Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Smythe posted:

i didnt click the ads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

the exercise part of the watch is entirely useless if you don't walk or run a lot. the stand detection doesn't loving work correctly either because i've stood for 20 minutes or so while cooking and it alerts 10 minutes before the new hour. you need to actively swing your arms around for the thing to actually understand you're standing.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

triple sulk posted:

the watch is entirely useless

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

hello everyone

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Cat Face Joe posted:

"aw poo poo it's the pugs in their sulk MK III cruiser"

u can come see the pugs.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Cat Face Joe posted:

my dog is half pug so basically I see a pug every two days

how many do you have

more than one

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

ban cremnob

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

oh my loving god please ban cremnob

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

gas

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

yo someone fix apple music. what a piece of poo poo. cant even stream the new wilco album straight to my sennheiser hd598s.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Apple today announced financial results for the third fiscal quarter and second calendar quarter of 2015. For the quarter, Apple posted revenue of $10.7 billion and net quarterly profit of $49.6 billion, or $1.85 per diluted share, compared to revenue of $37.4 billion and net quarterly profit of $7.7 billion, or $1.28 per diluted share, in the year-ago quarter. Gross margin for the quarter was 39.7 percent compared to 39.4 percent in the year-ago quarter, with international sales accounting for 64 percent of revenue.

Apple also declared an upcoming dividend payment of $0.52 per share, payable on August 13 to shareholders of record as of August 10. Apple sold 47.5 million iPhones during the quarter, up from 35.2 million a year earlier, while Mac sales registered 4.8 million units, up from 4.4 million units in the year-ago quarter. iPad sales continued to decline, however, falling to 10.9 million from 13.3 million.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

gas (again)

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

pugs are the iphone of dogs. they're made in china and simple as heck, but the ladies love them!!!

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I am careful in how I use the Internet.

I generally do not connect to web sites from my own machine, aside from a few sites I have some special relationship with. I usually fetch web pages from other sites by sending mail to a program (see git://git.gnu.org/womb/hacks.git) that fetches them, much like wget, and then mails them back to me. Then I look at them using a web browser, unless it is easy to see the text in the HTML page directly. I usually try lynx first, then a graphical browser if the page needs it (using konqueror, which won't fetch from other sites in such a situation).

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

rootless mode in el capitan is a real loving nuisance right now. like i get it's great for regular users but for developers it's a huge pain in the rear end.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Pinterest Mom posted:

there will never be a retina macbook air

yeah it's a sitting duck to probably be phased out in a generation or two more once the macbook is a little bit faster

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Perplx posted:

it deleted all my offline apple music

lol

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Shaggar posted:

wth is apple news?

basically flipboard, built into ios and wipes out the ads entirely

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/bellis1000/status/634125587867660289/video/1

:captainpop:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Fabricated posted:

I guess over half of the people trying apple music quit

it's kind of bad. the selection of music isn't the problem but the UX is loving atrocious

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

uncurable mlady posted:

Amazon music isn't actually an option

Is there anything else?

google play music i guess

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

uncurable mlady posted:

does that even work on ios

idk op im just spitballing here

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

hobbesmaster posted:

apple doing stuff like that first party is a legit antitrust concern

a bloo bloo bloo,
    my ads wont go through

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Shaggar posted:

wow apples in such bad shape they have tim out doing pr.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i'm about ready 2 whip my credit card out and buy whatever tim has in store 4 me

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Smythe posted:

same, but, for my mom and with the family amex

u got that platinum??

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

that happened with my 5

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

in ten days, scary monsters will have been released 35 years ago

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

in fact, on the very same day, wish you were here turns 40

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i plucked out a song off the album and skipped ahead and heard 10 seconds of him trying to do a more r&b version of some lyrics like "i'm that nigga who fucks bitches" and turned it off

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Puppy Galaxy posted:

does the weeknd still just write songs about drugging and raping women

triple sulk posted:

i plucked out a song off the album and skipped ahead and heard 10 seconds of him trying to do a more r&b version of some lyrics like "i'm that nigga who fucks bitches" and turned it off

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

PleasureKevin posted:

the apple TV 2 had a USB micro port in that spot. also the new apple TV has no optical port. i can't see it being anything but a heatsink. even the additional solid state space wouldn't add 11mm of height

who loving cares

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

http://9to5mac.com/2015/09/09/discover-coming-to-apple-pay-on-september-16th-with-ios-9-get-10-cashback-up-to-10000-in-q4/

discover had a signup promo going on where you double your cash back at the end of the year. assuming this applies you'd basically get 20% cash back on apple pay purchases. lmao

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

theflyingexecutive posted:

i dont care how many ones of times she posted in yospos, she tweets wayyyyy too much for me to handle

if she never posted in yospos or made fun of bitcoins she'd be hated on for tweeting sjw garbage all the time, assuming anyone even knew who she was

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Smythe posted:

i dont know who she is

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

if you have a 6 i don't think it's likely worth the upgrade. for anyone else go hog wilde

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

theflyingexecutive posted:

reminder: I'm upgrading from this:

to a 6s

super late but lol i had this phone like 7-8 years ago

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014