Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
Surely everybody knows that there's a FOOTBALL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP tournament taking place at Canton, Ohio just about now.

From a over the world, from every major gridiron football country, some of which have literally hundreds of people who have ever played football, a careful selection process of "can you afford to buy your own gear and a plane ticket to the US" has chosen the start-studded all-star teams to face other countries in a true World Championship. Also, there are some dudes from NCAA representing the USA.

Schedule (actual page has score spoilers)

The games are broadcast on ESPN3 and streamed live:
http://ifafworldchampionship.org/watch-live

South Korea vs Australia
https://youtu.be/VnSsfV-IYBk?t=7m33s

Brazil vs France
https://youtu.be/VnSsfV-IYBk?t=3h50m43s

Mexico vs USA
https://youtu.be/VnSsfV-IYBk?t=9h17m24s

The games are played by NCAA rules, except with 12 minute quarters, the fact that everybody is terrible at football, and the matchups/schemes are occasionally hilarious.

pigdog fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jul 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Oh god that Korean toss sweep

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
USA vs. Mexico sounds halfway decent. Mexico has a surprisingly robust amateur football culture.

EDIT: Those goddamn crowds

Mel Mudkiper fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jul 10, 2015

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

Three minutes into SK vs AU and there hasn't been a single play that isn't hilarious

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
The first play for USA vs. Mexico that they show is a 50+ yard return that ends on the returner tripping over his own feet when he tries to switch carrying hands and getting a Bulldog

this loving rules

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

I mean you would think that international teams would at least be good at kicking but everything is a squib

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Elotana posted:

I mean you would think that international teams would at least be good at kicking but everything is a squib

Mexico unsurprisingly is really good at it

EDIT: Wobbly bullet pass into double coverage for an INT. This is like that Breaking Madden when he sets everything to 1

Mel Mudkiper fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jul 10, 2015

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

Elotana posted:

Three minutes into SK vs AU and there hasn't been a single play that isn't hilarious

This is completely true, that first drive was gold. I love the idea of calling a Wide Receiver screen pass from your own 1 yard line.

Hahahaha, the ensuing punt was great as well (just watched it as I typed this post).

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
South Korea is uhh... not good.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

So far the only thing that is working for either team is plain runs up the middle. They will have a run to pick up some decent yards, then do something stupid like an end-around or, even worse, try and pass the ball down field.

I

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Awesome KR by USA

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Havoc904 posted:

So far the only thing that is working for either team is plain runs up the middle. They will have a run to pick up some decent yards, then do something stupid like an end-around or, even worse, try and pass the ball down field.

I

If I had a team with no real football skills I'm pretty sure I would call runs up the middle every time. Just tell 9 guys to push dudes as hard as they can and hope a hole opens up for the ball carrier.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Coworker came over to my desk to find out why I'm laughing so hard I'm almost crying, and now we've got a small crowd watching SK vs Australia, so much for getting anything done today.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I love how turnover insane USA vs. Mexico is.

It's not even the defense being good. Its the offense being amazingly awful.

A WR tricked his own QB into throwing into coverage.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Some of these plays are like a 6 year old just randomly picking poo poo on Madden. Korea just did a a goal line formation with a quarterback sneak on 2nd and 10 on their own side of the field.

They actually ended up picking up 4 yards, with the quarterback subsequently fumbling a snap on 3rd and 6.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

How dare they only do this once every four years

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
Made some gifs from SK - AU game

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:
I know what I'm doing this weekend

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

turbomoose posted:

I know what I'm doing this weekend

Drinking and crying?

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
I really want to see the winners of the tournament face off against the 2008 Lions

I guess I'd settle for the 2014 Titans, Raiders, or Bucs\

e; What're the eligibility requirements? Is there an age limit?

Dramatika fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jul 10, 2015

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.

Dramatika posted:

I really want to see the winners of the tournament face off against the 2008 Lions

I guess I'd settle for the 2014 Titans, Raiders, or Bucs\

e; What're the eligibility requirements? Is there an age limit?

Just have to be an amateur.

The roster for Team USA appears to be made up of the best just graduated college players who did not make a professional team on any level, including camp invites, Arena or CFL.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
France actually played something that looked like football. This is unexpected!

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Imagine this, except even worse. That's what I spend my weekends watching. Three weeks ago we set up for 3rd and 53.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
This owns

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I am still amazed a four-year showdown of teams from around the globe can barely fit 25% of Canton, Ohio's stadium when the USA is playing

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Trin Tragula posted:

Imagine this, except even worse. That's what I spend my weekends watching. Three weeks ago we set up for 3rd and 53.
listen fucker if your dumbass QB just got himself sacked twice in a row it's practically your obligation to false-start a few times

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

More like 25-yard loss on snap over QB's head, followed by a chop block...

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
New gameday is underway with the worst teams starting.... sadly there's no livestream for rest-of-the-world that I could see :(

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
They really need to stop showing the wide pan out of the entire stadium. D3 football games are more well attended and better played.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Sitting here with my Ipad watching some bad loving football

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Oil! posted:

They really need to stop showing the wide pan out of the entire stadium. D3 football games are more well attended and better played.

Its amazing to me because even if everyone's parents came the crowd would be bigger

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

IFAF posted:

Ticket Pricing:

General: $ 10.00

Military: $ 5.00

Senior: $5.00

Student: $5.00

Children 5 and Under – Free

All Event Pass (includes all games) : $ 35.00

Maybe they are charging too much for terrible no good football.

Though France has that one good fast player.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

You know how America always underwhelms at Soccer in the WC because all of our best athletes play other sports?

This is the inverse.

EDIT: Wow the French QB is... diplomatically speaking... not very good

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Mel Mudkiper posted:

You know how America always underwhelms at Soccer in the WC because all of our best athletes play other sports?

This is the inverse.

EDIT: Wow the French QB is... diplomatically speaking... not very good

it's not like it matters with how much better they are than australia in general

which is weird considering all the aussie rules players. I guess Algeria gives the french a crootin' advantage

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
Found some streams

"official" stream (which looks crappy and laggy for me)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP0Nb_xolqQ

lovely illegal stream with ads and crap, but good quality if you get past them
http://www.gofeed2all.eu/watch/356282/1/watch-australia-vs-france.html

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
While I wasn't expecting NFL calibre play, I really thought their punter would be able to do better than a 20 yard shank out of bounds.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Zurreco posted:

While I wasn't expecting NFL calibre play, I really thought their punter would be able to do better than a 20 yard shank out of bounds.

Arizona's backup punter is in this?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
the five people in attendance are thrilled with france's 80+ yard td run

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

TubeStank posted:

the five people in attendance are thrilled with france's 80+ yard td run

That was a brutal play for Australia's morale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
If London gets an NFL team imo we have to give one to France too

every team needs a rival that gives a poo poo about beating them

• Locked thread