Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

GulMadred posted:

This wouldn't be a problem if Asdf32 would actually take pains to correct the misunderstandings and explain his contrarian position. But instead he just reiterates his premises (e.g. "austerity means decreasing the deficit"), sits astride his I'm-technically-correct-which-is-the-best-kind-of-correct high horse, and watches the thread get derailed.

This isn't even technically correct: Austerity means cutting government spending and (maybe) raising more revenue.

Whether a given austerity plan actually reduces the deficit as a percentage of GDP is, of course, not guaranteed.

KingFisher posted:

I mean I know you can't personally behave this way and max out your credit card every month because you know the *banks* wouldn't have given you that credit limit if you couldn't afford it.

Actually this is exactly how smart countries deal with this situation: if someone maxes out their credit cards and can't service the debt, they can declare bankruptcy and the creditor has to gently caress off and be smarter next time instead of getting to enslave the debtor's kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
To prevent a debt crisis, I am going to sell my stove and then lease it back at an inflated price.

Also I am going to stop buying my insulin to save on the monthly medicine costs.

Now I will never have to worry about debt.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Wait, you're friends with a banker and he's still alive?

What kind of person are you, you monster.

E: BRB going to kill my family for voting for Mitt Romney. And my sister for supporting Hillary.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I should just be a banker, by the time the tribunal is about to sentence me to death for my crimes against the proletariat, they will have already all killed each other to prove who is the most dedicated to excising counterrevolutionaries among the ranks, and I can just walk out and go back to swindling retirement funds and pension plans.

• Locked thread