Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

apple your poo poo is garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

poty posted:

if
then
gently caress this gay earth

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

THC posted:

I know a nonzero amount of people who only use open source software because "you can freely modify it to suit your needs!"

they don't know any coding and wouldn't know where to start

at least one of them has a methamphetamine problem

broken clock opsec posted:

um excuse me as a casual computer user i'm reviewing the source code to pulseaudio before committing my system to it

now, what does #include do?

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Perplx posted:

i don't believe it will have an a8, its 1.5 years old at this point and the oldest cpu apple has put in a new product is 1 year old so far

a8 is the new a5 though, so it's gonna be around awhile in eg the ipod touch and appletv

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Tatsujin posted:

I like how

*megaphone screech*

SAME

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

DaNzA posted:

:qq: :qq: :qq: :qq:

Apple announced this week that they’ve joined our fight to use technology to improve sleep.
There is a lot to be done. Indeed, workers on the “night shift” have nearly double the lifetime risk of cancer [1], and much of this is believed to be driven by exposure to bright light at the wrong times.
Apple’s involvement in fixing this problem is a big commitment and an important first step.
We’re proud that we are the original innovators and leaders in this area. In our continued work over the last seven years, we have learned how complicated people actually are. The next phase of f.lux is something we cannot wait to ship to the world.
Rather than suggest simple answers, our mission is to enable f.lux to advance the science, while providing customized solutions for each person. We intend to make f.lux better in every way than the app we designed back in 2009.
Today we call on Apple to allow us to release f.lux on iOS, to open up access to the features announced this week, and to support our goal of furthering research in sleep and chronobiology.
As we continue to innovate and improve upon our ideas, we remain hopeful that we will have the opportunity to offer our best, new work to everyone who wants it. We’ve learned that people’s lives, biology, and everyday routines are incredibly, wonderfully different, and these differences must be embraced. There is not one right answer for everyone, so we are committed to making software that’s ever more adaptive and responsive to each individual’s needs.
Thank you for the words of support. We hope you’ll join us in our quest to understand how screens and light affect sleep and in turn, human health.

:qq: :qq: :qq: :qq:

"please apple, destroy your security and integrity protections so we can do as yet undisclosed things at the system level that barely alter what flux already does thanks"

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

im the theoretical future where apple buys out flux but doesn't immediately kill development on other platforms

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

lol you paid one hundred fifty united states dollars for a controller

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

nah it's still blindingly white

tw: verge
http://www.theverge.com/2016/1/19/10789052/apple-employee-diversity-eeo-1-filing-2015

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

same but the iphone 5ci, 5cx, 5vi, 5x, 5fx, 5vx

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Celexi posted:

nah thats hipsters that don't wash hair for various reasons or dont shower at all

hazyrazor posted:

I got on the "no 'poo (shampoo)" wagon a couple years back and it was rough going for maybe, 2 months? Eventually your bodies self-cleaning mechanisms start doing their job again and my hair was looking better than ever. After realizing the human body was essentially self-cleaning I tried a "no-wipe" regimen and holy cow, this was rough. Constant itching and discomfort. Frequently found spots on my undergarments. I cannot describe the temptation to just duck into a restroom for a single wipe. It was at its absolute worst when I was jogging. I basically couldn't do anything that caused my back to sweat which totally upset my fitness routine and impacted my weight. I personally wouldn't recommend trying to quit toilet paper but I didn't have a bidet so maybe OP knows something I don't.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

infernal machines posted:

help! my phone appears to have drowned in piss

piss christ 2

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

new wireless quickcharge charges faster than non-qc 2.0 wall warts anyway

so there's no excuse

google disagrees lol (tw reddit)

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3mzrl9/hi_im_hiroshi_lockheimer_here_at_google_with_the/cvjjnp0

quote:

HL> Thanks for being a Nexus fan! We added Qi wireless charging starting with N4 because plugging in USB micro B was such a hassle! (Which way is up!?) With this year’s Nexii, we support USB Type-C which has a reversible connector so there’s no more guessing. AND it charges incredibly swiftly: 1% to 100% in 97 mins on the 6P for example (the first ~45 mins of charging is especially fast). Meanwhile, wireless charging adds z (thickness). So, ease of plugging in + fast charging + optimizing for thinness made us double down on Type-C instead of wireless!

