Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vo0do0leW
Jul 12, 2015

What Is One Unit Whole Blood?
Blood is a game that was released in 1997 on PC. It was made using the same engine that created other classic FPS games at the time such as Duke Nukem and Shadow Warrior.
These game have all been re-released on Steam recently with the DOSBOX emulator.

In the game you play as Caleb. You were double crossed by your dark lord Tchernobog, and as a result all of your allies are killed and you are.. "thrown into a hollow grave"?
Seems like a bit of an odd way to handle things if you ask me Tchernobog but, whatever floats your boat.

As you progress through the game you get your revenge on all of Tchernobog's minions that ended the lives of your allies and eventually take revenge on the big man himself.
Along the way though you will pick up a number of weapons. These include Pitchforks, Flare Guns, Double Barrelled Shotguns, Napalm Launchers, Arosol Can Flamethrowers
and much, much more.

Safe to say it's gory, grim and glorious.

Well that's what Blood is, One Unit Whole Blood is like a super Blood game that has all of the main game and two expansion packs included for more gameplay.
The expansion packs are Plasma Pak and Cryptic Passage. Plasma Pak added 9 new single player levels and new features like newer secondary firing for some weapons,
and allowing some weapons that didn't allow it dual weilding. Cryptic Passage also added 10 new single player levels, but the pack itself was not made by Monolith productions.

What About The Let's Play?
The Let's Play will be a Video Let's Play because that is the style of Let's Play I feel most comfotable with.
I will also be using a Face Cam along with my commentary, which is something I don't think a lot (if any)
Blood Let's Players have done before.
I am looking into getting a green screen so that might happen at some point through.

The Let's Play is also pretty much blind. I have played some of the levels before but I don't remember much at all.

I will be going through all of the chapters that Blood has to offer, which are:
  1. The Way Of All Flesh
  2. Even Death May Die
  3. Farewell To Arms
  4. Dead Reckoning
  5. Post Mortem (Plasma Pack Expansion)
  6. Cryptic Passage (Cryptic Passage Expansion)

The list of video below will be updated more and more as the episode are released to YouTube.

Enough Talk, To The Videos!

Chapter 1: The Way Of All Flesh
  1. Level 1: Cradle To Grave
  2. Level 2: Wrong Side Of The Tracks
  3. Level 3: Phantom Express

Vo0do0leW fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Jul 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Lose the facecam, there's gotta be better ways to show off your patriotism.

Vo0do0leW
Jul 12, 2015

anilEhilated posted:

Lose the facecam, there's gotta be better ways to show off your patriotism.

Well it's not to show off my patriotism, I really wanted a green screen but I don't have one. For some reason I had this massive flag so
thought that would be better than looking at my messy room behind me.

I'll take your critique on board though.

Nightwatcher
Apr 18, 2007
Definitely lose the facecam.

Xarthor
Nov 11, 2003

Need Ink or Toner for
Your Printer?

Check out my
Thread in SA-Mart!

Lipstick Apathy
You really love the word "bitch" don't you?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

You're gonna find most of SA is rather negative on facecams (as they should be). Most of us don't give a drat about you and would only check this LP out because we're interested in the game.

Nightwatcher posted:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Nightwatcher posted:

+1

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Nightwatcher posted:

+1

ClothHat
Mar 2, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT MY LOVE OF THE LUMPEN-GOBLITARIAT
protip: trust no links I post
Could you describe the benefits of joining The Vo0do0CreW?

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
I can't hear any of the in-game sound. Is that just on my end?

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Klaus88 posted:

I can't hear any of the in-game sound. Is that just on my end?
It's just on your end; the game audio is a bit low but it's pretty audible.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Oh cool, I've been wanting to see what Blood is all abo-

:yikes:

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Oh Blood! Yeah I remember this game. I was never actually good at it but back when I was a kiddo, maybe 6-7 years old, I watched my aunt and her boyfriend play this all day long.

Also, I'm giving another +1 to losing the facecam.

I mean, it is fine if you wanna make yourself a name on yourube but it is universally despised here on SA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vo0do0leW
Jul 12, 2015

Siegkrow posted:

but it is universally despised here on SA.

I'm beginning to realise this. Oh well, each to their own I guess.

• Locked thread