Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

decided i'm going to replay Breath of the Wild last night. hoping it'll be really satisfying to take a different path in choosing which areas to go to first. i polished off the great plateau last night and even replaying that with a knowledge of how everything works was a different experience. i wish i had more time to play it, but it's gonna probably get me right through the spring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

uh... i meant i started to play zelda on Friday. or i meant to put this in the nintendo thread. i'm sorry. i'm sorry. please don't report me.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

dropping rocks on them all just in case

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Major Isoor posted:

Also, two board game nights in a row is great, but boy can it mess with your sleep, if you need to go to work after that...oof

mmmhm. that's how it starts........

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

chilling with my BOTW replay and considering a project....

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

going to take a break from trying to platinum the FF7 remake and I think im giving up on Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass. might try Arkham asylum tonight, I've never played it

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I’m fully playing through the whole game three times, honourably.

that's my plan, but i suck at the motorcycle minigame and i need the motorcycle trophy so I'm taking a break. I think most of the challenge in my first playthrough was equipping materia I wanted to level instead of being strategic about it, looking forward to hard mode.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Kongming posted:

You can get the motorcycle trophy regardless of difficulty so I just did it on Easy. I needed to replay the chapter anyway cause I forgot to assess Roche twice.

I changed it to easy mode for the motorcycle bit but I still keep going to like 70 percent health against Roche so jessie won't give me the prize. I don't know why im so bad at it, it's harder for me than the pull ups mini-game

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Kongming posted:

I have no idea if level matters but I was level 50 by the time I did it and Roche melted pretty fast to the special spin slash move on Easy. I didn't even really try to avoid his attacks. Dunno if that'll help.

hmm, I think I'm late 30s. I tried to cheez it by putting on a bunch of HP Plus and the sword that absorbs health, but I can't tell if it affects the motorcycle stats. I'll come back to it, I'm just trying to play some mindless stuff in between

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In Training posted:

You have to do some chapters like 5 or 6 times for 100% play log so I'm doing a lot of them on normal for the XP/AP before starting hard. I've done chapters 3/8/9 3 times now lol.

i think it's only 3 unless I'm missing something? one for each dress, basically. maybe 4 if you have to do both sidequest paths in hard mode

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

normal mode also sails by in NG+ because you just get to loving wreck everything w/o thinking about it

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i can only game after my son goes to bed at about 8:00, so i have to game very hard.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

almost done with Arkham asylum, just have to clean up some Riddler things and beat the game. wish I hadn't slept on this back in 2009, will probably play some of the sequels

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

ArfJason posted:

arkham asylum is great and if you liked riddler stuff City goes all in on them and using your gadgets for them. havent played knight but from all i heard its bloated to hell lol. Asylum and City are great games tho

my purchase came with city so I'll definitely play that. I liked the Riddler stuff and exploring more than the bosses. The only good combat parts of it are the stealth ones.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Dutchy posted:

the combat in the arkham games (at least asylum and city, haven't played others) is kinda weird because if you just go through the campaign it's pretty nothing but if you do the combat challenges you learn to clear rooms in one big, varied combo and it bleeds into how you play the regular game and the self-imposed challenge makes it more fun. or at least it did for me.

hm. maybe I'll try the challenges before doing city so I get better at it. Right now it feels like I just mash normal punch and tossing an occasional curve ball at the knife guys

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I notice nobody even mentions origins, is it that bad?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Yeah I liked Origins and you will too if you’re enjoying the other games, it just doesn’t do much to stand out from the others

Kay. Thx all.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I guess I'll see if my wife is going to murder me for playong four open world Batman games in a row, but she made it through me singing "tomorrow we discover what Godd Howard has in store" like six times, so.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Nostradingus posted:

Dipping into the itch.io racial justice bundle. Don't know where to start so I'm just using a random number generator

I played a lot of Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass before I sort of guessed how it was going to end and looked it up. It's okay if you're into Earthbound clones. It's a little more immediately creepy and it tries too hard

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I accidentally went in to fight the endboss before getting the last 6 Riddler things and now the joker is beating my rear end repeatedly with waves of bad guys, lol. I can't seem to figure out the combo moves, I sort of have parrying and attacking down so that I can get to 5, but then hitting the button code that displays for the combo does nothing. also I supposedly have the triple batarang but fast tapping L2 does nothing? I just want to explore, but I'm being killed by goons

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Knuc U Kinte posted:

You have to have a three plus combo going for the triple batarang to do anything.

