Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

just picked up dark souls remastered for PC, baby's first soulsborne. figured i'd finally check them out since elden ring's coming and it looks sick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

started earthbound again now that it's on switch. life's good

gave up on dark souls for now, not in the mood for a crazy death march at the moment but will prob go back to it eventually, it's really gratifying when you finally get past a tough screen or boss.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Bicyclops posted:

i'm probably going to try to play it for like a half an hour sometime on monday just to join the conversation. i wish game club had started last year.

same

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

scrabble

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

played local 4 player smash for a bit now we're playing scrabble again

gonna grind out a couple levels in earthbound later probably

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

just got to jeff in earthbound. think this is about where i left off last time i started this game. i may have overleveled ness a bit before getting to threed but i imagine that will even itself out soon

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

finishing this when i get home later. and more earthbound after that

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

symbolic posted:

tally another imp playing Chrono Trigger for the first time. started it in a bit of a drunken haze last night, gorgeous so far.

enjoy! it really is as good as everyone says it is, and you don't need to grind much at all if you fight strategically.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Fungah! posted:

i'm pretty sure you dont have to grind at all in chrono trigger

i usually grind a bit when i get to the hunting grounds to get gear + extra stuff to sell but yeah it's really not a game you need to grind in. very well balanced.

mbt posted:

And whatever you do dont play the ds endgame stuff

this is good advice

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

ArfJason posted:

Unpopular opinion: Bumpy Ralph Has a Jolly Time for the amstrad was much better than Gobby Eats a Bunger despite only half of its dev team featuring on the sex offender registry.

ArfJason posted:

Tjat reminds me a couple days ago i caused a guy in games to melt down because i threatened to call dizzy egg a pedophile

lmfao

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Fungah! posted:

man while were talkin food, my buddy got me into these

and they're the best poo poo on earth. pure joy.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

the bold salt & vinegar are my fav. could easily finish a tin cleanly.

both of these and smokehouse ftw

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

i was friends with a guy in high school who used to routinely do what he called a "double decker" where he'd eat a full large combo meal at mcdonalds and then order and eat another full combo meal from the taco bell across the street in sequence

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Puts on my smoking jacket and retires to the reading room for the evening.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

symbolic posted:

i've had a massive craving for these lately, they're mad good

they're all so good. voodoo heat, evil eye, spicy crawtaters

finished ninja gaiden iii, gonna play some tetris. i've been enjoying this romhack of GB tetris that adds modern stuff like hard drops, holds and ghost pieces. fun to play on the little anbernic handheld

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/5813/

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

lmao

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Arrhythmia posted:

Going to sit back and enjoy Birthday Chrono trigger (it's president's day in america. don't flame me)

hbd

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

might dig in to Mystic Towers when i get home, otherwise probably just more Earthbound for me

i played through most of the original Ninja Gaiden this weekend after beating III but i gave up on the final boss like a baby. the final stage in that game is insane.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

elf help book posted:

you have to wait until 2/23

That Little Demon posted:

thank you, I didn't want him to get permabanned for infractions

yeah almost jumped the gun thanks. wouldn't want to get banned from the best forum

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

i haven't played a lot of atlus games tho so pretend the shirt says "NINTENDO"

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

lmao

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Quarterroys posted:

Earthbound, just made it to Fourside

I’d call it one of my favorite parts of the game, but the whole game is so good all the way through its really hard to pick

Coffee break still hits so good every time

:hai:

just got to the coffee break last night. this is the furthest i've gotten in earthbound. it's so good

i think i accidentally skipped lilliput steps and have to backtrack though lol

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Quarterroys posted:

When i first played the game as a kid, i kept getting owned by the boss before lilliput since Paula was low leveled and kept dying

It didnt occur to me to grind, so i would skip it and come back later on after getting Jeff and wreck him lol

yeah went back and stomped the mole quite easily lol

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

took the day off and went to Galloping Ghost arcade with my brother, played a ton of classics. lots of Marble Madness, Atari Tetris, Double Dragon, Punch-Out, Bubble Bobble, Dig Dig... many others. also tons of stuff i've never played or even seen before. this place loving owns.

sad things:

- they have TGM 1 but not 2. they do have Magical Tetris Challenge though which is good.

- the Monkey Ball machine was down ("missing GD-ROM"), was looking forward to playing it after seeing fungah's posts

- there is apparently a Japanese Left 4 Dead arcade cabinet with a weird Wii nunchuck for one controller and a Razer mouse for the other lol

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

finally after all these years we have beaten the loving Simpsons game

great day

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Time Crisis ftw

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

In Training posted:

Ultimate Doom Builder and quaaludes.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

more earthbound although i'm at the part where you fight 5 moles and getting kinda sick of the dungeon

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

sustained a gamer injury this evening (got high and ate most of abag of Zapps Voodoo chips and feel sick) so prob need to rest before i game up more

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

gently caress no

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

playing "What the Golf"

it's a cute little game

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

haven't played earthbound all week so probably that. finished beating the moles in the desert cave but not sure how to finish triggering the event to make the miner find the gold.

still working through 100%ing 'what the golf' but getting kinda bored with it. the gimmicky levels that reference other games are pretty fun.

should probably go back and finish 100%ing yoshi's island too. i checked out at the special stage in world 4, the big maze. went through it twice without a guide and ended up with 19 red coins at the end one time, and 4/5 flowers the other. loving nightmare level.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

ArfJason posted:

Been playing ULTRAKILL, and its probably my favorite of the New Blood releases so far. i already feel like the most fun part of quake is constantly quickswitching between weapons while moving at 5000mph so doing that and adding a style meter seems like the logical next step

played the demo after reading this post and it loving rules

first time i've gotten really into playing an fps in a long time, it's very addictive

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

mega man 1

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

picking up Kirby tomorrow

watching world record speedrun videos in the meantime;

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

enjoying kirby

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

probably original series mega man games, played through 1 and 2 a couple weeks ago. every few years I'll play through 1-7 and X1-X6, or as many as I can get through before I'm bored.

maybe I'll go for 8-11 and the later X games this year.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Have the day off today and it’s my birthday weekend so gonna try to finish a Tokimemo run before the deadline tonight

happy bday weekend!

That only means one thing... BRING IT IN, GUYS!!!

*every reference from every movie, tv show, game and simpsons episode come in with everything for an APT and FUNNY Pablo post*

The fourth wall has shattered...

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

for great dumps, drink more water and eat more "good" fat and fiber. psyllium husk works well and it comes in capsule form

That Little Demon posted:

I fixed this by just having diarrhea all the time from an "all chip" diet

this works too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

coffee and weed and Mega Man 4