Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax
Iwata died.

RIP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

RIP.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Play Balloon Fight.

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

according to the system of the 4 humors, we can deduce that he was either angry or depressed when he died. rest in peace mother fucker

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
F

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

He was a good man.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

People want it to be a hoax, but this news comes... directly from Nintendo.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
reggie was that tumor

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I will play Balloon Fight today.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

i am determined to finish this game now

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
RIP

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Yeah, RIP

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

gonna play the gently caress out of kirby's dream course tonight

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...

RIP

he programmed earthbound from scratch

red plastic cup fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jul 13, 2015

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

F

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Here is to Mr. Iwata.
(Holds classy beverage aloft)

Not the Satoru Iwata who greenlit amiibos, nor the Satoru Iwata who gets made fun of for speaking his second language inadequately.

This is to Satoru Iwata, the genius programmer.

This is to the Iwata who programmed games into his calculator and shared them with his friends in high school.

This is to the Iwata who did work on Balloon Fight, EarthBound, and the Kirby games.

This is to the Iwata who has also worked on The Legend of Zelda, Mario, and the Animal Crossing series of games.

Iwata wasn't given a top spot randomly.

He earned it.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Katana_Warrior posted:

according to the system of the 4 humors, we can deduce that he was either angry or depressed when he died. rest in peace mother fucker

he died of a broken heart that people hated nintendo's e3 conference

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

Here is to Mr. Iwata.

Not the Satoru Iwata who greenlit amiibos, nor the Satoru Iwata who gets made fun of for speaking his second language inadequately.

This is to the Iwata who programmed games into his calculator and shared them with his friends in high school.

This is to the Iwata who did work on Balloon Fight, EarthBound, and the Kirby games.

This is to the Iwata who has also worked on The Legend of Zelda, Mario, and the Animal Crossing series of games.

He earned it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Here is to Mr. Iwata.

He earned it.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

net cafe scandal posted:

Here is to Mr. Iwata.

He earned it.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

This is disgusting. A good man died and the fucktards on this irony forum keep posting memes and making blithe threads about it. Gas.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

For almost all of my life I thought Shigeru Miyamoto was the president of Nintendo, until about a year ago. A devastating lost, to be sure.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Here is to Mr. Iwata.

He earned it.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

FartRomancer.EXE
Jun 26, 2012

Dec 26, 2012

F

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

net cafe scandal posted:

Here is to Mr. Iwata.

He earned it.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

He was a large part of the creation of the Mother series (Earthbound) and the Kirby series. He ran the best video game company in the world. RIP Iwata. You will be missed.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

RIP Iwata

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

F.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

rip

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

dude..

F

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

:(

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Katana_Warrior posted:

lol

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

Here is to Mr. Iwata.

He earned it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I hope everyone sits down in front of a good video game tonight. It's what he would have wanted.

• Locked thread