Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
dad rising 2 co op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
samurai game, aka way of the samurai 4

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i conquered an army of samurais with an army of peasants plinking at their island fortress with lovely bows

shogun 2 is the kind of game a human being nerd plays on friday nights

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i haven't played any of the Ys games and probably won't for a while, but what is a good one to start with?

ys 1, ancient isu vanished

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
eo4 has a lot of quality of life poo poo that eo1-3 don't. if you wanna try 1 and 2, there are the untold remakes on the 3ds too. they have such improvements as "beat optional bosses to raise the level cap," which is a huge change from "to raise the level cap, get to 70, retire the character (resetting their level to 30) to raise the cap to 71, get to 71, retire the character to raise the cap to 72, and so on until you hit the level cap of 99, then retire them one more time to get the extra skill point"

eo3 is more or less on eo4's level but it has problems with og ds menu design and a lot of players have a hard time going back to it

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Aug 21, 2015

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
[tell] me how to deal with realm divide in shogun 2

actually no i lie, i'm fuckin blazed so maybe i need something cruise like grandia 1 in preparation for grandia 2's imminent steam release. i can't command your army tonight

rediscover posted:

You right, Super Mario World 2 isn't a Mario game. You true.

because in nippon it isn't called super mario world 2, they added that to give it brand appeal in the west
:goonsay:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

lesbian baphomet posted:

Prepare and make sure your economy can hold up without Trade; either have a godlike navy (cannons or huge numbers) or don't bother having a navy; be ready to take & hold Kyoto as soon as realm divide happens; feel free to stall and let other dominant factions expand, this makes them easier to undermine with agents once you are at war; if you're playing on a difficulty higher than normal, make sure you can defend your backfield coastal cities from boat invasions.

thanks brah, i decided to go with the godlike navy and it was a good idea because i sank like three fleets of guys trying to take my back row cities while i was doing my kyoto holdout. they had max-size armies loaded on :feelsgood:

played as the date for the natural defenses

NickRoweFillea posted:

there was a webm i saw of the church scene from kingsmen that parodied xcom and i wish i could find it for you

gently caress that was a fun movie

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Fungah! posted:

hm, in eed a game for the plane in case i get bored of eo2u, is soul hackers worth a poo poo. i remember hearing that it was neat but real easy to break but it's on sale right now

monster humper 4

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
grandia 2

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
the impest game, game dev

e:
tonight's animation work :)

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Feb 6, 2016

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

mallow is good for one shotting the mobs of shy guys in the first boss fight but that's it

there's a very ambitious romhack that raises the level cap to 50 and adds in a ton of new spells each with unique animations, but the guy who made it didn't understand the concept of "balance" so he changed mallow's first spell to a nerfed version of shocker, which really sucked because almost every mob up to rose town was built on the assumption that you had thunderbolt

also every enemy gave 1exp

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
grim dawn, and then some spriting and writing some keyboard scripts because this new mac extended keyboard layout blows

forill f16-f18 as volume control was perfect, why would you ever change it to function keys

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

In Training posted:

my understanding is that game needs to be designed with new3ds in mind. Like some stuff is obviously N3ds exclusive but some will say Runs Better on N3DS since they programmed it with the option in mind.

it's this. monster hunter will run much more smoothly on an n3ds, but pokemon does not.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
dear imp zone, i want to play star ocean 2 but i also want to play final fantasy type 0. please help me choose

v ok star ocean 2 it is

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Apr 2, 2016

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

In Training posted:

Star ocean 2

this was a good idea but now i can't decide how i want to pair everyone up. i'm thinking ashton + chisato, leon + celine, rena + bowman

claude + noel

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

My girlfriend is going out to get a haircut so I'll be able to do some sneaky gaming for an hour or two. Gonna be epic.

please enjoy games with your loved one, no need to be sneaky

tonight im going to play tenth line and im not ashamed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
the tenth line