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

yeah usb-c's equivalent to how qc 3.0 behaves (since it uses the same qualcomm parts)

makes it just slightly faster than wireless quickcharge (by about 20 minutes)

e: http://phandroid.com/2015/09/25/samsung-fast-wireless-charging-comparison/

that's qc 2.0 vs wireless quickcharge vs regular wireless charging, but 3.0 has the same effective top charging speed, just does charging rate ramping differently

you gotta convince google, not me bub

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

p sure samsung makes devices with every inch screen from 4 to 12 at least

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Internaut! posted:

eh the average man can probably get by with an iPad, I definitely prefer the larger size over the regular iPad, the screen looks way better than a 13" MBA and it's a lot cheaper than a 13" rMBP

all in all it is very Pro

legit interested in why

like I'm sitting on the couch right now doing Zbrush on a way better screen than my Cintiq with no wires and it's :eyepop:

probably had something to do with the department cj standing over their shoulders and saying "NOT SUPPORTED" into a megaphone at 5-second intervals

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

yo making calls w/ a computer over handoff is p nice, good job

welp that's my story

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

offshoring: you ask the developers to jump 50 times, the next day you get a video of them jumping over a piece of paper that says "50 times"

inhouse: you ask the developers to jump 50 times and they tell you that's out of scope for this release and also they each spent 2 and a half hours either in the bathroom or on lunch break or both

contractors: you ask them to jump 50 times and by the time they're done they've already responded to three different linkedin recruiters

fw: fw: FW: Re: Fw: HILARIOUS JOKE! All programmers have seen THIS

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

from what i'm hearing it sounds like a moral imperative to use android at this point, if you at all value your software freedom

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

The Management posted:

I replaced an integral part of my security architecture with a hacked third party clone, why won't apple support it?

I performed a routine part swap on a device I own, and the device destroyed itself because it was designed to eliminate the market for third-party repair shops.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

It is my right, as the owner of a device, to take actions to enhance the functionality of that device without the authorization of the manufacturer. These actions are anti-consumer and anti-poor, pure and simple.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Please do not enroll your penis in Touch ID.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Valeyard posted:

rMBP 13 vs rMBP 15

what say you

what are you going to do with it

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

I will say this flat out: if you own or have owned any Apple product, you are not a logical person and your intelligence is in question.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Blackula69 posted:

~my transaction-free hermetic lifestyle~

preparing food at home some weird lifestyle choice now, got it

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Mulva posted:

I will not stand for this iPad Pro erasure, there are at least four of us.

did you buy an oversized novelty hat to go with your oversized novelty tablet?

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

computer parts posted:

apparently Siri might show up in 10.12

tim really has a bug up his rear end telling him to do what microsoft does, doesn't he

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

theultimo posted:

iphone 7 rumors so far are stating a pentile AMOLED is the new feature

"The users outside looked from galaxy to iphone, and from iphone to galaxy, and from galaxy to iphone again; but already it was impossible to say which was which."

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Citizen Tayne posted:

lol why are nerds so in love with amoled? I had a galaxy nexus and the display was utter garbage

better specs

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

emoji posted:

There are already tons of control-freak settings for much less useful things and you can also search the settings. Chill.

such as?

no seriously, where on android do i adjust the parameters of interface animations?

is there a "don't chug while scrolling plain text setting?"

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Beast of Bourbon posted:

the current rumor mill is that timb gave stebe aids and that is why stebe died and then timb received all of stebes power and why he is such a powerful ceo

only after he ousted the traitor scott forestall tho

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

apple users are racist

http://www.elischiff.com/blog/2016/5/10/racemoji/

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

i use the nvidia product gtx 770, op

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Sagebrush posted:

and yet every broke brained person in yospos who takes ssris has experienced them. you're all soooo special

yes, i too am getting mad at the mentally ill, because i'm cool and good

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Larry Parrish posted:

So long story short cloud files is Apples excuse for not supporting micro SD more than 10 years after the cheapest piece of poo poo feature phone supported it

hmm yes because the tire fire that is android's sd card implementation is imitation worthy

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

i long for the rich, inviting appearance of ios 6

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

it does not surprise me in the least that the company who came up with access connections is bad at making features that have a software component

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

https://developer.apple.com/app-store/search-ads/

apple dead

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

graph posted:

just lol @ all the screen-in-the-bedroomhavers

it is normal and accepted to use your phone as your alarm

lmao at the other stuff though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Shaggar posted:

pretty good. I clicked on the thing and it downloaded and installed.

he means

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread