Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Uh oh.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2015/0713/598246/concern-for-alberto-del-rio-well-being/

quote:

After Alberto El Patron no-showed an autism charity event for LoneStar Championship Wrestling in Houston, Texas on Sunday, organization head Chris Ronquillo issued a statement this afternoon expressing concern for the former WWE Superstar's well-being. He says El Patron "seems to have disappeared."

Here is the statement in its entirety:

STATEMENT FROM LONE STAR CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING

Almost 24 hours later, we still have not heard from the camp of Alberto El Patron. Mr. El Patron was booked through our co-promotion partner Clutch City Productions to headline the Bustin 4 Autism charity pro wrestling event in Pasadena, TX last night.

Mr. El Patron would not know who we are directly, since his camp's dealings were with our promotional partner. Like the charity and fans who purchased tickets, we are affected. A lot of time, money and effort was put in to this event. Those who know us, understand that we strive to put on quality events. We are a company that our fans can trust. Mr. El Patron's unexcused and unexplained "no show" unfairly taints that reputation. Though we were not directly involved in the negotiation and booking with El Patron's camp, there is no doubt that the Bustin 4 Autism team were more than fair and gracious in the process.

At this point, our thoughts are initially with Mr. El Patron's well being. He seems to have disappeared. Once the dust settles, we are confident that Mr. El Patron will do the right thing and return the deposit he was paid, along with premium travel funds lost by the charity. We might also suggest that Mr. El Patron take it a step further, and make an additional donation to the charity.

We would like to thank the fans and sponsors who stepped up to support this event for the Bustin 4 Autism 501c group. We would also like to recognize our co-promotional partner, Clutch City Productions, who put forth an incredible effort to promote and help organize this event. We look forward to working with them and the Bustin 4 Autism folks in the future.

In closing, we also thank the wrestlers who stepped up to make this a memorable event, as well as the many staff members and volunteers who contributed in some manner.

Chris Ronquillo
aka Tony Brooklyn
Lone Star Championship Wrestling
https://www.lonestarwrestling.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Whats the betting that he's fine and this co promotion partner "booked" him in the sense they said he was going to appear without ever asking him or having any intention of him showing up.

rappinrodney.ogg
Apr 24, 2009

Chris "Tony Brooklyn" Ronquillo posted:

Almost 24 hours later, we still have not heard from the camp of Alberto El Patron.

Mr. El Patron would not know who we are directly,

Though we were not directly involved in the negotiation and booking with El Patron's camp,

Well...okay, then. This just looks like the carnie version of one of those "RIP (Celebrity)" twitter hashtags.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

The Croc posted:

Whats the betting that he's fine and this co promotion partner "booked" him in the sense they said he was going to appear without ever asking him or having any intention of him showing up.

I'm guessing that it's some sort of miscommunication and he's totally fine, and I would assume something very similar to what you said.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Apparently Bryan Alvarez said that three people who are close to Patron have said they haven't heard from him in awhile.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

DarkstarIV posted:

Apparently Bryan Alvarez said that three people who are close to Patron have said they haven't heard from him in awhile.

:(

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Other places are saying no friends and family can get in contact with him. Saw him tweet about going to a Knight themed restaurant a few days ago. Dont really suspect anything bad.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Oh poo poo. Now I'm a bit worried. Hope he's alright.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

He also apparently did some promo work for the event in the lead up, so he knew about it.

Boy, I hope he's okay.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
My sources tell me that Alberto was last seen going into a warehouse with Dario Cueto

rip alberto :(

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
If he turns up dead it's gonna be a bad look for that guy devoting a lot of the press release to "bitch better have my money"

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Bustin 4 Autism is a really unfortunate charity name

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'm looking through his Twitter feed and it's all pics he took of his kids in Orlando last week and I'm getting really sad

What the gently caress

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Check the underground

the Lucha Underground

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Another statement from Lone Star Championship Wrestling:

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/95106/alberto-el-patron-update.html?p=1

quote:

We would like to sincerely apologize to all the fans that came out expecting to see Alberto "El Patron" (Del Rio) in action tonight. Alberto was advertised as the main event for the "Bustin for Autism" charity event in Houston (Pasadena) TX and he did not show up.

Fans in the Houston area are familiar with our company and know that we have an excellent reputation. We would never false advertise any talent or mislead the fans. We will always state the facts, as of 11:55PM we have not received any information from Alberto's "camp" as to why he did not appear at the event. Alberto helped us promote the event through his social media and as of 9:00PM yesterday there has always been constant communication. Alberto was given money up front as a deposit, he was provided with a four-star hotel, as well as first class air-fare. We followed through with all the terms that were required by Alberto and have numerous e-mails, and text with all this information.

We understand that unforeseen circumstances sometimes happen and we are hoping that Alberto is doing well. It is unclear what caused the "no-show" but it is very difficult to comprehend as to why we weren't notified by a member of his camp. Alberto was to appear at an autograph session before his match from 4:00PM-6:00P, we have been attempting to contact him since 12:00PM today. Nevertheless, we scrambled and did everything possible to make sure that the fans of LoneStar Championship Wrestling left satisfied. Special thanks to professionals such as Tommy Dreamer & Lance Hoyt (who put on a hardcore match as the main event), and Gene Snitsky (who faced Carson in Alberto's place).

Again, we thank all the fans that came out tonight and supported a great cause!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Thank god noted professionals Tommy Dreamer and Lance Hoyt were there to save the show.

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."

Booblord Zagats posted:

Bustin 4 Autism is a really unfortunate charity name

Maybe but what if they have a wrestler named Bill Goldsperg or John Vaccina

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

im sure he's fine but all these c level indie accusatory facebook posts are extremely funny

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Carlton Banks posted:

So that's where Joey Mercury will end up

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Bustin 4 Autism

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Bustin makes me feel good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tdyU_gW6WE

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

They're gonna find him in garbage bags and I don't know how to accept that

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
As long as it's not Bustin 4 Hepatitis

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Carlton Banks posted:

Stone Cold Steve Autism, surely?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Los perros are in the enclosed piscina area.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Paper Lion posted:

They're gonna find him in garbage bags and I don't know how to accept that

Ricardo está en la área cerrada de la piscina

E: really

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

KungFu Grip posted:

Other places are saying no friends and family can get in contact with him. Saw him tweet about going to a Knight themed restaurant a few days ago. Dont really suspect anything bad.
He's obviously given up on wrestling since it's all horseshit. He is now known as Sir Albert of Rio Tinto.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
OK, so who carried out Vince's hit in order to get back into WWE? Bubba Ray seems pretty desperate these days.

oatgan posted:

im sure he's fine but all these c level indie accusatory facebook posts are extremely funny

For real, dude's missing and this guy is all talking poo poo about how he'd better get his money back. Whether Alberto's actually in trouble or just unprofessional, it's in pretty poor taste to take that tone in public without knowing what's happened to him.

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*
loving Trump.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Semprini posted:

Stone Cold Steve Autism, surely?

My brother came up with that exact thing when @midnight did #worsewrestlers a year ago

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
This is Ricardo/RVD's doing, I am sure of it.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Good to know that it wasn't Snitsky's fault

and I bet that was a 5* match

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Rey is still advertising a match between them in the future...

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.
Yo soy Mexico. YO SOY!!!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Roman Reigns posted:

Abismo Negro worked a match after he went missing too

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

has gone missing

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

acai moonsault posted:

has gone missing

thank you

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Roman Reigns posted:

well if he isn't murdered now he will be then

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

oatgan posted:

Abismo Negro worked a match after he went missing too

I'm trying to be optimistic here. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*