Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost
I wonder how many posters in this thread 10 years ago during the Bush presidency complained about how the US national debt was too high. That was a pretty popular opinion back then.

If someone has archives (I don't), I bet they'd find some interesting stuff . . .

silence_kit fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jul 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

GulMadred posted:

This wouldn't be a problem if Asdf32 would actually take pains to correct the misunderstandings and explain his contrarian position. But instead he just reiterates his premises (e.g. "austerity means decreasing the deficit"), sits astride his I'm-technically-correct-which-is-the-best-kind-of-correct high horse, and watches the thread get derailed.

I think the problem is more that posters in this forum get upset whenever they encounter someone who doesn't toe the DnD party line. I don't think they understand that someone can disagree with parts of their their political ideology without being an evil mustached villian who holds all beliefs that are contrary to the stereotypical progressive DnD poster.

• Locked thread