went in to the show blind while trying to find things to tide me over till the next My Love Story episode.

Holy poo poo...

The first reveal was a complete surprise. I figured something was up because of the way the short haired girl was acting but right at the end... all that blood.
Megu-nee I figured out pretty quick.

Annnnyway, the ending title sequence for episode 7 kind of hosed me with me because it heavily implied they were all dead (laying in odd positions, the white blossoms falling in through a ruined roof, then the cut as the bodies are gone but blood stained mementos of the girls remain) and the whole thing with the balloons flying away seemed like a really fitting end. If the series just stopped right here, I'd be pissed because I want to see more, but it would also be relatively kick rear end.

Anyone know what it says on the ruined chalk board at the end of the ending credits?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

Command Ant posted:

Graduating together.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

sandorius posted:

Looks like I messed up the coordinates, they are probably N35.419,E139.645 (the N bit is cut off in the manga and I thought the right vertical of the N was a 1)

Huh, some apartments in Yokohama

code:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/35%C2%B025'08.4%22N+139%C2%B038'42.0%22E/@35.4188325,139.6450107,54m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0]
I figured it would be a school or some sort of zombie reference.

squidflakes fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Aug 24, 2015

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
Yeah, that's odd. The coords are right in the address bar, but the pin is in the wrong place. Dammit Google!

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
This episode really reminded me of growing up in Florida near an Air Force base. All of the old open-air plan schools in the area had bomb shelters that were sort of buried in the ground but being Florida you can't go down more than a few feet without serious water leakage, so the tops stuck out and where "disguised" by laying some dirt and part of the Driver's Ed. course track over them.

One summer a few friends and I managed to get in to one and it was exactly the sort of cold war paranoia time capsule you'd expect. Lots of surplus Civil Defense equipment, lots of really suspicious canned goods, and lots of misplaced optimism for surviving. The shelter itself had maybe 10 beds with some cots in a little side closet, about 30 days worth of your choice of flavored powder or canned sludge for 10 people, a woefully small combination head/shower/surgery, and a set of survival manuals that started with "Congratulations! If you are reading this, you took the appropriate steps to survive!"

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
New episode is up on CR. There has to be a fan service episode I guess?

Though, I guess the 22 minutes of anime tits were to prepare you for the 2.2 seconds of ripping your loving heart out at the end.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

OnimaruXLR posted:

Something I have to wonder about Taromaru's fate.

The scene as they were wrapping up their fun day of swimsuits seemed to be one of those huge red flags that bad poo poo will be going down.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
No idea if its anime original, but it could probably be skipped. There are a couple of minor things discussed, but they aren't super important. Watch the last minute though.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

Antitonic posted:

One thing that's bothered me: I can't recall if either source has explicitly said how long it's been from the beginning of everything until now, but how is everything so damaged? It almost looks like it's been years judging by some of the buildings. Like, every window in the school looks to be broken, the exterior walls are cracked, and the mall's sign is in pieces. Was there also an earthquake or something? Seems like a pretty crappy week.

I've wondered the same things. The amount of weathering on the structures we're seeing in the series would take decades, not months.

My feeling is that the animators just looked at reference pictures of bombed out and long abandoned buildings, not recently abandoned buildings.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

also mii kun should stop obsessing over taroumaru. gently caress that dog.

Yeah, the dog is poo poo and should have been let go at the very start buuuuuuut, he's also a living reminder of her now most likely dead best friend and it makes sense that she wouldn't want to let go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

Gyra_Solune posted:

i mean if you put a baseball bat on top of a shovel it's not going to be very useful

Ok, gently caress, we get it. You're not in to romance.

• Locked thread