Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Mentally broken girl is the only one left.

Delusions via PTSD seems like a very realistic thing that could happen.

Taromaru seems to have a nose for the undead though. Maybe its distaste for Short Hair girl is foreshadowing something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

I am not sure what this is trying to point out. Although I've only gotten past episode one so far.

I really hope this series plays up the middle of the (Moeblob Slice-of-Life) ∪ (Horror Zombie Apocalypse) Venn diagram, because it's not very notable otherwise. Relying too much on one set or the other makes it lose everything interesting about the setup.

A lot of series like this definitely lives or dies by how much they straddle the line between one or the other. Upotte ended falling a little to much on the guns side of its balance and probably an untold number of Moe SoLs that sorta forgot about its other half. The worst thing though is if it runs off of the rails or starts oscillating wildly between its two halves like C3-bu.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Edward IV posted:

The OP is absolutely brilliant with the juxtaposition of the upbeat and cheerful song and slice of life elements with zombies and the zombie apocalypse. The title scene panning to and scene elements transitioning to the zombies is my favorite.

Sky :sun:
Clock tower :)
Stained walls :raise:
Broken windows :stare:
Zombies :wtf: :stonk:

I haven't seen such a bait and switch since Shadowstar NaruTaru

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
There are times during the moments of levity that make me feel like this is series is what would happen if the girls from GochiUsa were dropped into a zombie apocalypse
Yuki -> Cocoa
Kurumi -> Rize
Yuri -> Chiya
Miki -> Chino

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

pointlessone posted:

This show is surprisingly compelling, I'm glad I gave it the 3 episode test. I assumed it was just going to be pretty generic after the big bait and switch, but it's staying solid.

All of the moe just make them more endearing and makes the viewer worry more about their fates (unless they absolutely hate moe characters then it just whets the desire for their grisly fate

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Yuki has the Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder in the worst way.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I have so many mixed emotions from this series. On the one hand, the light-hearted moe touches me in my kokoro while Yuki's PTSD basically makes me feel horrible for her every time it comes up.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Tarezax posted:

I suppose it could be useful, if you wanted to tie down enemy forces to the area clearing out zombies, enforcing quarantine, and protecting survivors because you don't have the forces to take over and occupy it conventionally.

This version of the zombie plague seems to cause zombification fairly quickly (a matter of hours for a small bite wound, perhaps even minutes for seriously mauled individuals) so risk of infected refugees escaping the area before turning seems low. Japan might be seriously affected but the wider world should be fine...

The beginnings of the outbreak weren't all that fleshed out afaict, so it's not clear if it's one individual or a few or more who were affected and then began to zombify suddenly or something.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Anime only bad end. Only one survives and gets rescued. That's what I'm wagering.

I need to watch something more uplifting. Like Ranpo Kitan and it serial killers.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Gyra_Solune posted:

shovel x baseball bat otp

It's baseball bat x shovel, plebe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Gyra_Solune posted:

i once took math i dont think the order matters with the x

It matters when used to ship people/objects together. The first one is the "top" and the second is the "bottom"

• Locked thread