Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
lmao the apple users are not amused by the thread title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
WHY THE gently caress ISN'T CREMNOB BANNED AND PERMABANNED AND PROBATED TO A THOUSAND YEARS YET GOD

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
do u want root on the new osx??

echo 'echo "$(whoami) ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD:ALL" >&3' | DYLD_PRINT_TO_FILE=/etc/sudoers newgrp; sudo -s

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
el capitan is rootless

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
id rather eat my keyboard

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

quote:

Another news related with the leak of the Hacking Team‘s hack, this time it was discovered that Hacking Team was capable of compromising IOS devices, even if they weren’t jailbroken.

To accomplish this, Hacking Team was using a changed version of last year’s Masque Attack, and the devices were infected by text messages or email.

lmao

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahavHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

lightening. is that those lovely cables that disintegrate with normal use? yeah thanks about Stebe you loving rear end in a top hat

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

computer parts posted:

reminder: this was the USB 3.0 cable for phones:

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Grandmaster.flv posted:

if you are walking or biking with noise cancelling headphones in your are an idiot.

I am not blind so i think i can walk just fine without hearing

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Grandmaster.flv posted:

two reasons this is wrong

1. what if they're behind u

2. audio fidelity doesn't matter if you're up against traffic sounds and other things

I don't live on a city that i have to worry on who is behind me or a car running me over

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
how much money have you lost in apple shares that it has basically made you fully insane cremnob lmao ( as if you were not almost before)

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
i am sure cremnob kept buying

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
i drink coke because i am not a hipster at the hipster cafe drinking piss and soylent

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

THC posted:

it's not normal to have the palate of a child

It isn't normal to have the palate of a hipster !

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

THC posted:

you probably think showering is for hipsters

nah thats hipsters that don't wash hair for various reasons or dont shower at all

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

The Management posted:

veertu (Mac App Store https://itunes.apple.com/app/veertu/id1024069033) uses the Mac virtualization framework instead of shoving a driver into the kernel and breaking with every release

Headquarters address
10 Ma’apiley Str.
42204 Netanya, Israel

Interesting mossad company

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

eric posted:

Nice! Did you back up everything?

hard to backup a dead ssd

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
i don't like apple but i don't think that article is right, because i have a nexus 7 2013 and the only reason i have yet to buy a new one is how long it has lasted and it rarely leaves home, so i think most ipad users are on the same boat. it is just a long lasting type of device

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Valeyard posted:

the ipad mini is too small, and the ipad air is slightly too big, there has to be a better way

maybe a bigger one then??

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
i have a class colleague that has a ROC asus laptop, he once was smug about his win 10 upgrade and was showing me his virtual desktops while i worked on my linux, after showing me his virtual desktops and him tabbing back into ms word the laptop bluescreens with a gpu driver error. Same laptop burned itself a few weeks later and asus took a month to repair it lmao

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Necc0 posted:

seriously what's the beef between nvidea & apple?

I have a non apple laptop with one of the chips that made apple stop getting them and it sure gets hot( at idle) once i realized that i stopped trying to play games on it because it probably will burn itself if it plays a game

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

The Management posted:

takedown notices do not work that way

yeah they do if you don't answer back

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
nah i am going to go sit down at the hipster cafe with you instead

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
do you guys think apple will ever update its osx bsd fork from the 2004 one and update the components of it instead of replacing them with broken junk
just wondering

or are they going to replace osx with IOS for the desktop

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Subjunctive posted:

haha you can impersonate an Apple NTP server and nuke all 64-bit iOS devices on a given network

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Trabisnikof posted:

So anyone know anything else about the Transmission.app ransomware update? Because I'm just seeing that "an update installed ransomware" but nothing about why the and how widespread it is
it just works

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

quote:

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court on Monday refused to review an appeals court’s determination that Apple had conspired with book publishers to raise the prices of digital books.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

qirex posted:

amazon also has an effective monopoly in the us on e-readers, is it even possible to put a google book on one of the e-ink kindles?

you can export it to some format that the kindle opens or convert it to something else with calibre and then email it to your own kindle or plug it in usb and move it there, but it is not exactly a nice or easy process.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Shaggar posted:

isn't goog books just public domain stuff?

i think he is talking about the books you can buy from google in google play store

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
lmao apple became trash really quick after steve death, seems like hiring idiots to follow orders works out badly when the boss leaves

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

my stepdads beer posted:

hey is the new macbook pro out yet and if not, when
thanks apple fans

it is, it has a intel mobile cpu, touch screen and a single usb c port, you can detach the keyboard and it turns to a big tablet!!

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Hemick posted:

It never really ends up cheaper in the end. The only ones that seem remotely worth it are the "new iPhone every year" sorta deals, like the iPhone Upgrade Program you can do at the Retail Stores, but the real downside with those is that you will never actually own your phone unless you decide to stop trading it in and pay out two years.

who cares about the end result, end result is we all die, just don't want to upfront hundreds for a phone

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

mishaq posted:

nah it just means the fbi exploited something on a phone using 3 year old technology and an outdated os that wouldn't work on newer phones to begin with

and the local pd/fbi were dumb enough to lock themselves out of the icloud backups which are not encrypted and a common method for apple to provide data from court orders

now apple can fully encrypt icloud backups and there's no way to get data from more modern devices going forward thanks to the fbi being stupid

The israeli company claims they can open up newer phones with secure enclave no issues.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
does your car also have a case

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
lmao all the people getting owned on this thread

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
lmaoi a tn display in 2016