Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i'm liking all these fyad posters coming in, who have literally never once posted in yospos and being all "omg smythe is sooooo bad, omg u guys"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
how many apple 24k gold (not actually gold) watches did apple sell?

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i was gonna buy like 10 apple shares but then i went to lunch instead and looks like i just saved myself by laziness

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
maybe if apple paid dividends...

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
yeah but exactly 0% of those watches had a headphone jack or iCamera in them, so they're not really even considered 'watches'

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
because steve made it

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
the back button on android can do the following things:

1) back
2) forward
3) execute the selected button
4) nothing
5) clear the screen of all input
6) close the app
7) minimize the app
8) launch the app
9) minimize and launch another app
10) fill in default information
11) many more

all of these are app dependent and you have no way of knowing what will happen if you hit the back button!

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
so is the safari ad blocker thing on ios just going to be like adblock pro plus addition where the adblock people can "approve" ads/companies and those ads go through.

except in adblocks case, you can turn that off, but in apple's case I"m sure that you won't be able to.

so basically every advertiser is just going to have to pay Apple a fee to get through the adblocker...

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i heard that if you try connecting an anroid device to your apple airport extreme's wifi network, it won't let it on and cause it to crash

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
it's actually violence

apple should be in jail

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i buy tons of ads and i use all the ad blocking software i can get my hands on

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i was on backstage w/stebe at macworld 2002, we demoed a video game, i think it was giants citizen kabuto for mac, maybe something else.. i was going to be the one on stage to demo it, but my intern was way more photogenic so he got to do it at the last minute. i think we made eye contact but certainly weren't within 20 feet of each other.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
we got in trouble because we were selling games at our booth and my dumb ceo added a 1% charge for amex credit cards to cover the fee, and like it was literally printed on our little sign and the VP or somebody of amex was in the audience at the keynote and happened by our booth and then got us in trouble with amex.

also i caused a brief work stoppage during set up because i was carrying a huge bag of tools and like 40 different cables

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
it was back when stebe was a real man

srsly look at this:

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
is that what the web looks like without ads?

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
let's all remember the time that stebe moved to tennesee and had a homeless man killed so he could harvest his liver

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
mmm yes, if u consider putting the phone in some vice grips and a press normal use then 'okay'

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
just found out you can use Apple Computer Brand iEarPods with Sony Computer Brand PlayStation 4 controllers for a mic

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
yeah stebe would have totally been behind:

the apple iwatch
the ipad mega huge
the iphone mega huge

come on son, cremnob you're cremnobbing 2 hard bro

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i have a question for you all

if given the chance, would you bring back stebe for a day if it meant tcook had to die?

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

Would tim cook be removed from the time stream so that he never existed?

no, like there's a button and if you push it, stebe appears (healthy) and is like "hello, it's me stebe" and tim cook slumps over dead at the same time

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
no seriously, what's with the fake battery case photoshops?

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
I never even touched the Music button on my phone and got charged for the family subscription. had to contact customer support, it was a poo poo show, they have worse customer support than valve.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
hey guys just catching up on the thread, have you tried restoring it? it usually fixes the problems and only takes a few minutes.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
someone post that chart that showed most android phones are obsolete on release and never get an update while iPhone are good for 4+ years

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
why doesn't SA just buy imgur

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i have the iphone 6s+ hugephone edition and it's p. great, i can go to sleep with 27% remaining and wake up to like 23% remaining. sometimes i don't even charge it until i get to work and it's at like 18%.

let's see your poorphone androids do that.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
yes bill, that's correct we're trying to confirm now, the Apple Car, possibly called the iCar will have between 3 and 4 wheels, we're not sure yet and confirmations are hard to come by, but we'll update you with more news as we have it. back to you bill.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
the gasoline version of the apple icar will require a different gasoline nozzle and only a few stations will switch over.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
the 1 pedal thing is pretty hilarious with the volume + and volume - buttons on it

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
the current rumor mill is that timb gave stebe aids and that is why stebe died and then timb received all of stebes power and why he is such a powerful ceo

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

kevin, why don't you worry about selling out when you get that opportunity rather than before?

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

zen death robot posted:

you like to offload strangers buttholes into your mouth

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
I like how every complaint about iPhones boils down to "its too hard to side load my nes roms"

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
who even uses headphones anymore, wtf?

you play your music as loud as you can for everyone on the bus to enjoy

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

atomicthumbs posted:

3.5mm cables aren't universally known for breaking

http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=12870

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
maybe apple will make another battery case pack but also it has all the plugs built into it

so you get your 0.4mm thin iphone 7S+ and then you slap on a 3/4th inch thick battery pack with a row of holes at the bottom for all your accessories!

genius! sort of like a phone docking station but for on the go!

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i hope the pro only comes in black

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Smythe posted:

Pwned by Logic.

we call that modus pwnens