Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
me and my downstairs neighbor share 1 antenna an hd homerun. also we share dinners, bbqs, drinks, art, and parties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

that's cool that you've got a good relationship with your parents

I'm even closer with your mother

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Anyways nice job I'll take it on the chin

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
You can listen to KUSC Classical via their iOS or Android app. No need for pandora, Spotify, beats etc.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

PleasureKevin posted:

well it's complicated cause he started on youtube and released mixtapes before he released an album which was basically a mix tape of all his mix tapes

he's the son of ethiopian immigrants and a high-school drop-out but lets just paint anyone on the radio with the same brush as britney spears

the last time i said i liked a black artist someone jumped down my thought about "liking the latest manufactured pop tunes" when actually they again were the children of poor immigrants who got popular on youtube after several unsuccessful albums. what is with that i wonder.

the weeknd was at the same apple event god drat

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
The Top40 Carehaver

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

ZShakespeare posted:

lol only America is important enough to have current events.

Problem? Wanna QQ more about bitch?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

THC posted:

this is some pretty shameful samsung cargo cult bullshit

?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
my 'roid automatically goes into low power mode at 15% battery is it lasts a rly long time when its like that but then i goto read the forums on smth and it dies RIP

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

triple sulk posted:

if she never posted in yospos or made fun of bitcoins she'd be hated on for tweeting sjw garbage all the time, assuming anyone even knew who she was

i dont know who she is

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Stymie posted:

oh word

what else is going on at reddit

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

echinopsis posted:

only 80s dudes will get this

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
reading the avalance of incredibly fail posting itt over the last page or so has completely depleted my posting talisman of power

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

PleasureKevin posted:

the iwata thing was like "hey everyone, if i could just have a second. today the CEO of nintendo died. he oversaw the Wii and 3DS. i just wanted to say thanks Iwata. so thanks Iwata."

there was like 20 people there maybe. coincidentally there was some get together of people from the international megacorp gaming company i worked for there, including my um main middle manager dude and i said hi after that.

in my subjective opinion it wasn't as catastrophic as you would naturally imagine a goon doing it, and believe me i would tell you if it was. i once wet my pants at a sleep over, i'm an open book about these things.

i still know the apple store guy i gave the flowers and chocolate apple to. he hasn't teased me about it so i presume it didn't seem pathetic there either.

i feel like both jobs and iwata stood "at the junction between the arts, technology and business" as edward land would say. that's extremely my poo poo. not just inventing or innovating on something, but pushing the needle of popular culture with that technology. i guess it's like, sure, carl marx invented communism, but it was stalin who took it all the way and made it happen!

goldmine

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
On October 31, 2001, numerous TV companies, including the three major networks, filed a lawsuit against SONICblue, which at the time marketed the ReplayTV device. They alleged that the ReplayTV 4000 series was part of an “unlawful scheme” that “attacks the fundamental economic underpinnings of free television and basic nonbroadcast services” according to the lawsuit.

The TV industry attacked ReplayTV for two reasons:

The machines enabled people to record television programs and then watch them without commercials via the optional "Commercial Advance" feature.[6] This had the potential to undercut advertising revenues which the lawsuit called "the lifeblood of most television channels".
The machines allowed users to share programs they have recorded with others via the "Send Show" feature, which transmits digital copies of shows not only on a local network, but also over the Internet to other ReplayTV owners, thereby enabling people who had not paid for premium channels to watch premium content for free.
Both the “Commercial Advance” and the “Send Show” features were alleged to violate U.S. copyright and other federal and state laws, according to the TV industry plaintiffs, who wanted sales of the ReplayTV 4000 devices—slated for shipment on Nov. 15, 2001—stopped.[7]

The lawsuit against SONICblue was stayed when the company filed for bankruptcy protection in March 2003. In August 2003, the ReplayTV 5500 series went on sale without the “Autoskip” and “Send Show” features though the features continued to be enabled on the earlier models.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

iOS 9 is good

its bad

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

zen death robot posted:

Ok ban Kevin now

👍🏻 and i give kevin a little pleasure probe to get outsidwe and some fresh air

👎🏻 and kevin is NOT probed, and stays inside to grow more and more twisted + demented

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
idk whats up with those emoji its some hosed up chrome plugin that doesnt work right and prolly injects ads + malware

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i like to listen to norm macdonald live

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
[podcast opinions] heh. timb. stebe. like to queue up [unbelievably lame podcast] in [crippled fail app]

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Stymie posted:

look closely

it literally is the same as comic sans

lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Millstone posted:

I found this instructional video on using your phone properly
https://youtu.be/xqSLZ1jqhFQ

Don't think there have been any other issues with the iPhone than this

Here's an issue: It bends with normal use.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

uncurable mlady posted:

yeah, it's apples fault that the Chinese pirate literally everything, even free dev tools

:ironicat:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

DaNzA posted:

wait you can jailbreak to add pressure sensor?

it's like the same idiots who complained that there's no facetime on 3gs and they wanted to jailbreak to add that functionality because using the back camera for video chat is somehow a usable thing

it also meant that they had to clone the ecid/deviceid or whatever from another iphone 4 and hack that onto the jailbroken 3gs in order for the device to be even registered, but of course that breaks a bunch of other stuff too on both phones

*clears throat* Anroid, lol.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
epic shipping chat in the apple thread. gas

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

little QQ baby needs his diapy HEHE

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

mute / filtering functions, sync timeline position across devices, downloads tweets in the background so you don't have to wait to refresh when the app opens, good photo support

it is the best ios purchase i made. the official twitter client is trash.

(and i also bought the 20$ mac version. it is good also, and only 10$ now)

i dont mean to invoke rule 36 or whatever but am i wrong in thinking that purchasing a frontend app for a website thats a webapp evoked a p. deece 6.5 LOLs from deep in my diaphragm

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i mean i understand it if its ur job, and it adds like uh Enterprise Grade Functionality and Better Metrics and Maybe a Scripting Language INterface but if its a frontend for twitter and you have 11.5k tweets about sandwiches and 34 followers well...

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
is there an http://www.easyuo.com/ knockoff but for Twitter? loved me some EASYUO.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

theflyingexecutive posted:

Apple put out big phones because there's a fat loving market of boomers whose failing eyes require 48pt text messages

the second part of the market is people whose only computer is their phone

tfw you sit down at your big computer and resume a txting convo.. but this time in lower case and with epic speed

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
tfw u bust out ancient emotions to impress & seduce young millennial babes on the 21st century versions of AIM C=:-) #chef_hat_guy

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Mulva posted:

I don't hear it with my EarPods or either pair of my Beats so I don't see what the problem is. :colbert:

another dumb bastard out there holding it wrong :rolleyes:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

zen death robot posted:

I just use the "Twitter" app

we have so much in common omg

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

DuckConference posted:

maybe not too thin

but you know jony* is striving toward the portless monolith design, maybe the 7 is when that happens

*didn't he like jsut get one of those promotions where he was promoted to be head of nothing or something?

ive been waxing about the portless phone since the nexus 4 introduced me to inductive charging. that would be so sick

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaaa hooooly poo poo

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

nice fierce look with dead grams. Christ..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Live your whole life with pride and dignity. Come of age during the depression. Rivet the bolts on b2 bombers. Bury your husband, the love of your life. And then? Your final remembrance? A selfie with your spoiled twit gandaughter, eyes open and mouth catching flys. Epic.

• Locked thread