Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

finally playing guacamelee. I really like it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

I need to replay FFT and also ogre battle. That is a good chunk of gaming time

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

ArfJason posted:

Now that I've done that, I think it's time to beat system shock 2, after all these years.

One of the best RPGs ever made, have fun

Zas posted:

i played ogre battle 64 for the first time earlier this year, that game is pretty nuts. not really like any other jsrpgs that i know

I never could finish OB64, used to play through the original Ogre Battle (or the PS1 port) every few years

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

glory to the many

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

I got stuck somewhere and ended up playing a lot of Burrito Bison

but I will play more of The Witcher 3 before the weekend is over

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Been fooling around in Mount and Blade: Warband again. Also playing some Dwarf Fortress

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Major Isoor posted:

Well, this weekend I introduced a friend to PUBG, which we did pretty well at. No chicken dinners, but we came in the top ten a few times, (3rd, 5th and 8th I think) and we always had at least four kills between us. Pretty confident that we can eventually get that chicken dinner eventually, as we seem to make a decent (or very lucky) team!

Aside from that, I played a heap of UnReal World over the weekend. As I finished building my cabin during the week, I decided to go on an expedition into the savage/cannibal Njerpez territory directly to my east, across the river/lake next to my house. Encountered a lone Njerpez warrior, who I was able to dispatch with a couple of javelins, then stumbled upon one of their villages. I tried sneaking into it to see if there were any animals I could pinch (really want a cow or a bull as a pack animal, but none of the friendly villages within a few days of where I live have any) however unfortunately I was spotted by one of the women in the town.
After that, things got messy. :v: the closest inhabitants of the village charged me, and I had to quickly throw all of my javelins, to little effect - I think only half hit their mark, and they only inflicted light wounds. After that though, I got stuck in with my spear, and had an incredibly drawn-out fight with the cannibal villagers, as the rest of the village joined in. I had to keep repositioning and dodging their attacks, in order to prevent myself from being surrounded. Eventually I managed to down enough of them to even the odds somewhat, (only a few were outright killed; the rest were just bleeding out on the ground..) before managing to win the battle of attrition; those who I was fighting had all received minor wounds from my spear multiple times, and had collapsed at various times throughout the fight, before struggling to their feet again to continue, while I was distracted by their friends.
Funnily enough, the biggest threat to me was a kid with a knife (who also swore at me constantly, during the fight) as he managed to inflict a cut in my knee. One of the women also poked a small hole in my thigh with one of the javelins I threw, (which she picked up as she was charging me, earlier on) but aside from those superficial wounds I was somehow unharmed.

So yeah, now I'm making my way back home with a pile of weapons, armour and other gear. :D Even if they were kinda evil, attack-you-on-sight cannibals, I felt kinda bad about murdering their entire village, (of fourteen people!) so I set up a big pyre to cremate all the bodies, while I looted the village and rested overnight in one of their huts.

That game is crazy. I could never get that far, I always died of starvation or bear attack before the first week was up

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

i got a new video card finally so i can play all sorts of stuff. i played sid meiers pirates for 2 hrs today and that was good. about to install evil within and play that

I still boot up Pirates once every few months. It's such a great game to just chill with

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Probably more Dwarf Fortress and Heat Signature

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

im going to watch a movie tonight

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

That's one of those games I want to play but I'm far too stupid

I loved spacechem so theres no way you're too stupid for it. you should try it

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

I'm chilling with Animal Crossing Pocket Camp today and will probably play the new version of Dwarf Fortress if the dfhack/utilities pack is released for the new version before the end of the weekend

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

extremely steampunk posted:

I'm chilling with Animal Crossing Pocket Camp today and will probably play the new version of Dwarf Fortress if the dfhack/utilities pack is released for the new version before the end of the weekend

so i just checked and theres already a starter pack released for the new version of dwarf fortress so ill probabl play that all weekend

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Jim Barris posted:

Today is the day I beat The Talos Principle.

great game

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

I tried playing Dwarf Fortress but I couldn't get into it because I've become reliant on the starter pack which hasn't been optimized for the new version and everything feels "off" without it

Got level 20 in Animal Crossing Pocket Camp and started building the picnic area

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

playing city of heroes this weekend with the same group of friends i last played this game with 15 years ago. feels nice

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Might try this out this weekend. I dont remember signing up for it but i've got an itch for building stuff

also I really think they should have come up with a better name

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Muscle Wizard posted:

dragons dogma

I'm overdue for a replay

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I would like folks to stop bothering EmmyOk and trying to mine more comedy from her. You had a thread. It was goldmined. Stop trying to get blood from a stone. Stop harassing someone on their Fextralife profile and otherwise in the hopes of finding another example of bizarre breakfast choices. Please don’t run this into the ground by harassing someone in the hopes of one more bit of comedy. Bad jokes aside, Emmy has helped with promoting a lot of SA community,especially the Dark Souls PVP community.

Games wise, I recently figured out I could hook my gaming laptop (lmao) up to my tv and use a controller. What are some good pc games that work well with a controller?

Thank you for your help and for listening.

Lol

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

gonna pplay dqxi this weekend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Bannerlord when i get home