Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

PerrineClostermann posted:

So how far down the rabbit hole does this go?

I am not sure what this is trying to point out. Although I've only gotten past episode one so far.

I really hope this series plays up the middle of the (Moeblob Slice-of-Life) ∪ (Horror Zombie Apocalypse) Venn diagram, because it's not very notable otherwise. Relying too much on one set or the other makes it lose everything interesting about the setup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Well, caught up with ep 3, and so far, so good. It doesn't seem horribly unbalanced between one or the other, but then again, I'm not a fan of moe, so maybe others will see it differently. Would love to see how crazy it can get by straddling that border.

EDIT: Caught up with the manga translations. Very crazy. Let's hope the early episodes aren't indicative of a massive rework. Although, there's no way they'll cover enough ground in 12 episodes...

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Jul 24, 2015

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I don't know if the tone of the moe/slice of life sections translated well to the anime. In the manga, I never interpreted those sections as bubbly and energetic, quite the opposite really - certainly not dark and brooding, but definitely with some degree of sadness and depression, and it didn't forget that it was in the middle of a zombie apocalypse. Here, the zany poo poo could be transplanted anywhere else and wouldn't feel out of place, and I think that's a bad sign.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

poo poo, they changed things from the manga, didn't they? I'm gonna have to start watching from 10 on.

• Locked thread