Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
The true test is whether the gimmick will manage to be interesting past the first episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

depends on A. how close they stick to the manga and B. whether you consider what was most of the first episode the gimmick or the ending

By gimmick I mean the mc girl living in her own world inside her head. It made for a great bait-and-switch intro to the show, but that's a one-use opportunity.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Tarezax posted:

Just going by the manga, you don't ever see the world through that girl's delusional eyes again, IIRC.

Hmm. I'll give it 3 episodes, but the next couple episodes better introduce something interesting to replace the gimmick or it's not gonna work out.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Gawain The Blind posted:

I like the stuff in the background. Also, a rewatch changes a bunch of things in the first episode, like the uncomfortable looks from the younger girl.

:stare:

Holy poo poo I totally missed it. That is brilliant.

• Locked thread