Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
If they would get rid of that janky transition animation between replays, they would probably be able to show these great plays happening in real time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
oh huh dylan favre is brett's nephew

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

oh lol
watch him die here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuN0kpB-SnU

wish he died for wearing this shirt

EDIT oh god this comment on the article that i found that shirt picture on i'm dying of laughter

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Ahaha

"Japan is down 36 to 10 with 3 minutes to go, but they do have 2 timeouts!"

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
Brilliant camera work on that touchdown.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
We are going to go this entire tournament without a single competitive game huh

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

that was a nice onside kick

then lol pick right away

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Mel Mudkiper posted:

We are going to go this entire tournament without a single competitive game huh

I mean, I'm interested in Japan vs France

America vs everybody, this is as close as it's gonna get probably

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Mel Mudkiper posted:

He looked profoundly indifferent

So, you know, French

was he limpy holding a cigarette when he said it

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Sash! posted:

was he limpy holding a cigarette when he said it

The offense walks off the field, removing their helmets to reveal their berets

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

TubeStank posted:

oh lol
watch him die here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuN0kpB-SnU

wish he died for wearing this shirt

EDIT oh god this comment on the article that i found that shirt picture on i'm dying of laughter

IFAF Football World Championship 2015: This Man Hoggin' Game Strong

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
Oh hey, it's GAME DAY again. Anybody got a link to a stream? :)

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

pigdog posted:

Oh hey, it's GAME DAY again. Anybody got a link to a stream? :)

ESPN3?

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
It requires some sort of cable provider credentials even if you have a VPN to the US, doesn't it?

edit: http://www.gofeed2all.eu/watch/356688/1/watch-australia-vs-brazil.html if you have no other way of watching

edit2: lol Brazil has +7 yards of total offense in Q1

pigdog fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jul 15, 2015

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I cannot imagine how bad Brazil must have been for Australia to beat them

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
Australia just ran over them with their 5'10, 267lb RB.

Meanwhile, Japan has a 46-year-old player. :eyepop:

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
Me: japan's team in the ifaf has a 46 year old player o-o
2 mins ago

Friend: don't count him out!
that man is surely driven by a powerful love

Me:
the stirring, emotional end of the tournament is he charges the US offensive line in slow motion to sweet music and is honorably gunned down
when he is informed of his death the president of japan cries a single tear and orders the creation of NFL Japan

Friend: "They are all.... perfect" *cross-tackled*

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler
Bigger crowds today for this important US vs France match.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
this must be what watching the bay of pigs was like

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
I'm trying to figure out how you could make this more fair for the non USA teams... Like only allow the US to recruit players that are 35 years old or older, having never played professionally.

The US would still probably dominate...

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

kayakyakr posted:

I'm trying to figure out how you could make this more fair for the non USA teams... Like only allow the US to recruit players that are 35 years old or older, having never played professionally.

The US would still probably dominate...

let old retired NFL players who think they can still go become dual citizens

Ocho would become Mexican so fast

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

God drat France.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Mr. Despair posted:

God drat France.

I just did a literal spittake at the score

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Roope Noronen

That is a hell of a name

EDIT: Ahahaha they were kicked out of their original venue and had to desperately reschedule for Canton

Mel Mudkiper fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jul 16, 2015

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler

Mel Mudkiper posted:

EDIT: Ahahaha they were kicked out of their original venue and had to desperately reschedule for Canton

That's why the stadium is nearly empty, right? Stockholm is a much better American Football city.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
I was like, "should I stay awake to watch the USA - France game? Let me see the stream" and the score was 19-0 in the middle of 1st quarter.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler
Another brilliant crowd to see who are the 5th and 6th best national teams in American Football.

With a straight face, one of the announcers said that if Australia wins this game and gets 5th place, it will really boost the interest in American Football there because 5th place in this tournament is a very strong showing.

Oil! fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jul 18, 2015

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Oil! posted:

Another brilliant crowd to see who are the 5th and 6th best national teams in American Football.

With a straight face, one of the announcers said that if Australia wins this game and gets 5th place, it will really boost the interest in American Football there because 5th place in this tournament is a very strong showing.

That's sad. If it wasn't for this tournament being held in the summer, I'd say they should do it in Texas. Round this time, we're pretty starving for any sort of football down here. But ugh, summer football in Texas.

I guess they could do it in the domes, but do they keep the AC on in those things?

e: these helmets area mostly really boring. Australia has the right idea, but you can't tell that that is a kangaroo without looking really closely. Everyone else is shamefully boring.

kayakyakr fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jul 18, 2015

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
This game just went awesome. Just had a pick by Australia then he pitched it, rugby-like to a guy that ran it in. yay Australia!

Then they had a high snap on the XP that wound up being a failed "fake"

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler
The announcer just flat out confused South Korea and Japan because I guess they all look alike or something to him?

After scoring a touchdown and going up 40-14, a blown snap on the extra point led to the holder running to pick up the ball. He ran the ball forward, went to jump the defender and got hit about another foot into the air and into the endzone.

Oil! fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jul 18, 2015

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Mexico/France is on. Mexico's helmets win the tournament, they are awesome.

Less than a minute into the game, Mexico is up by 6. France might get curb stomped, again.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Oil! posted:

The announcer just flat out confused South Korea and Japan because I guess they all look alike or something to him?

After scoring a touchdown and going up 40-14, a blown snap on the extra point led to the holder running to pick up the ball. He ran the ball forward, went to jump the defender and got hit about another foot into the air and into the endzone.

rip

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Mexico is starting to find their pace. Kinda shocked that France is playing so poorly now.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

Zurreco posted:

Mexico is starting to find their pace. Kinda shocked that France is playing so poorly now.

losing by more than 80 points can do a lot to your morale

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Holy poo poo

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler

I think that the holder was the backup quarterback. His glove that was in the waistband looks like the South Korean guy punched through his stomach.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Oil! posted:

Somewhere Sage Rosenfels just felt a tingle and he doesn't know why.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler
We did it! The USA beat the rest of the world at American Football!

USA! USA! USA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04854XqcfCY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R5A0pg4oN8

Oil! fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jul 19, 2015

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Oil! posted:

We did it! The USA beat the rest of the world at American Football!

USA! USA! USA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04854XqcfCY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R5A0pg4oN8

Who was that dude saying that it was dumb that super bowl Champs call themselves world champs? Link that idiot this thread tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Zurreco posted:

Kinda shocked that France is playing so poorly now.

Given all the military-based slang in football, France probably got confused and thought they were supposed to be demoralized and mutinous.

• Locked thread