Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

again, I think getting paid 50k to say "this phone seems good so far" would own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

PleasureKevin posted:

being a sell out is bad

dude he helped make a computer that helped to launch a gigantic consumer tech company. he's not a loving artist. he can't sell out.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

The only mac exclusive audio program is Garageband which is fail garbage.

garageband is pretty great and logic x is excellent for writing/arranging. apple's keyboard/synth sounds are fantastic

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Smythe posted:

You pay a lot of money to have your holes blown out by epic loving machines and called demeaning names by guys and gals wearing rubber gimp suits with swastica armbands and gas masks.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

THC posted:

Im a clumsy idiot and scratched the hell out of my small edition. I was trying to use it while getting dressed and dropped it and in my attempt to catch it I accidentally stepped on it and slid it face down along the floor. that's my apple product update for May 22nd 2016

thought mental illness chat was probateable?

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

that touchscreen strip sounds like a terrible idea, however apple is also v. good at touchscreen things. for example, the iphone.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

that chair looks loving stupid

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

PleasureKevin posted:

lol just lol if apple adds dual clock functionality to the loving macbook

or a wifi indicator? lmfao

it will be all the current keys, but if you hold Fn they change to the specific app's function keys

i like to look away from my screen to find information that is also on my screen

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Vintersorg posted:

lockscreen is dumb, no more swipe to unlock?

lol cool that thing you've been conditioned to do for the last 5 years? dont do it

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jQkxsEbnS4

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Apple maps doesn't know that a highway offramp has been on the other side of the road for like 6 months now yet.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

removing the headphone jack from the next iphone is stupid, but ultimately will not impact anyone's lives in a meaningful way.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

be cool if they let you double up on charging that way too, that way all these loving music addicts can maybe find a 30 minute window where they dont have to keep their phone strapped to a charger to peep those sick new vampire weekend beats

are you one of those people who doesn't "Get" music

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Apple 2016: Don't Buy

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

it's gay

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Apple maps still gives me bad directions sometimes, therefore it is not better

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

iOS 10 looks worse in both subtle and obvious ways.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Citizen Tayne posted:

It's terrible. The new music player is poo poo.

new music player seems way more functional though?

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Citizen Tayne posted:

In what ways is the new music player more functional?

navigating to playlists/artists etc is in big text on the home screen, don't remember exactly where it was before but it was easy to fat finger and go to the wrong place

also "recently added" is on the home screen and not as easy to miss as before

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

cracked the screen of my 6s yesterday, would be upgrading if the 7 had a headphone jack

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Citizen Tayne posted:

You can upgrade to the best phone on the market today, the iPhone SE.

posts in this very thread suggest ios10 looks like a pos. I'm afraid it's a downgrade, friend.

edit: on the se

Puppy Galaxy fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Sep 16, 2016

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

iTunes crashes on my MacBook Pro after playing about 10% of every song now. cool

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

almost time for a new laptop, let's check in on the world's most advanced operating system

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

one good thing about OSX/macOS right now: when you jiggle your mouse the arrow gets bigger, which is just fun to do

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Axel Rhodes Scholar posted:

ruined this for myself when i noticed that the beachball turns into an arrow when it gets bigger then back to a beachball when it's small.

holy poo poo .......... can't unsee.........".......

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

is the 8 gonna have a headphone jack

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Also its been a few months and I still hate pressing Home to unlock instead of swiping. it always takes extra presses and i accidentally open apple pay at least 70% of the time.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Stymie posted:

wait did they seriously remove swipe to open?

i thought that was a joke because touchid is a joke

lol forever

touch ID is great and the last good thing apple did

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Stymie posted:

touchid was a canary in the coal mine

hyped beyond belief, functionally broken and unable to be corrected, and then shoved into every device whether it was appropriate or not

it worked pretty well for unlocking your phone before they broke it imo

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

it's cool and even good to mock the extremely rich and powerful, even if they are dead.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

zen death robot posted:

but let's try to slap a watchos keyboard on this fucker to save it

the metaphor kind of falls apart here

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

wtf is wrong with gruber

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

gruber's whole career is tied to heaping praise upon a ridiculously successful corporation that does not give a poo poo about him

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I also love McDonald's hamburgers

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Pierogi posted:

gps is maybe good to see where you are if there are no geodetic control network points anywhere around (lol) and even then you have to put your GPS receiver in one spot for 5 hours to begin to pretend that you got a good readout to start real mapmaking.

who the gently caress cares about this

I enter an address and my phone tells me how to get there

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Pierogi posted:

gps is maybe good to see where you are if there are no geodetic control network points anywhere around (lol) and even then you have to put your GPS receiver in one spot for 5 hours to begin to pretend that you got a good readout to start real mapmaking.

what is wrong with you

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

quote:

That person should be ashamed of themselves, and should be very worried when their phone next rings.

what a bootlicking bitch

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

nice, updated to iOS 11 and all the transitions between apps stutter on my 6s. Apple you’ve done it agai

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Touch ID doesn't work for me about 30% of the time since updating to ios11, cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

anyone else having alarm issues since updating to iOS 11? before if my ringer was off (which it always is) the alarm still sounded at full volume. now it only vibrates if the ringer is switched off. I go into work at slightly different times each day so I've come to rely on it. cool!

• Locked thread