Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Why I stopped using pronouns when speaking directly with a sophont
Kenner-braeleen Mockingjay Smith is my 3-year-old biological descendant and I felt I was...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Why I'm glad my teenage brother slyly molested me when I was five
Jim Bob

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Fighting the patriarchal rape-system inherent in pre-school
One stay-at-home dad's struggle against the gender-fascists at Sunny Days Learning and Growth Center

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

How can you help your children avoid the evil scourge of masturbation?
My phrenologist turned me on to some 19th century literature about...

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Wanamingo posted:

20 Things I Have Learned Since My Son Was Diagnosed With Autism
Sometimes, doctors know exactly what we need. Sometimes they don't. Either way, only go to a doctor who sees you as a valuable partner...

All 20 of those things are facts about trains.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Wtf is a microagression?

Why my miscarriage was a devastating experience, unlike everyone else's
Even though countless billions of zygotes and fetuses throughout history have self-aborted, here's why mine was the only one that ever mattered and why I post endlessly on Facebook about it.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

So like when my mom talks about black people, then. Ok.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Why Machiavelli would have made a great mom
In his treatiseThe Prince, given away as a gift(!!!), the author describes the ideal conduct of a ruler. After putting these suggestions into practice, I now enjoy the unquestioning obedience of my children. If only I could find my missing knives!

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

My pastor recommended I blanket train my most recent child
My two eldest children, Jymnestie and Gundersnatch, have been disrespectful and undisciplined for years. After I had my little Sindel, I took my pastor's recommendation on blanket training. It was like a miracle! Sindel is so quiet and obedient now...

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Persistence hunting is the best method to get your picky toddlers to eat food
When I forced Skye to track, hunt, kill and clean a deer by running after it until it was too tired to stand, he no longer threw a fit when I made him eat his greens. After the third hunt, he stopped even crying or talking, giving me a lot more "mommy time".

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Sonofsilversign posted:

Why 17 Is The New 8
After Jenners' latest emotional outburst over video game journalism I realized that everything I'd been taught about maturity was a product of a patriarchal....

Well, 17 is the new 8 (for the middle class planning on college) because extending adolescence keeps warm bodies out of a job pool that is having workers retire later and later due to longer lifespans and a lovely economic situation that has devoured retirement funds. Plus, adult children are more likely to make poor financial decisions like buying poo poo they don't need instead of saving for emergencies and large purchases, which makes manufacturers happy. So, not necessarily a terrible thing, I guess.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Why fighting the swarms of Shyyrkaar soldiers is inherently misoginist.
Everyone knows the Shyyrkarr by now. All you have to do is check the security feed from your hab-dome and you can see them razing humankind to the ground. Even though Prime Chancellor Huntyr-zaiden M'batu called on all humanity to resist the invaders, I will not. Neither should you. Since the Shyyrkaar are similar to Earth's extinct bees, almost 99% of their species is female. As an ally, it would be disastrous to the cause to harm a woman.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Astrofig posted:

Hot New Diet Craze---The Food Stamp Cleanse

An estimated 46 million people relied on the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program---or SNAP, also known as food stamps---to provide adequate nutrition for themselves and their families last year. But what the research doesn't immediately make obvious is that there's a hot new diet trend taking off on Twitter, called the Food Stamp Cleanse. This easy-to-make, hard-to-complete cleanse program entails nothing more than simple, SNAP-approved ingredients and can help participants lose ten to fifteen pounds in the first week alone. We sat down to talk to a few of the participants, to find out what got them into this particular cleanse and how it's working for them....

Unfortunately, a lot of things available to SNAP would contribute to diabetes and obesity, rather than slimming down. There's a reason some of our fattest people are the poorest.

Sounds exactly like the sort of thing a WASPy upper middle class soccer mom would get completely wrong and then write a HuffPo article about. Oh...

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

My friends have a kid named Dade Murphy. Ok first and middle, or should I sever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

vyst posted:

Mess with the best die like the rest

I forgot to mention that he is literally named after the main character from Hackers, Dade Murphy.

• Locked thread