Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
daring fireball dot com

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]
yospos is the only tech blog i need

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
http://www.dvorak.org/blog/

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

:ins:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

http://picturesofpeoplescanningqrcodes.tumblr.com/

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

China's version of American Idol (中国好歌曲) has a QR code overlayed on the screen, like sure scanning a TV screen

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
thresh's firing squad if it's still around

e: nope

Suspicious fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jul 13, 2015

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

engadget was alright until they got bought by aol and then verizon, now its goofy videos and "look at this weird tech"

how am i supposed to be told what apple products to buy

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Only registered members can see post attachments!

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
wired is ok but it has the same issue as every non-gruber blog out there

someone has obv decided they have to post 20 500 word articles every day which means that 99% of the time theyll be discussing something nobody in the universe gives a gently caress about

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

engadget was alright until they got bought by aol and then verizon, now its goofy videos and "look at this weird tech"

how am i supposed to be told what apple products to buy

your supposed to buy all of them moran

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

poty posted:

wired is ok but it has the same issue as every non-gruber blog out there

someone has obv decided they have to post 20 500 word articles every day which means that 99% of the time theyll be discussing something nobody in the universe gives a gently caress about

your supposed to buy all of them moran

God creates man
Man creates blogs
blogs destroy man
Comcast inherits the earth

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
a lot of UK specific stuff gets posted by engadget to my facebook feed and its usually interesting stuff that i wouldnt have saw otherwise and im ok with that

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Don Lapre posted:

God creates man
Man creates blogs
blogs destroy man
Comcast inherits the earth

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
tech blogs cater to nerds but the market for consumer electronics has massively shifted to normal people, leaving tech "journalists" far out of touch with the products and their target audience.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
i like joanna stern

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

The Management posted:

tech blogs cater to nerds but the market for consumer electronics has massively shifted to normal people, leaving tech "journalists" far out of touch with the products and their target audience.
it's realls sad./funny watching the verge try to shift their demo younger so they'll still post 2000 word android phone reviews but then also include some puff piece about a top 40 pop musician and comic con

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

qirex posted:

it's realls sad./funny watching the verge try to shift their demo younger so they'll still post 2000 word android phone reviews but then also include some puff piece about a top 40 pop musician and comic con

han solo spin off film? :smith:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
wait why is ldr still getting column inches

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Jonny 290 posted:

wait why is ldr still getting column inches

because the verge will print puff pieces if you pay them:

Review: Tame Impala's Currents is a journey to the center of a single mind
Marvel pays tribute to classic hip-hop in amazing new variant covers
Lana Del Rey’s new single 'Honeymoon' is six minutes of meandering bliss
This year's most important songs (so far): summer jams and chart slams
The essential GIFs of Drake as Oprah, Bieber, and Miley in his new 'Energy' music video
Stream Ratatat's stadium rock lullaby album, Magnifique
Wavves’ new music video was shot in Grand Theft Auto V
Here's a $50,000 typeface designed specifically for Kanye West
Why we got a Lil Wayne Tidal mixtape in 2015 instead of a Lil Wayne album in 2014
Listen to Hodor's first club-banging dance song
Here's why you'll tune into Beats 1: a Run the Jewels weekly show
This week's most important songs: Beach House, Vince Staples, and more

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010

The Management posted:

what's considered normal people at this point? IYG?

When I think tech blog, i think older ars technica and anandtech, or blog/forums like hardocp. Engadget and gawker media always felt more populist.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

MeruFM posted:

what they want is men aged 15-25 because they're the best ad targets

the average person interested in technology is a boring middle aged schlub like all of yospos

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

MeruFM posted:

When I think tech blog, i think older ars technica and anandtech, or blog/forums like hardocp. Engadget and gawker media always felt more populist.

nobody on SA is normal people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

qirex posted:

what they want is men aged 15-25 because they're the best ad targets

the average person interested in technology is a boring middle aged schlub like all of yospos

nah, we're out of touch, too. if you use a computer more than a phone you are in the minority.

• Locked thread