Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

im going to watch The Evolution Tournament and possibly play some fighting games of my own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

ronin's good.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Dynasty Tactics 2, on the ps2 classics for ps3.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

I changed my mind, I'm playing Warriors Orochi now.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

what the gently caress man how is it already a friday again.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i'll probably play some isaac and watch some anime tonight and i'm wearing a tshirt with a zombie on it

what kind of zombie is it.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

I'll be playing Shogun 2 until anybody feels like challenging me in moneypuzzle exchanger

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

NickRoweFillea posted:

cool. i found a used copy of eo4 at my local gamestop. it's on hold so ill go pick it up later. that game is 24.99 preowned and 39.99 new! normally ill buy a game new but a. holy poo poo and b. none of the stores near me had a new copy

eo4 and other atlus games go on sale really often on the 3DS eshop, usually for $15. i don't know if that's active right now though,

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

A cool drat horse posted:

a guy in Games told me the SNES one has noticeable input lag so I'm not sure.

that guy's controller or tv or something is hosed up probably, because he's wrong.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

The White Dragon posted:

[tell] me how to deal with realm divide in shogun 2

Prepare and make sure your economy can hold up without Trade; either have a godlike navy (cannons or huge numbers) or don't bother having a navy; be ready to take & hold Kyoto as soon as realm divide happens; feel free to stall and let other dominant factions expand, this makes them easier to undermine with agents once you are at war; if you're playing on a difficulty higher than normal, make sure you can defend your backfield coastal cities from boat invasions.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

I'm going to play MGSV until i have to go to work in the morning.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Dark Arisen

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

small hendren posted:

Same. I broke down and bought the full version because I saw it on sale. I'm enjoying it so far.

Yeah, same. The thread about it made me go out and just get a disc copy used. It's really fun.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

I will continue to play Dark Arisen, maybe finish the Everfall or start on the DLC area

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

dragon_ball_z_scream_9-RA_The_Sun_­God-952538986.wav

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Love Stole the Day posted:

What in the gently caress is this audio supposed to be?

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

dragon_ball_z_scream_9-RA_The_Sun_­God-952538986.wav

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Rebel Galaxy or maybe Dark Arisen or maybe something else, i'm not home yet but there are so many options....

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

I got Xenoblade Chronicles for 3ds and i'm probably going to play it now.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

nice. it took me a ridiculously long time to 100% it, and i woldn't exactly recommend doing that, but it was satisfying

how many hours would you say it took to just get the ending? i decided to get it now because i'm going to be stuck on planes/cars a bunch during thanksgiving and need a Big RPG for that time

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Good poo poo.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

im writing a long philosophy paper tonight but if i get done early then i would like to continue playing Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

there are a few easy ways to do it, but the normal straightforward way is just to play well.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Have you gotten past the Cheese Bridge yet?

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

I finished my paper at the last possible minute instead of early, but I'm going to play 3ds games now regardless. Probably some online monster hunting.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Action Tortoise posted:

You don't need them. There's a summon right before the fog gate. Also that boss is one of those where you can be overleveled when you first encounter them.

you don't need any of that poo poo anyway. the whole bossfight is just "can you roll at the right time" and if you can then you win.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

In Training posted:

That's every boss fight in all of the souls games and bloodborne

Yeah but it's the butterfly especially. he doesnt try to pull any crazy tricks or have ways to exploit his AI or have a particular spot to stand or strategy to use. Like yeah you can cheese it with sorcery or the witch or w/e else, but the fight on its own mechanics is almost nothing but entirely straightforward Attack Tell->Dodge. You dont even need to care about positioning because you're stuck on a little bridge and he's flying to the side shooting

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

the old xcom formula or the new xcom formula. this is an important difference.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Oh, I just stayed out of range and threw firebombs at him.

firebombs hit him very hard and he does not have much health anyway

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Monster Hunter, or maybe One Way Heroics, or maybe a city builder game of some type

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

It's been so long since I played a good JRPG that I haven't played before.

Xenoblade Good.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

I'm going to keep playing Front Mission 5.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

might play Melty blood or Gungeon, i think

maybe Toukiden

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

I'm going to start playing Digital Devil Saga once i'm done eating, i think.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

enjoy. dds1 is one of my favourite rpgs

There's a lot more guns and military poo poo in this than i was expecting, so far.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

NickRoweFillea posted:

It's great. Everyone talks about Persona and Nocturne (with good reason), but DDS is rarely mentioned despite being a top notch SMT outing.

i've always read, mostly from synthy, that its one of the very best SMT games. but until now its been a while since i really had the time for this kind of rpg

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

C-Euro posted:

Got back on the horse with my Bravely Default and Oblivion playthroughs last night, especially Oblivion

Is it bad that, despite being 20-some hours in, I kinda want to re-roll? I feel like I leveled up too fast, I'm at 15 but I feel like I've hardly explored anywhere, and haven't done all that many quests. Yet so many enemies are damage sponges now, even loser bandits walking around in leather armor. and this is with Fran's installed!

Also despite hearing for years that the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood questlines are the best content in the game I rolled a very non-stealth character because ??? but if I took a speedy light armor character into some of the slugfests i've encountered here I'd lose my rear end so I'm hesitant to do so.

I found a mod that claims to just put low-level enemies and gear back into endgame leveled lists, i might just activate that to spread things out. that's always how Morrowind felt to me, you could still find low-level goobers at the end of the game and whip them

Oblivion's default level scaling is insane and terrible, definitely use stuff that puts normal lower enemies back into the world. A big part of it is also that the stuff that will level the fastest & constantly, like athletics, is the worst poo poo for combat.

Also theres honestly not that big a difference between light armor and heavy armor characters from what i played, but then again i never got a heavy armor guy to really high level. The bright side of the stealthy character is that once their stealth is near-max (or you basically cheat by enchanting 100% invisibility/chameleon onto equipment), they'll be able to re-hide to make enemies bug out and get multiple surprise attacks.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Most of the day was Portrait of Ruin and now Im going to play Stellaris until i pass out.

i did that all week and basically didnt even realize it was a weekend until this afternoon

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

In Training posted:

We should do some multi, playing with IZ people right now and it's fun

how does the multi work, since the game is so heavily based around pausing? does it just constantly run at the lowest speed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Pikmin 3