Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

Pohl posted:

Haha, thanks. I had that in mind when I wrote my post. Is he a bad person? Nope.
Does he deserve what he earns? Sure.

wow you're almost as much of an rear end in a top hat as he is

like the definition of a bad person who is a leech on society and does jack poo poo to earn it and yet here you are defending him

is it really that hard to accept that there are some lovely people in this world and you might have found one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

Pohl posted:

I was trying to talk openly and honestly about a situation and friendship I have, and that is your response? Well, screw you.

Screw you too buddy! Believe it or not, being universally tolerant is a pretty poo poo ideology. Glad you're here to play defend-a-banker for us though.

Like you literally said that a 1% banker "deserves what he earns". It's pretty disgusting to actually think that.

Do you also think CEO pay should be measured in orders of magnitude above their employees?

What is your idea of a "bad" person? How much is "too much" for a low level banking executive?

Typo posted:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

pretty much the reason why the fringe left will stay on the fringe forever

Yes, I'm the fringe leftist not this guy:

Pohl posted:

I gave up arguing a long time ago and just ask him how he is going to feel when his family is hanging from light poles around town. You might think I'm joking, but I'm not. He doesn't find it funny; neither do I.

Who tells his 'friend' his family is going to hang from light poles but then defends him as a "good person" who "deserves what he earns". At least I'm ideologically consistent.

down with slavery fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jul 26, 2015

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013

VitalSigns posted:

Wait, you're friends with a banker and he's still alive?

What kind of person are you, you monster.

E: BRB going to kill my family for voting for Mitt Romney. And my sister for supporting Hillary.

It's not about killing bankers. It's about having the balls to actually stand up for what you believe in. I have family that's 1%ers, I don't tell them they are good people who earn what they deserve(much less spend time in D&D telling everyone else they do). I also don't tell them they are going to hang from light poles. Believe it or not, nuance can be achieved in this case!

Pohl posted:

Both individuals and systems can cause systemic theft and corruption in our culture. Overall, it is the system to blame. So no, I'm not going to hate on him, because he is a good guy. Do you think everyone in the banking industry or big business is Dr. loving Evil?

I don't know that I've ever been on this side of this particular argument. It is enlightening to say the least.

also, I'm probably as big of a sanctimonious rear end in a top hat as you are, so maybe we can both agree to tone it down just a bit? I will, starting right now. We aren't going to be able to have a conversation otherwise.

Debate and Discussion isn't for reasoned political discussions (I wish it was, but the moderators have made it more than clear that the bar should be lowered), it's for challenging your peers and self. Quite frankly, you deserve to be challenged in that statement.

I never said your friend was "Dr Evil" I said he was a poo poo person and doesn't deserve what he earns. That's ok man, people can be bad and it's not some huge evil that we need to avoid. I'm not saying he can't change his ways and be good, I'm saying right now, he's bad.

If you want to have a conversation, why don't you actually address what I said, which is that do you really believe he "deserves what he earns"?

Pohl posted:

loving thank you, I'm done talking about this.

Well that didn't take long for you to tone the sanctimonious rear end in a top hat back up.

Sorry I'm not on team "everyone has redeeming qualities and we should hold hands and sing kumbayah until the heat death of the universe"

You're the one who told him he's going to hang from a lightpole you nut.

And frankly, if you believe 1%s earn what they deserve, you are part of the problem.

down with slavery fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jul 26, 2015

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
Oh and another pro tip, if you don't want to debate and discuss things, don't bring them up in debate and discussion. This isn't your point scoring echo chamber.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013

Pohl posted:

I was talking about how horrible he was, how he changed, and how it is that we don't talk anymore.
You are the one that jumped in telling me I was an evil person.

I had even said, I don't even loving talk to him anymore. That really hurts me, because he was a really good friend of mine. I can't talk to him anymore because of how much he's changed.
I have no problem with you, so please lay off, because I don't know what the hell your issue is.

I already told you, you think 1%ers earn what they deserve, and had the balls to post it. Unless you wanna address that I guess we're done because I'm some kind of monster in your eyes who has the gall to actually challenge your lovely posts/opinions.

down with slavery fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jul 26, 2015

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013

VitalSigns posted:

I should just be a banker, by the time the tribunal is about to sentence me to death for my crimes against the proletariat, they will have already all killed each other to prove who is the most dedicated to excising counterrevolutionaries among the ranks, and I can just walk out and go back to swindling retirement funds and pension plans.

Ahh yes, challenging a fellow leftist to examine their beliefs is equivalent to arguing they should be killed.

- a reasonable D&D poster

Pohl posted:

I have a lot to say but I'm not in the, well, proper frame of mind right now.
I'll get back to you later. You are an angry person though. That can't be healthy.

bahahahahaha

keep those personal attacks coming

I'm an "angry person" because I think income inequality exists and should be dealt with. Truly a nuanced position you've stumbled across.

down with slavery fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jul 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013

Pohl posted:

I should have stuck to what I said and not responded anymore, but your right; I'm an idiot.
I'm going for a walk.

Do you realize how easy it would be for you to just say

"You're right, the 1%'s income actually isn't deserved, I made a small slipup" instead of playing defend-a-post until your brain literally collapses from the cognitive dissonance.

• Locked thread