ahh, that at least explains that part of it. Tonight is my night to take down the joker, I can feel it

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

yeah the first BoF is basically all slog. It had some good music though.

finished arkham asylum and now I'm doing city. I basically haven't advanced the main plot at all because they keep throwing up side missions to practice with the cape on the map. any reason I shouldnt basically keep doing that?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The AR training stuff? If so you should do those ASAP because you get an extremely useful upgrade from doing them

yeah, that's them. i got the grappling update from the first five and there are about five more on the map. i accidentally got sidetracked into the main story for a minute because i was looking for something for Bane, but i'll get back to it as soon as i get out. my summer of batman is looking good so far.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

going to play more arkham city, got in a good groove last night just running around the city now that I found the Riddler and answered the Szaz phone

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In Training posted:

on chapter 17 of FF7Remastered hard, just have 2 chapters left for 100% Play Log. i still need to also get the trophy for doing 300% stagger damage idk how it hasnt happened by accident yet.

you more or less have to get that one artificially with Tifa. the fat chocobo battle makes it p. easy if that's all you've got left.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

ArfJason posted:

Videogames forever. Imp zone ftw.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

got to play some extra Batman today because my son's nap time was at the perfect time for me to game.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

long suffering imp gf sweating as she hefts in box after box from the uhaul and trying not to scream at "hey babe, can you maybe try not to walk in front of the TV?"

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Been playing animal crossing again and my wife (who has not played a videogame since 1999) wanted to make a house on my island. she ran around shaking trees for twenty minutes then announced that "playing this has consumed my energy" and immediately fell asleep.

lol

my wife disappeared into the Wii harvest moon game until about 4 am for weeks (she plays a lot of Zelda but for more reasonable amounts of time), so she avoids stardew valley and animal crossing. she has trouble watching me play anything where you have to solve puzzles, she gets frustrated after about five minutes and looks up the answer, and I have to ask her not to tell me.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the imp significant others should form a support group

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

r/AITA posted by ImpGurl

AITA for doing BFs Laundry?

I (F, 26) noticed my BF (M, 35) hadn't folded his laundry in awhile, so I started to put away his clothes and found an old tiny disc? I thought he might want it, so I showed it to him.

He started screaming at me, telling me that I had reduced him to a "gibbering man ape" and weeping with grief. I'm having trouble hearing him, but I think he said something like "It's not even a real cube, you know.". Thinking of starting a new Animal Crossing house on somebody else's island...

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

beat Arkham City yesterday and now I'm going to be spending my evenings/son's naptime cleaning up all the sidequests and Riddler trophies, then i guess i'll move on to Arkham Origins. summer of Batman continues apace.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Plebian Parasite posted:

doing my yearly Earthbound playthrough

I hope you get the sword of kings from the first enemy that can drop it. enjoy.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Plebian Parasite posted:

Will this be the run where i get the sword of kings and the broken antenna and the gutsy bat and three star pendants?

No, probably not.

last time I played I grinded for the sword of kings, then I got a second one in the next combat. nobody can equip the second one, you can't sell it, and you cant throw it away, so I was permanently down an inventory space, lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I wish the DE console ports would come out, I loved it but for some reason it kept crashing on my laptop

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Honestly I could go for a basically alright big AAA game (like Fallen Order) after the miserable experience of TLOU2

I didn't even hate the first one, but I don't understand who played that and said "I want more of this." the stealth combat and the story felt played out about 2/3ds into the game. it came with the dlc by the time I got it and I didn't even play that, why would I want an entire 'nother game?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

finished arkham city and origins isn't on PS4, so i'm on to arkham knight to finish up my summer of batman. arkham knight is weirdly making me want to play GTA3? i think it's driving the batmobile everywhere and breaking poo poo. hoping i can finish up arkham knight before baby # 2 is born, but that could be any day now, so we'll see.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

There's a town building aspect to Breath of Fire II... I love this poo poo in RPGs

my favorite one is in DQ3 where the merchant you put in charge of the town becomes a tyrant huffing their own farts so the whole town rebels and locks them up. it's not even optional, i don't think, pretty sure you get one of the orbs for doing it.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i get so sick of the chocobo races by the end, but most of that is actually betting on them to collect the blue materia you can't get anywhere else. there's no reason breeding chocobos should be fun, but it just is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Tales of Woe posted:

going camping

oh, is it your first playthrough? enjoy Final Fantasy XV, it has some fun moments.