Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darox
Nov 10, 2012

alcharagia posted:

Is... she supposed to not be the ironic pillar of normalcy in this hosed up world?

My impression from the manga was that the one who is closest to a mental breakdown is actually Yuri, and Yuki is acting how she is to keep Yuri sane as much as herself.

Which doesn't seem to be how the anime is handling it at the moment, but that might change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Trihugger posted:

There is a lot of talk about who and what is real so I guess this is some more speculation in that vein. Remember what Miki said about Yuri and Yuki's relationship being a co-dependency? Well, with Yuki getting more capable, I think Yuri started looking for someone else to take care of. She needs to take care of someone helpless. I don't think Yuri ever had a sister. She made her up in a delusional stupor.

Even more manga spoilers:
I think her having a sister is probably a real thing, but I don't think the little girl she found is real. There are some telling remarks, like noone else hearing the voice when searching or their reactions when they find Yuri taking her out of the school, but the most damming evidence is that she's dressed like the teddy bear Yuki left behind.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

One of the lesser known side effects of zombification is delinquency, causing them to throw rocks at windows and spray blood on the ceiling.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

I am a little sad that one thing got changed from the manga. Instead of Taroumaru being lost, Kurumi checks it out because Miki found the emergency guide by herself and pointed out all the supplies down there. So when she gets bit Yuri starts blaming Miki, the newcomer who ruined everything. That tension and Miki's attempt at redemption by going for the medicine alone was great.

On the other hand this alternative with significantly more :shibe: is also pretty good.

• Locked thread