Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I was looking forward to this show since I first heard of it and its premise a few weeks ago. I'm digging it so far, it'll be interesting to see just how far Yuki is willing to go to maintain her delusion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I marathoned the manga last night, and based on the first episode they've really moved the timing of things around quite a bit, at least more than most animes which tend to take the first 1-2 issues of the manga and use them mostly unmodified. It'll be interesting to see how it shakes down.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Good, I need the story to continue!

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Cake Attack posted:

i don't care much about spoilers, so i'm not really mad, but you should probably tag whether you're talking about manga spoilers or most recent episode spoilers

Good looking out, Takeo.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Hagop posted:

OK just watched all the currently available eps, here is my theory, Megumi Sakura and Yuki Takeya are the same person. Megumi lost her poo poo at some point and regressed into a child hood mental state who thinks she is having a grand old time at school. The adult persona only pops up when she needs to do something to keep herself or the group alive. Thats why they both have pink hair, why Yuki has a different uniform, why they send Yuki after Megumi stuff, and why the older girls seem to respect the advice or suggestions that come from Megumi when Yuki relays them.

That's a really crazy theory, and I'm mad that I never thought of it before.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Hagop posted:

Yah, I kinda feel like I am overestimating the show, and its going to turn out to be the much more predicable Megumi is dead and Yuki can't let her go.

*edit:

I feel like that was all just Megumi/Yuki broken remembrance of advents. Their was no special snowflake moeblob in Megumi's class and she was just going to the roof after school for other reasons(like to panic about if she is or is not cutout to be a teacher). This is certainly the weakest part of the theory, but they have shown a characters views of advents are not necessarily correct.

Yep, if this theory were true I would expect that Yuki was a girl in Megumi's class, and after all the poo poo went down Megumi broke down and assumed a childlike "Yuki" personality. I'd add in something like Yuki being Megumi's younger sister and dying in front of Megumi to properly trigger a full breakdown. I'm sure that Megumi's dead and Yuki is just hallucinating her, but this makes for a fun "what if" situation to me. It also manages to be even more messed up, which I didn't think was possible, because a fully grown adult teacher reverting to a little kid and refusing to acknowledge the reality around herself would be a serious weight on the group. That's another big hole in the theory for me, Yuki cheers up the group often, and I can't imagine they'd be made happy by seeing the only surviving adult, who's supposed to be leading them and looking out for them, running off to classrooms to teach herself math while they gather supplies and keep the area secure.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Tastes like survival!

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

McDragon posted:

Also hit me with a spoiler someone who knows, does the dog die?

I'd say the dog's odds of survival are as good as a black man's in a horror movie. Or most movies, really.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

The black guy usually survives in Romero movies though (if anyone does).

My personal favorite Romero death is the black guy living through the zombie attack in night of the living dead and then dying because humanity is the true evil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

My guess is that the dog will sacrifice itself nobly for the group. It'll raise an alarm and charge at some zombies and die, but the girls would have been completely blindsided if he hadn't, something like that.

• Locked thread